Interesting Expiences on This Latest Adventure

Glampergirl

The company that makes the mattresses for LTV is Upper Midwest Sleep.
John Stevens is the owner and is a fantastic person.
The address is:
1251 So 48th Street
Grand Forks ND 58201
We had our mattress made a couple of summers ago. At that time, he didn't ship mattresses to end users so we drove up to ND and he made our mattress in a day! We also got a very interesting and informative mattress factory tour and John took away our old mattress and put our new mattress in place in the RV. His price to us was more than fair and he was a pleasure to meet and work with.

chanson100

Great tips Scarecrow and a great trip! A couple of my own to add:

Sound dampen and insulate the cab - not just the doors, but the floor too. It makes a huge difference in sound. And it greatly improves the conditioning temps of the cab.
How did you dampen and insulate the cab? I have seen door work instructions but not the other areas. :thinking:

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
Ditto -- just did the doors a month ago. Noticebaly better, but not great yet. Seems like most of my road/wind noise is coming from my sliding door..which of course you Unity folks don't have.

Will also replace door speakers, maybe next year, but I'd be interested in what folks have done to the cab floor.

geds

2018 Serenity
How did you dampen and insulate the cab? I have seen door work instructions but not the other areas. :thinking:
I searched YouTube for insulating a Mercedes Sprinter. There are several videos - most were for complete van insulation, but the techniques they show are good for the wheel wells. They also show the cab. Granted, they stripped the dash and seats before starting and insulated everything, including the cab roof. I did not remove the dash or seats, but insulated the floors and the transmission cover. I made special attention to insulate the covers of the tool box and battery box - making sure they can still be opened when needed. I reinstalled the floor mat, put the carpeting back in (I had removed it because I use WeatherTech mats), then put the WeatherTech mat on top. This not only added another layer of insulation to the floor, but it made the seats more comfortable because it raised the floor about 1/2". I never thought that 1/2" would matter!

The floor was MUCH easier to do than the doors!

Top Bottom