gray water level

is this right that the gray water level guage on the front upper control screen doesnt show up until the tank is almost full? this is what the guys at airstream HQ told me awhile ago. it doesnt make sence.

Zach Woods

is this right that the gray water level guage on the front upper control screen doesnt show up until the tank is almost full? this is what the guys at airstream HQ told me awhile ago. it doesnt make sence.
Hello tarpondale -

This is my experience.

Here is a direct quote from the Airstream Sprinter Westfalia Manual, p. 8.7:

"Waste Water Level Indicator

1 Waste water level display

The waster water level is measured by a sensor in the waste water tank and displayed in the electronics center.

When the symbol flashes, the waste water tank's capacity is approximately 2.5 US gal (10 liters)."

The above, plus the following, from p. 8.6:

"Water Disposal

The waste water from the kitchen sink, bathroom sink and shower is collected in a drain water tank.

The waster water tank holds approximately 18.5 US gal (70 liters) and is located under the kitchen cabinet."

may not be the most clearly translated into English but suggests that both Westfalia and Airstream knew when they were writing (and translating) the manual that the symbol did not flash until there were only 2.5 US gallons of space left in the grey water tank.

Zach

zach, so our symbol only shows up when there only remains 2.5 gallons of space left in tank and flashes, and thats correct? the symbol guage doesnt operate like the freshwater guage and show for example when its half full?

Zach Woods

zach, so our symbol only shows up when there only remains 2.5 gallons of space left in tank and flashes, and thats correct? the symbol guage doesnt operate like the freshwater guage and show for example when its half full?
Hello tarpondale -

That is what the manual says, but if it functions differently I would have to test it under use (and will get a chance to some day soon and report back . . .).

Zach

jujupang

Hey Tarp,
It may have been made in Germany by Turkish workers, but none of the water tank level gauges are accurate; the black water gauge gets clogged with crap n paper and always gives vague readings. You'll develope a sense of when to dump, when in doubt and u have an opportunity , dump it.

kdbar

That's how it works on our westy (gray water level shows up on front indicators only when near full).

Top Bottom