What did you do to your Sprinter today.

BigBlueBus

You may want to search the Forum about spray foam before you start. A number of members report problems.
What type of problems? If it's just the application part of it, I'm not worried about it...I have sprayed over 4,200 square feet of the stuff this past fall...I'm very familiar now how to spray and how much.

BigBlueBus

Body panel warping is possible with full filling, or rapid injection.
Yes, I can see how that would happen with inexperienced users. I've found that it's best to use closed-cell foam and spray in 1" thickness increments, which will eliminate the possibility of body panel warping. Spray 1" on the backside of all body panels, let it harden completely, then go back and spray more layers, 1" at a time, depending on desired thickness. The 1st layer of foam, which cures rock hard, will eliminate any possibility of warping, or pushing out, by the inner layers.

I used the lathe and turned some 3/8" carriage bolts into L-track bolts, since there doesn't seem to be such thing as an L-track bolt. I used the 1" bolt I had as an example, but ended up just turning to a good dimension that fit various pieces of L-track I had sitting around. .770 diameter and .115 thickness for the head.

IMG_7050.JPG

IMG_7051.JPG

I noticed your 9-5 wagon. I have two 9-5 wagons (2007 & 2008), both stickshift, and two 9-5 sedans (2006 Arc stick and 2008 Aero automatic).
View attachment 95325
Cool! Yah, we have a fleet here. Just helped my pal pick up a cherry 2008 9-5.

Doktor A used to to have a nice Saab 99.

I've also included a pic of a rear replacement bumper I fabricated. If you have a rusty Sprinter, don't give up! I've been close.

Attachments

Colorado_Al

Paid the insurance which seems to have skyrocketed!
I'm using the Sprinter less and less. Think it might be time to sell it.

tinman

Replaced serpentine belt, idlers, tensioner, thermostat, induction hoses, rad hoses, coolant Zerex G5, split the cooling stack and sent all the expired bugs to a better place, oil and filter, started changing the brake fluid by vacuum bleeding. This was all age related (van, not me) preventative stuff, as the vehicle only has around 80,000 miles. I used the radiator swing-out technique, and would do so again. Everything that came off appeared to be in very good condition, with the exception of grooving on the smooth small idler, anti-freeze and brake fluid were clean. I replaced the small idler with the larger grooved style, which means I'm short one plastic idler dust cover. I haven't looked very hard, but does anyone know of a source for them?

rach1oneil

rach1oneil:

What size Arctic Tern windows are you installing and in what position? Interested in your assessment, as I'm just about to order a couple for my build.
We ordered the 550 x 1100mm size (34-44mm wall thickness) and installed behind the drivers side seat (picture attached). This is where our kitchen area will be. Install went well and we love the awning style window!

Attachments

richard cabesa

Yesterday actually

Seven hours to wash, clay bar, wax, and detail. And then it rained last night :yell:

Oh well, she cleans up pretty good for a ten year old

After checking with EuropartsSD for a front cab window roller bearing and being told they only sell the whole crank set up, thanks to the forum, I ordered the roller piece on eBay. Without the members here, we would all be in worse off.

If someone does need the whole crank set up, Europarts SD has them [$140 or so range] and cheaper than the stealerships. Thanks to all here.

the dude

Fresh tires at 48,300 miles . On 2014-I4 2500 . Michelin Defenders LT245/75 R16 . $245.72 out the door plus a rebate for $70 . Noticed a softer ride & a little amount of body roll . Deep treads , as new , so a little further along might tighten up . Running them at 55 ( front ) , 75 lbs. at rear . Time will tell .

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Seven hours to wash, clay bar, wax, and detail. And then it rained last night
Yes, very nice, I wonder how Dave feels about her still looking that good.

But tell the truth, there is at least one step you left out. Those blacks are really black on the trim and wheels. What did you use?

-Randy

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
Filled my fresh water tank with wiffle balls. Searched the internet for something to minimize water sloshing in my 46 gallon water tank. Located an item called “baffle balls”. They measured 7-8”. Cost for the baffle balls, $200, was about double what I paid for the water tank. But then the seller wanted another $250 to ship them. No thanks. Then thought why not use wiffle balls. Found a sports supplier that sold a box 64 softball sized wiffle balls. Ran them thru the dishwasher to sanitize them. Took 2+ boxes to fill the water tank with wiffle balls. The balls displaced about 2 gallons of water but no more sloshing water when braking or accelerating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Bottom