Introduce yourself

georgetg

2005 140" low roof
Ok back to the topic,

I'm a reginal airline pilot based in Fresno living in Bakersfield. I'm married and we have a 4 year old Char-Pei/Yellow lab mix. Our dog get sick on car trips, so we got a Subaru Baja Tubo for my wifes to drive the dog around. Unfortunately at 100+ degrees in the summer it's a bit hot for the poor dog on the black plastic bed so we got the Sprinter. The dog thinks it's a house. Now we go camping to Pismo Beach an can take the dog.

I grew up in Germany. In the late 80's I would regularly drive a 209 Mercedes van to pick up Spelt Beer in Bavaria and deliver it to Konstanz. It was fun and challenging driving that overloaded van in the hilly countryside and it must have made an impression on me.

I'm glad my wife bought the dog argument to get the Sprinter and it's my daily driver, in fact it gets better mileage than the Baja.

I'm slowly converting my passenger van to a camper wit seating for 6. I've had this VW Multivan bench that convert to a sleeper bed collecting dust in my garage and hopefully I'll be able to find the time to finally install them in the Sprinter in the next few weeks.

Cheers
George

Old Master

Richard...you talk like a pirate really well, but I've never seen you use the words "G'day mate!", or "Crikey!" Are you sure you're a real Aussie? :tongue:

Old Master

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Richard...you talk like a pirate really well, but I've never seen you use the words "G'day mate!", or "Crikey!" Are you sure you're a real Aussie? :tongue:

Old Master
Answer: G'day.There is a difference to an Australian and a Tasmanian from English upper class decent, in My case Scotland of which I be a decedent from the Scottish Royals:clapping:
As the Queen did say, We are not amused! "Off with their heads :thumbdown:
Ok I am a Tasmanian but with Canadian Connections, as all of my relatives live in Vancouver or Vancouver Island.ex-pats from Rhodesia down on the Horn, but that's from long ago too as the name has changed once or twice since then Made a fortune out of cattle.
Tasmanians have two heads! "We play two up:smilewink:" nearly started World war three , when the U.S navy was down under on RR half a century ago, They reckon were a bunch of Crooks Spoiled Sports, then again a red headed AUSSIE' LOVES A a bottle or two, now days we drown the tinny and shake the snake, to put out them bloody Bush fires! that some pyro- maniac, keeps on playing with matches.

Tasmanians support that useless block of real-estate called Australia.
But we have the water to export to the those in need our our resources.

Tassie lingo
How Ya' going mate! strewth it's "Bloody hot" down under.
Crikey you Yanks are watching to much of Steve Irwin and Bindi,, Crock' hunters she's a real beauty, that little girl and he mum, American! Is so proud of her too.
Now me ol' mate! I don't live that far back in the boon docks, where them crows fly backwards, I mean Strike me Pink!COCK? you could flatten a lizards tail! And tie me kangaroo down, sport. But we do have sat-com communication's TWO PIGEONS ON RELAY 12 hour shifts
Educated too:crazy: well thats debatable? I know a few Bloke's a few Bob:2cents: short of and empty egg crate.
TRAVELED THE WORLD! BEEN TO WAR, TOO MANY! SAW IT ALL, THE PAIN AND SUFFERING OF THE INNOCENT, ESPECIALLY THE CHILDREN. AND THE HEAT STILL GOES ON, THERE IS NO SOLUTION UNTIL WE ALL UNITE AS ONE, TO BECOME BROTHERS AND SISTERS IRRESPECTIVE OF COLOR OR RACE. WE NEED PEACE! AND THE WORLD NEEDS TO LEARN TO SHARE IT'S WEALTH EQUALLY.AMONGST THE POORER NATIONS.
APART FROM THAT I'M A STIRRER OF THE WORSE KIND, BUT THAT'S HOW WE LARIKINS FROM DOWN UNDER REACT, WHEN WERE LOOKING TO AMUSE OUR MINDS! AFTER ALL THE BLOCK DOWN UNDER HAS SPACE TO SPARE.:tongue:
Latest Tourism advert for the U.S.A is "Where the bloody hell are you!"
RICHARD.

