Download German Tech Manuals?

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
Awhile ago, this website was put up to sell a James Cook 4x4. There are some technical bulletin downloads on the website in German. Would be nice if someone could archive these someplace.

https://4x4westfaliajamescook.wordpress.com/tech-dowloads/

Also, in the download file on the central computer console, there are some interesting tidbits (if anyone can read German). There are 4 dipswitches on the back of the central computer console (which apparently come in two versions: one with and one without heater controls).

1-- Number of batteries?
2-- Type of Batteries
Sonneschein/Exide versus Deta
(Are these all gel types and could the Deta setting more approximate an AGM battery voltage?)
3-- type of fridge? What does this switch do?
4-- Celsius or Farenheit

Can anyone figure these out?

onemanvan

Attempted to translate the central electronic console document - with limited success. Find it interesting that error codes of Espar airtronic heater can be displayed...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

central electronics display Heating error indisplayMeaning Cause
F10 shutdown due to overvoltage F12 overheating, disconnection via fuel pump * 1 air duct clogged F13 overtemperature Flame sensor * 2 air duct clogged F20 interruption glow plug glow plug defective F23 interruption controlling glow plug, connection B5 F29 burner motor stage 5 does not rotate F30 burner motor stage 4 does not rotate F31 burner motor Level 3 does not rotate F32 burner motor Stage 1 does not rotate F33 burner motor stage 2 does not rotate F36 shorting terminal B6 F47 short dosing F52 safety overrun, no flame fuel cut F53 Flame failure from excessive starting power fuel cut F54 Flame failure of large operating power fuel cut F55 Flame interruption of average operating power fuel cut F56 Flame failure of smaller operating performance fuel cut F60 interruption - temperature control sensor F61 Short circuit temperature - control sensor F62 interruption setpoint of ZE (line gray or gray / red) F63 Short circuit setpoint of ZE (line gray or gray / red) F64 F65 interruption Flame sensor short circuit Flame sensor interruption F70 ZE - temperature sensor (Leit. black / white) F90 electronics, reset internal control unit defective F91 electronics, reset external interference voltage in the electrical system F92 Electronics, ROM - Error Control unit defective F93 Electronics, RAM - Error Control unit defective F94 Electronics, EEPROM - Error Control unit defective
* 1 controller locks after four fault indication * 2 controller locks after a single fault indication
To the heater against consequential damage to preserve due to overheating, the controller disables the heating and stores the error code. After verification and expert repair of the heating system, the error code must be cleared. The stored error code can only be erased with a tester.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also of interest is the pinout and voltages:

Terminal assignment 2 x 13 pin AMP connector central electrics
Pin ZE label sectional / cond. -Color
01. Fresh water sensor WS 0.5 02 0.5 timer ge 03. Temperature sensor refrigerator 0.5 gr / ge 04. temperature sensor Outside temperature 0.5 gr / gn 05. Compressor undervoltage 0.5 or 06. Compressor control 0.5 rs 07. Temperature sensor outdoor temp. mass) 0.5 gr / gn 08. Device ground Kl. 31 0.5 br 09. temperature sensor fridge (mass) 0.5 gr / ge 10. Operating voltage 12V Kl. 30 0.5 rt / gn 11. City water solenoid valve 0.5 Not used 12 Power measurement (body side) 0.5 gr / br measuring shunt; Pin 6,3 x 1 13. Current measurement (battery side) 0.5 gr / sw measuring shunt; Flat connector 4,8 x 1 14 wastewater Sensor 0.5 gr 15. City water sensor 0.5 Not used 16 Power Charger (Power on) 17 0.5 GN Generator D + 0.5 bl 18. Lighting Kl. 58b 0.5 rt / gr 19. Temperature sensor Heating 0.5 gr / bl (interior sensor VW) 20, temperature sensor heating (mass) 0.5 gr / bl (interior sensor VW) 21 Heating control (+ 12V) 0.5 ge (controller Heating B14) 22 . Error Detection heating 0.5 bl / ws (controller Heating B04) 23 control voltage Heating (+1 .... + 2.5V) 0.5 gr / rt (controller Heating B07) 24 Reference voltage heating (+ 1.75V ) 0.5 g (controller Heating B08) 25. Voltage measurement minus 0.5 SW 26 voltage measurement positive 0.5 rt

Attachments

Last edited:

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
Thanks for saving file here and translating.

Still "Greek" to me--both language and technical terms.

Wow--a diagnostic computer built-in!

So there's a cooler versus icebox/refrigerator and we probably have the cooler.

Search batteries but name brands could all be gel. Maybe looking at gel amp-hr capacity?

One versus two batteries is probably important to show state of charge?

Wasaabi

Sprinter Westfalia #133
I believe the details about the DIP switches and testing features are located in the Westfalia service manual that we have. I know I've seen that stuff before in English and run the various tests and checked the switch positions a while back. I can try to locate it if anyone wants.

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
You're right!

About page 508 in the pdf version.

Haven't searched our whole English manual, but may not describe as thoroughly as the German file above. Haven't double-checked. Too much content.

elazh001

hello,

would like to know what is PIN 1 on the central electronics display unit. please help.

backside central elektronic display.JPG

i am making the connector myself. thanks

Last edited:

elazh001

thanks for quick reply. i have this PIN layout already. but what i mean is on the backside of unit what are the correct positions?

backside central elektronic display.jpg

thanks

Last edited:

elazh001

my issue is that i don't have the cable with the correct colors yet. actually i am making a connector myself. and now it fits into the unit no mather on which side.
original connector fits only on one way.

where can i get the original connector? does someone have a Mercedes part nr?

Riptide

Do you have a Westy? I think we were all thinking you could just look at the wires coming from the back of your unit.

Do you have a console unit with no vehicle?

elazh001

unfortunately i could not order the connector at onlinecomponents.com. there is a limit of 200 dollar needed for the order.
three parts of the connetor itself are $1,67

connector order summary_2.JPG

connector order summary.JPG

does anyone know somewhere in europe to order these connector?

Or can someone help me with sending this item to the Netherlands? thanks a lot

thanks

Last edited:

elazh001

thanks. i have tried to order on the site of mouser as well, but they also have a high shipping cost. i called them to clarify why they have a high shipping for a connector of about 2 EUR and can be delivered by briefpost. They told me they don't have any stock in the Netherlands and they have also to order from the US.

Top Bottom