Step on the Roadtrak's Roof

Agile's roof has never washed for years. Does Sprinter's root strong enough to withstand a 130lb person steps on the top of it and do the cleaning work?

Or if you can share your experience on cleaning the roof top.

Thanks,
Agile

Mein Sprinter

Known member
Agile's roof has never washed for years. Does Sprinter's root strong enough to withstand a 130lb person steps on the top of it and do the cleaning work?

Or if you can share your experience on cleaning the roof top.

Thanks,
Agile

I did it on my Agile...but did it on all fours as I wasn't sure of a 210lb person. Washed it alright but was a bit taken aback of the poor caulking job by Roadtrek. :bash:

cheers..

edfrompa

2008 ROADTREK on F/L 2500
IMHO, be safer to throw a small rug on the roof and lay a 2'x4' sheet of plywood on top. Keep it flat and move it around as you work.
Just my $0.02, others may disagree,
Best of luck.
Ed M.

BobLLL

All fours is also safer in that you are less likely to fall off the roof. The footing is uneven, can be slippery, and plenty of things to trip over. Knee pads are nice, too.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Yup... plywood on thick blankets is my approach (but i'm not spraying lots of water around)

When putting in the MaxxFan:

05a-Inhale.jpg

Also serve to protect the roof from scratches as the solar panels went on:

PlyBlankets.jpg

I added ribs to the plywood to help keep it from sliding sideways. They engage the Sprinter's roof ribs.

plywoodRibs.jpg

--dick

Last edited:

jdpartin

The roof of my 2013 RS Adventurous didn’t flex at all under my 175 lbs but it can get dicey if there is slippery gunk on top. I use a stiff brush on a 5’ stick to clean it and try to stand still in the middle of the roof but you will want to get on all fours around the A/C unit at the rear.

Top Bottom