Old Master

hmmm...well, thank you for clearing up the difference between an Aussie and a Tasmanian, although you did take the long way 'round. :professor::snore: But, enquiring minds all over the world want to know: Aussies have their dingos, 'roos, and Aussie women...what do you royal-blooded Tasmanians have, other than your Tassie Devils and ex-pat Rhodesians (Zimmbobs?)-Royal Scot-Cannucks??? :thinking: Are there any womens there...an' are yer wimmins as good looking as those bee-yoo-dee-ful Tasmanian Devils??? :D

Last edited:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
hmmm...well, thank you for clearing up the difference between an Aussie and a Tasmanian, although you did take the long way 'round. :professor::snore: But, enquiring minds all over the world want to know: Aussies have their dingos, 'roos, and Aussie women...what do you royal-blooded Tasmanians have, other than your Tassie Devils and ex-pat Rhodesians (Zimmbobs?)-Royal Scot-Cannucks??? :thinking: Are there any womens there...an' are yer wimmins as good looking as those bee-yoo-dee-ful Tasmanian Devils??? :D
Of course the Girls are as pretty as you would think, after all it took the Prince of Denmark to find one of our local devils to marry. and she took a devil back with her, to Denmark:crazy:
Wild life is a varied as you can imagine from platypus to walking fish, we have the tiger still about. lurking in the east south section, even though they are supposed to be extinct:D Like hell! I know the difference between a stripe! and a "Spotted Qual" of course we build the cats and export them all over the world the U.S Navy and marines think they're neat now they're being built over there
life's a breeze down under, I think I'll take a sailing trip! Ahoy me laddies weigh anchor, drop the Mainsail and set tilyard for a little fun down on the duck pond yonder, Ah'rrrr
Richard
INCAT NEWS

tasmanian_devil.jpg

Attachments

Old Master

Man, those cats are spec-freakin'-tacular! They gotta be stable as heck in heavy seas...as opposed to my first ship in '63, a little pre-WWII destroyer that danced an Irish jig in the mildest breeze. Hey, do you live near the water there in Taz? An' do ye hae a boot? Ye ken, laddie? :D

And, that Tazzie Devil looks a bit like my ex-wife, but it probably has a better disposition. :cheers:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Man, those cats are spec-freakin'-tacular! They gotta be stable as heck in heavy seas...as opposed to my first ship in '63, a little pre-WWII destroyer that danced an Irish jig in the mildest breeze. Hey, do you live near the water there in Taz? An' do ye hae a boot? Ye ken, laddie? :D

And, that Tazzie Devil looks a bit like my ex-wife, but it probably has a better disposition. :cheers:
Dear John
Had to laugh at your last comment re Devil-Ex
Yes I live on the Eastern shore of the Derwent Channel, full blown views from Nine to Three o'clock! So hot last night, I sat out on the front deck listening to the Thunder roar out it's warning, as the lightning filled the air with electricity, and danced with the shadows of the night .
And yes I did own a boat shared called the Bulla Girl ,named after the first shipment of convict wenches shipped down under from jolly ole' England. She was a steel thirty six footer, cut down from 48Ft and rebuilt, from an ex fishing boat we salvaged from the Bass Straight, sold it last year the new owner parked it in the fish pond and down it went to Davy John's locker, seems the rear exhaust ports corroded and the water came a tumbling in, I knew we should have used a bronze weld instead of Stainless:bash: he's insured
The In-cat ship yards are just a few miles up the river and they're always testing them prior to delivery.
Hobart_Pano_Day_Large (Large).jpg

f1 (Large).jpg
One picture is of the Hobart waterfront, the other is at Brunny Island where I'm working at the moment, funny thing happened today when I got down to Kettering to put my Sprinter on the Ferry.... I had an uncomfortable moment in time ,when you stop and think about it. as I do get around an awful lot, I thought about this very strange thing that happened. We are five rocks from the Planet, in a world of How many billions of People? and just as many sq miles to to go walkabout,/
Of all the places in this crazy mixed up world of ours! "My EX-Wife landed on the same Dam Ferry" How weired is that! she does not even live in the State, If I was the Captain! I'd make her walk the Plank:yell: {No I wouldn't} Made me think why I disappear from time to time in My journey through life, chasing too many Ghost's, Ah'rrr Yes I did have a small Ship in the last six months, I called her Percilla' Queen of the Desert as My ship was of the Desert variety a Camel.:smirk: Them Middle Eastern Ships sure have some strange habits, ended up in the opposite direction I was going, many a time, always in the wrong place at the wrong time it seems,but that's another story.
Richard

Old Master

Man, I absotootly LOVE that harbor photo! Some people have all the luck...I would really like to live there if that scene could be what I see when I awake in the mornings and drink my coffee. I would live on a boat if I were there!

