2006 Dodge Sprinter DIY Camper 96K miles $25,000

lzcamper

A one owner purchased new from Las Vegas and has been in SoCal for all of its 96K.

Started as a very basic passenger van (no extras), but has been converted to a very complete camper with a cassette toilet, galley, electric fridge, solar panel, furnace, 2 house batteries, converter, led overhead lights, 21 gal. FW, 12 gal. GW, 2 cassettes (~5 gal. each), fold-up bed, Fantastic fan vent, lots of storage under bench seating, overhead cabinets, drawers in galley, and under bed area. The first mod that I did was replace all the fixed windows with Peninsula sliders.

Mechanically as good as it gets.

No accidents.

Items to fix. Has 3 rust spots, two next to lower edge/center of windshield (which was changed), one roof seam. Present windshield has a ding that's been around for 90K.

Thanks for looking,

Rick

Lupin

Nice build,

If I wasn't in search of an unconverted sprinter, I'd seriously consider this.

Teak marine cabinetry is exactly what I plan on imitating.

lzcamper

Thanks Lupin, It's always nice to DIY if you have the time and inclination.:clapping: There are lots of good ideas on this forum. I built all the cabinets using baltic birch plywood and stained them with dark cherry.

Rick

Attachments

Last edited:

rr4goose

I might have missed something bout:
Is that a marine burner next to the sink?
What did you cover the floor with?
I assume you can stand up in the van.
Thanks,
-rusty

lzcamper

Hi Rusty,

The stove next to the sink is a standard 2 burner propane type. The base of the floor is what came with the van, a plywood material. I covered that with linoleum. I tried to reduce as much weight as possible, so the cabinets are built with 1" x 2"s covered with 1/4" baltic birch plywood. The Sprinter has the high top, which in 2006 was stated to be 6' tall, but is actually closer to 70" with the factory ceiling panels.

Rick

Soominsp4

Hi,
I'm interested in your Sprinter Camper, and I would like to set up an appointment to go see the car this weekend.
I live in OC area. Please contact call or text me at 949-468-8017
Thanks, Ron

bonzo792

Give me a call. I am in arizona but will drive out to see it whenever you're available. Have cash 4806966731

lzcamper

Aliciacwh and bonzo792,

The van is still available, but there is a change in its status. I took the van in for its 100K checkup (at 96K) and the Mercedes dealer said that it needs a couple of repairs. I thought the van was in perfect mechanical condition and it runs like it is, but the dealer recommends that the noise dampening baffle and intake pipe be fixed. Both are leaking fluid. I will adjust my asking price to accommodate the Mercedes dealers quoted amount of the repair. ($1375).

Something that I didn't mention in the .pdf description is that the van is set up for 2 people. It only has seat belts on the front two seats and a double bed in the back. It would require dismantling cabinets and the installation of a seat to transport more than two people safely.

Rick

Top Bottom