Grape Solar 100w Panels at Home Depot, 32% OFF

Ovrlnd_Trvlr

On A Journey
Home Depot has the Grape Solar 100w panels (GS-Star-100w) on sale for $99 shipped, through the end of October.

https://homedepot.app.link/BAmTGx1z5G

Going to talk to Hein about getting a mounting setup for these panels. It's real close if two or three panels can fit if you have a rear MaxxAir fan installed.

GSWatson

2013 144
Yep, used mobile home elastomeric paint. Figured it would cut down on the heat during the summer; I have no real comparison, but the roof has ceiling has been not very hot so far for two separate months in the desert (Burning Man). It was about $30 a gallon, figured it was worth a shot. I didn't do any real prep before painting, just a wash. I applied too late in the day and so had some bubbles from overnight dew, but other than that, it's been good. I also brushed it on thick around the MaxxAir to keep leaks away.

It also looks really dirty on that pic... just noticed.
Greg

toobiloo

Are the Grape 100w panels decent? I am thinking about getting 2 or 3. I believe they have bypass diodes, which I guess is a good feature. I don't know much about solar panels......

Ovrlnd_Trvlr

On A Journey
From what I have gathered, they are upper midline panels. The big deal is that they sell direct for DIY projects, unlike a company like Panasonic that only sells wholesale to installers.

Grape Solar has a monocrystalline, 180w, made in the USA, panel that is tempting. And two could be easily fitted with the rear MaxxAir installed.

Rmmann

The Grape 100 watt panels are back on sale at Home Depot for $89 shipped. Just ordered 2 for myself.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Thanks... finally bought two.... with free to-home shipping! (theoretically by Apr 10th)

--dick
p.s. soon there shall be church music on my roof: holey, holey, holey...
(when it stops raining...)

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
"Rails"

I have a T1N (1999-2006) Sprinter... it comes with rain gutters.
The $53 roof rack was linked to in that post.

The through-roof wire hole is within reach of the cargo area light , so i can just reach through the existing hole in the fancy ceiling material to tighen the fitting's nuts and pull/push on the wires themselves.

Added: the rails on the NCV3 Sprinters are usually factory optioned, so they were installed by MB during the original build.

--dick (currently at Navajo National Monument's Sunset Campground in NE Arizona... the panels are working well)

Last edited:

rollerbearing

Looks like Home Depot is running that deal again. 100W for $99 and free shipping. Couldn't find an expiration date on the sale. Price looks like it has creeped up a bit.

Top Bottom