I'd post a photo of my boat and my Sprinter if only I knew how to do it. Yeah, yeah...I read the article that Seek wrote about posting photos :professor: ; I understood about half of it :thinking:.

Hey...I guess it would be a waste of keyboard strokes to ask if you can come to the Carlisle, PA "1st Annual Meeting of the International Sprinter Lover's (and Occasional Sprinter Hater's) Association," you being halfway around the world and all. Why don't you do what some guys have done...climb up inside the landing gear compartment of a 747...take a couple of tuna salad sandwiches and a plastic jug to pee in...heck, you could be here in aboot 16 hours. I don't have a spare bedroom, but you could sleep in my Sprinter. You would undoubtedly win the prize for "Who traveled the longest distance to be at the PA meeting." :rad: On the other hand, your Ex would probably be there...talking to my Ex, arguing aboot which is the biggest jerk, you or me...HA-HA-HA!!!

Last edited:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I'd post a photo of my boat and my Sprinter if only I knew how to do it. Yeah, yeah...I read the article that Seek wrote about posting photos :professor: ; I understood about half of it :thinking:.
Oh, oh...I know we've changed a few things that would make the pictures uploading a little confusing, but it shouldn't be too bad should it? :thinking:

I should make the corrections to reflect what it is now, but please give my your thoughts on why there might be any confusion. Either PM me or post it in the Comment section near the bottom of the main forum list.

Thanks,
Seek

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
DSC00095 (Large).jpg
Man, I absotootly LOVE that harbor photo! Some people have all the luck...I would really like to live there if that scene could be what I see when I awake in the mornings and drink my coffee. I would live on a boat if I were there!

Hey...I guess it would be a waste of keyboard strokes to ask if you can come to the Carlisle, PA "1st Annual Meeting of the International Sprinter Lover's (and Occasional Sprinter Hater's) Association," you being halfway around the world and all. Why don't you do what some guys have done...climb up inside the landing gear compartment of a 747...take a couple of tuna salad sandwiches and a plastic jug to pee in...heck, you could be here in aboot 16 hours. I don't have a spare bedroom, but you could sleep in my Sprinter. You would undoubtedly win the prize for "Who traveled the longest distance to be at the PA meeting." :rad: On the other hand, your Ex would probably be there...talking to my Ex, arguing aboot which is the biggest jerk, you or me...HA-HA-HA!!!
John it's called a senior moment in time:idunno:
I'd love to come back over to the States, but I have to rebuild my Business, too much time away, and when the cats away, the rats come out to play, Sneaking on a 747 takes twenty hours on a one way flight from Melbourne to LA where the big jet engines fly, as for the wheel hold and a plastic jug, it had better be filled with a full complement of the best British Rum and a little 100% proof Scottish whiskey, to act as a anti-freeze agent
But it would be neat to stay awhile in the mystery Mahogany ship, as for the Capt'n moving out! I must be Admiralty OH I forgot yes I'm Royalty:lol:
And knowing me I'd jinx Ya' ship me laddie That dam ex of mine, is likely to cast her veil of White! "Above the Mainsail, as St Elmo's Fire" drops in on a stormy night, be an electrifying experience.

From where I am siting to-nite in my vision room above, I look across the river Derwent, to Hobart Town. I see the city lights, neon bright, as they reflect the magic of her cascading lights, into the silk of darkness. "All mysterious, as the ocean is deep.

