Mojovan Promaster

jostalli

It freaks me out, man!:eek:

I'm sure you're right, I took my little Fiat 128 on crazy jeep trails and often just straight through the woods, and it had even lower ground clearance. And neither the Transit, Sprinter or Promaster were designed to go on off-pavement adventures, and I doubt more than 1% ever will. I'm sure I could manage a RamMaster on nearly all the places I've been in my Sprinter, but that extra bit of clearance provides a little more confidence.

Hey, since it's FWD, and most opportunities to hit the drop axle would occur at crawling speed, an angled guard in front of the drop axle to ramp it up and over the rock/stump/body/etc might be pretty handy. And a profitable little aftermarket product for a fabricator!

Clearance is nice but not always necessary for off road:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HaLUxv_Pik

Take a look at that low rear axle (on a 4x4 conversion! The nerve of those guys!):

Attachments

surlyoldbill

That was all pretty flat, just muddy and slick. No berm in the middle of the road, like the ones I'm worried about. This is a mild example, where the center berm is about 5" higher than the track.

Attachments

pfflyer

What was the purpose of the cardboard taped over factory emblems? I used to hit the ATV trails in Oak Ridge Tenn and was there during a Unimog rally. It would be kind of neat to see a 4 x 4 van rally some day. I don't care what the make none would venture where I saw Unimogs go.

surlyoldbill

What was the purpose of the cardboard taped over factory emblems? I used to hit the ATV trails in Oak Ridge Tenn and was there during a Unimog rally. It would be kind of neat to see a 4 x 4 van rally some day. I don't care what the make none would venture where I saw Unimogs go.
My friend has a 404. He got stuck in the mud at a 4x4 place, our friend with a G-wagon pulled him out. Here's a pic at a stream crossing by Yolla Bolly Wilderness that I had just mad with my van; hitting the hitch receiver on the rocks under the water because of the exit angle (no damage)

Attachments

mojogoat

I don't have any info, I was sent this to try out for ease of installation from the distributor. I'll put info out when I receive it. Installation was pretty easy, the top rail clips on under the weatherstripping, the bottom rail is screwed into the floor. This one will only fit a Promaster sliding door..

mojogoat

Installed Brake control, wired up the aux led backup lights, backup buzzer, added back up sensors, added extra ground wire since I will be drawing more amps when I install the battery to battery chargers. Tied to back up light feed to operate relay. Floor mat is finished, 1 3/8" gym rubber with carpet raises the floor back to the pre swivel height and feels great on the feet. Adds sound proofing and insulation. Have a weather tech mat to go over that.
http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/mcgiotes/Mojovan/story

pfflyer

Nice work. Even though you don't have a Sprinter you can embed pictures here instead of links.

mojogoat

Its actually easier to operate the pedals now, no interference, I have difficulty formatting the pictures to the size allotted by this site. I have difficulty with computers in general, I still have a dumb phone.

pfflyer

Its actually easier to operate the pedals now, no interference, I have difficulty formatting the pictures to the size allotted by this site. I have difficulty with computers in general, I still have a dumb phone.
I understand. There have been several old post that I would have liked to see pictures to find the online photo storage account closed. Don't ever close your account and all will be well.

mojogoat

Just finished the solar panel cover, made from heavy Sunbrella, I picked the color closest to the dirt,bird droppings etc… that have been accuminating on the top of my van. The cover slips over the front nose and over the edges, held on by velcro straps. Didn't design it to travel with it on but it looks like it would stay on on the road. I'll have to test it.

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
Just finished the solar panel cover, made from heavy Sunbrella, I picked the color closest to the dirt,bird droppings etc… that have been accuminating on the top of my van. The cover slips over the front nose and over the edges, held on by velcro straps. Didn't design it to travel with it on but it looks like it would stay on on the road. I'll have to test it.
Why do you want to cover the solar panel?

Top Bottom