NorCal Sprinter Campout - Oct. 10-14, 2019 - We're going to Taylorsville

SprinterSnale

'05 T1N 3500 - NorCalSprinterCampout
Little over two months until the NorCal Sprinter Campout. Woohoo.

Looking forward to discovering Plumas County with you all. A few Plumas friends are excited we are camping in their neck of the woods. My buddy, Paul and his wife are coming up in their '18 Class C Prism. Keep those confirmations and maybes coming. As usual, there is no preregistration or payment necessary and the grounds will be open 24/7 for anytime arrivals.

There is still a touch of snow in the Sierras. (not this much)

Here is information on fishing in the region.
https://plumascounty.org/Fishing-fly-fishing-where-to-fish

Happy adventuring, Dale and Karen

Matiasek

Sounds fun! Someone dropped off a sticker for the event in my driveway in Chico when I was inside taking a break from working on my van. Was that any of you?

SprinterSnale

Sounds fun! Someone dropped off a sticker for the event in my driveway in Chico when I was inside taking a break from working on my van. Was that any of you?
Haha, Yes, That was me, Dale, the NCSC host. I'm your neighbor down on Modoc at Glenn. Looks like your in the midst of a sweet build. I've stopped by a couple times. Hope you can make the campout.

I was just at Home Depot and ran into another guy with a 170 4x4 on order. Gave him a sticker. :) Hope to make your acquaintance soon. Dale

Matiasek

Wow, that's crazy how small this world is! We will have to get together soon. I will send you a PM Dale.
-Mike

glasseye

Damn! My wife just booked written-in-stone appointment for that weekend! :bash::yell:
An old family friend's 70th birthday.

Coulda, shoulda woulda...

MsNomer

There’s a decent chance we Nomers will be there. We left home in Oklahoma June 17, got to Alaska July 2, will start sliding slowly south next week.

SprinterSnale

There’s a decent chance we Nomers will be there. We left home in Oklahoma June 17, got to Alaska July 2, will start sliding slowly south next week.
Chasing fall all the way to Nor Cal. It sounds like a dream trip we would love to hear some travel stories at the Campout. Safe travels and hope to see you soon.

And for those who wish to share images or video, there is a video projector that runs as a sort of side attraction in the evening playing slide shows of all things Sprinter. Bring images on a USB and we can add them to the playlist. Where else can you watch live music and a how to install a MaxxFan or adventure video simultaneously? :)

Silent projector and stage power supplied courtesy of Harry N.

We can expect temperatures of 60-70s highs and 40's lows. 30's are possible but rare like we had in 2017.

Elevation is 3547'. Situated east of a high Sierra ridge line and a six mile meadow valley, Taylorsville has a slightly milder climate than comparable Sierra locations at this elevation. ( I actually believe the Cascade Range starts north of the Feather River Canyon, you will see what I mean when we get there.)

2018 rally lineup in Concow

Last edited:

SprinterSnale

Twenty miles from the Taylorsville C.G. on highway 70 is the Feather River Hot Springs. It is a nice stop off to or from the campout. http://featherriverhotsprings.com/the-hot-springs/
It's a nice place to soak for $15 day use or $20 over night. They will be having live music on Sunday night. The owner, Rocki, requires a 2 hour advance notice to visit to keep the soakers limited two a half dozen. I recently visited the hot springs after a ten years of driving by and she has really dolled the place up.

We are looking forward to the campout and seeing old and new friends.
The thread has been quieter than past years, but many regulars and newcomers have also been checking in via Instagram and Facebook. I'm not a marketing expert, just a guy who loves Sprinters Promasters, Transits and VWs.
My current estimate is the usual 25 to 40 rigs.
See you soon Dale and Karen.
#norcalsprintercampout

HarryN

There is a 50/50 chance that I might not be able to come that weekend.

If anyone from the SF bay area or Sacramento is going, and willing to take the power system with them, that would be very helpful. It is roughly the size of a full size suitecase.

I can drop it off and pick it up from your place.

Thanks

Harry

SprinterSnale

Thanks HarryN for your APU contribution. There is nothing finer than a quiet power unit in a camping environment, particularly for music.
(email sent)

HarryN

Thanks HarryN for your APU contribution. There is nothing finer than a quiet power unit in a camping environment, particularly for music.
(email sent)
Hi Dale,

Thank you for the power estimate.

Looks like on at least one day we will need at least 2 kW-hrs of solar to re-charge, so 5 - 700 watts of panels that time of year.

The load (total kW-hrs) is within the ratings of the 1x3 system in my van, but larger than the more portable 1x1 system like we used last year.

Will give it some thought.

Harry

HarryN

Harry, I may be able to bring that up. I’ll check back as time gets closer.

Cheers,
Greg
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the offer, will keep it as a backup plan.

Maybe we can find someone from the San Jose area to bring it up. It would be a good test for a potential customer to use it to run the stage and perhaps their own power needs.

Harry

ralewis

We will be attending as well! Showing up on Thursday and staying till Sunday. Our niece wants to join - is it possible for her and her friend to camp out on the same site with the RV?

Ralph & Lorri

SprinterSnale

We will be attending as well! Showing up on Thursday and staying till Sunday. Our niece wants to join - is it possible for her and her friend to camp out on the same site with the RV?

Ralph & Lorri
Absolutely. The space we have reserved at the campground has no designated spots and is a few acres so you can bunch up as you please. Your niece can pave for her RV for the night that she is there. All of the camp fees go directly to the campground. I host and coordinate the event gratis. Thursday is a fun day to set up and settle in and get to know one another before it gets busy.
See you Thursday.

SprinterSnale

Also, do we need to make reservations to stay or can just show up on Friday?
Taylorsville campground does not take reservations. You can just show up. There is plenty of room. And the gate will be open 24/7. The campground accepts cash or check. We hope this encourages people to come up on a whim if their schedule permits at the last minute. Thank you for checking in.

We are getting excited. We have free stickers for everybody and will have T-shirts that will be available for 15 bucks.

Top Bottom