My Island home is a place you never leave, and when you are called away from time, to time, your heart remains, no matter where you go on this earth of ours, in the stillness of a night."You can hear the distance sounds of the meadow lark calling's." your journey's through life, always lead you back from where you are standing,memories are made of this,They're to strong, so strong, the rivers run too deep, and I'm just a "Sentimental Bloke".
As for Photo's I can also help you on this if you are in need, It's not hard, just hard from where your looking, take a step forward and all becomes easier as you explore the mystery of a PC:crazy:

Few photo's leaving Kettering across the duck pond to Brunny Island as I'm about to go back for a couple of weeks Large project to be done down there, So if you came down to the land down under, I'd shout you a beer or two and give ya' a Vegemite sandwich, and a room with a view.'"True Blue"
Richard.
DSC00102 (Large).jpg
Choppy waters (Large).jpg
Kettering Bay (Large).jpg
DSC00095 (Large).jpg
For some reason the last photo is not coming out on the forum, must have overloaded my global limit! Just click it and it should open up as a separate photo.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bruce Campbell

New Vista Cruiser owner. Bought a 2005 this past October and have put 2000 miles around upstate NY. We live in Cazenovia, NY on Cazenovia Lake. Will retire end of June from teaching music and plan to travel to visit friends and family and to play alot of golf. Three kids in college and several trips planned for this spring and summer. A couple of friends and I are going to Alabama next fall to try the golf trail. I need to find great public golf courses to became destinations. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Since I'll be on a fixed income with kids in college I'm looking for cheap camping and inexpensive golf. My wife isn't retiring but will travel when ever possible. My youngest daughter is a freshman at Scripps College near L.A. so this summer will include a trip from NY to L.A. to take her to college. DW will fly home and I'll go see the Grand Canyon. I'm optimistic this will all work out and if it does not I'll have an expensive generator parked in my driveway. Bruce

Old Master

Hey Richard...thanks so much for those photos. I really enjoy seeing locations like your neighbourhood...the stuff one doesn't normally see on postcards.
I would love to ship my wee boat over there and spend about three months exploring your rivers and coastline. But what am I stuck with??? The Ohio River, which one must scrape off the bottom of the boat after a few hours cruising. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, actually.
Last November I drove from Ohio to the Georgia-Florida line, towing me boot aft'o me Sprinter...spent a week or so concentrating on not running aground in the St. Mary's River, on the Intra-Coastal Waterway. (Hmmm...why am I telling you all this?)
I guess seeing the photos made me want to tow my boat nor'east...perhaps to New Scotland (Nova Scotia.) Let's see, you say you are a "Royal Scot"...right? So if I gave them your name, f'instance I would strut into the Halifax Hilton and shout, "Sir Richard, of the House of Altered Sprinter, currently serving HRM under a Royal Commission in Van Dieman's Land...eh...he's a mate 'o mine, what? A decent bloke, what, what?...crikey, crikey, and all that ..." etc., etc. You think they's give me all kinds of discounts, free suite, hot 'n cold running maids, and other courtesies...roll out the red carpet, as it were??? :cheers:
Over and out!

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Welcome Bruce
I hope you enjoy the forum, and share your travels with the members, some play golf :thinking: but were all into music:thumbup:
Richard

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hey Richard...thanks so much for those photos. I really enjoy seeing locations like your neighbourhood...the stuff one doesn't normally see on postcards.
I would love to ship my wee boat over there and spend about three months exploring your rivers and coastline. But what am I stuck with??? The Ohio River, which one must scrape off the bottom of the boat after a few hours cruising. Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration, actually.
Last November I drove from Ohio to the Georgia-Florida line, towing me boot aft'o me Sprinter...spent a week or so concentrating on not running aground in the St. Mary's River, on the Intra-Coastal Waterway. (Hmmm...why am I telling you all this?)
I guess seeing the photos made me want to tow my boat nor'east...perhaps to New Scotland (Nova Scotia.) Let's see, you say you are a "Royal Scot"...right? So if I gave them your name, f'instance I would strut into the Halifax Hilton and shout, "Sir Richard, of the House of Altered Sprinter, currently serving HRM under a Royal Commission in Van Dieman's Land...eh...he's a mate 'o mine, what? A decent bloke, what, what?...crikey, crikey, and all that ..." etc., etc. You think they's give me all kinds of discounts, free suite, hot 'n cold running maids, and other courtesies...roll out the red carpet, as it were??? :cheers:
Over and out!
"
Crikey! I thought I was good at dreaming up a good yarn.. Narrr ' I'll send you a copy of the Castle "tell em' He's Dreaming:smirk:
I was trying to think of a way to describe Hobart, not an easy one until I looked at from where you are residing, Hell's Bell's thats a big place, but if per say you dropped back to the early nineteenth century, then thats what Hobart looks like, as most of it's original superstructures remains along with the advancement of it's history.
Links.
Google Image Result for http://www.arts.ualberta.ca/~tbutler/trips/Taz-2006Jan/01-Taz-photos/04%20-%20Hobart%20-%20Salamanca%20buildings.jpg

