Freedom ii serenity handling / road comfort

td_privatepilot

Thank you in advance for your comment. I currently have a 2006 class C winnebago view with the sprinter-based. The handling and road noise is a bit much when traveling for more than 200 miles a day. How is the freedom ii serenity road noise at say, 70mph. Does it feel like a van or suv vs. an rv? How do you feel after a 500 miles trip in a day? I love the layout of the serenity and the big fridge. Thanks.

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
Just look at each vehicle from the front and you will see the Serenity is more aerodynamic. I can drive 500 miles on day one of a multi-day road trip without feeling tired; ready for a cocktail for sure but not physically tired. I enjoy driving it but I would not say it is like a small van. You are inside a 24ft long and tall vehicle but we find it very quiet and can have normal conversations... Al

Chip D

Chip D, 2013 Serenity
Thank you in advance for your comment. I currently have a 2006 class C winnebago view with the sprinter-based. The handling and road noise is a bit much when traveling for more than 200 miles a day. How is the freedom ii serenity road noise at say, 70mph. Does it feel like a van or suv vs. an rv? How do you feel after a 500 miles trip in a day? I love the layout of the serenity and the big fridge. Thanks.
I have a 2013 Serenity with about 38,000 miles on it now. Living here in the Midwest (Omaha) where many of my clients live in the West, and if I want to visit them without flying, I do it in my Serenity. I regularly will do 600-700 miles in a day. Granted, I want the next day to be only 400-500, but it is what it is. To get from Omaha to say San Francisco, any way you look at it, if you want to do it in 3 days, that means a few 650+ days.

No biggy. I like driving. I regularly drive at 65-70, depending on the winds agin me that is. Dry camp the first night, and then somewhere in Nevada next night at an RV Park, and then on over Donner pass the next day.

Chip D.

calbiker

A lot of the noise comes from the house door. Do you have rubber molding that seals the door?

Road noise can be reduced when reducing tire pressure. Most run with too much air.

Ancote

I presently own a 2014.5 Serenity but I was driving small motor home from Tampa to Montreal and I had to drive a lot of Navion or View.
I can tell that the Serenity is far more stable on road compare to the View or Navion specially if it is windy.
I can easily drive 700 or 800 m a day with my Serenity when I am in a hurry.

Marks71

Anyone care to comment on ride in back, and associated noise? I have an Airstream Interstate, and am trying to figure out how to make the ride back there smoother and quieter. Also considering a Serenity

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
I can easily drive 700 or 800 m a day with my Serenity when I am in a hurry.
Agreed, and I don't even that the NCV3 version. It's fun to drive and is more comfortable than any of my other cars. The seat in so adjustable and I move around if I have been there all day. The wind seems to have little effect on the aerodynamic body. It's not much for squirreling around corners, but neither is my Jeep. If it's top down weather I may take the convertible, but it can get cramped, and has no fridge!

-Randy

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
Anyone care to comment on ride in back, and associated noise? I have an Airstream Interstate, and am trying to figure out how to make the ride back there smoother and quieter. Also considering a Serenity
Riding way in the back is never going to be very good. The term "fish tail" says it all: one is seated a few feet behind the rear wheels axle. Making some suspension enhancements will increase stiffness and reduce the fish tailing, but it will never be totally gone.

Old Crows

Calypso 2014 View Profile
More weight behind rear axle.*

* GVWR permitting.

Last edited:

Top Bottom