Tasmania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Google Image Result for http://matthew.mumford.com/photos/australia/02_dove_lake_circuit.jpg

As for going down to Florida, get real! There's alligators in them swamps, and mosquito's as big as Golf balls! and "lousy ol' cat fish" Heck the worst we have are toe nippers, fresh water lobsters and ankle bitters, "platypus" that look like Dr frankinstine stitched up a whole bunch of furry animals, into one! The thing even lays eggs, but we have the best trout in the world up in the Central Highlands, boats , hook line and sinker,and this is true, honest I wouldn't lie, as it's a fact, not a myth. When the American tourists come down to our Island hideaway, there's a percentage that just disappear, they never come out of the woods, funny come to think of it, the Canadians get lost in the wilderness as well they don't come back either :lol:maybe that's why 4% of my client base are ex North Americans.
seriously, if you ever did make it down , most folk just want to stay it's a fantastic place, with a great life style, and the best part of it all is it's 90% free and you don't have to tip.
Richard

PS If you want to chat? let me know. I'll set up a section called the chatter box in the off topic section, I think Zack or Seek might have a go at me for blocking the welcome to the forum section, as I have seemed to have hijacked the thread, let me know and I'll do it.
Australian expression G'day, G;day and what'a ya' know Oi, Oi, Oi.
PSS: Leave your cursor on the center of each photo and it will describe the name of each print
Huon River.jpg

Derwent River New Norfolk.jpg

Dove_Lake.jpg

Gordon River West coast.jpg

18 - Hobart - Cricket.jpg

Last edited:

Old Master

Yeah, why don't you do the chatter box thingy; I guess we have monopolized this thread. I'll watch for it. And, may I ask what the business is to which you keep referring? I mean, unless you're a hit man, or a CIA agent, or something cool like that, you don't have to reveal it. Picking up on some clues I've noticed, I'd guess you're a fishing or hunting guide for rich Yank tourists. Oh wait, you might be a geologist...I notice the quote at the bottom of your posts...the "rocks" thing.

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Yeah, why don't you do the chatter box thingy; I guess we have monopolized this thread. I'll watch for it.
OK Give me day or two and I'll set it up.. I'll call it the "Chit Chat Box" that will get a few lookers in:eek:
And, may I ask what the business is to which you keep referring? I mean, unless you're a hit man, or a CIA agent,It's in my profile look and ye shall find or something cool like that, you don't have to reveal it.
Clue! My Grandfather, long time ago, as a child , said to me what do you want to be, when I grow up? I said "I Dunno'":idunno:He said get a trade son and you'll never be short of a Bob,:2cents: he was right.
Picking up on some clues I've noticed, I'd guess you're a fishing or hunting guide for rich Yank tourists.
Ah'rrr me laddie Tis for me to pick and chose, before I throw the Blade:wtf:
Oh wait, you might be a geologist...I notice the quote at the bottom of your posts...the "rocks" thing.
Humm' geologist! Nar' too many times I've been caught between a rock, and hard place.
I guess the reference was as I have always owned Vans matches the theme of "VAN DEMONS LAND" , then you do what comes natural with the opposite specie of the sex:shhh: in the back of a Van.Yeah!:rad::rad:ROCK ON. THE REST IS TOTALLY:censored:
PS Look for off topic section that's where I'll run the Chit chat thing.
Richard
Next Day Done:
"chit-chat Talk Back About Anything" - Sprinter-Forum.com

Last edited:

mgameros

SprinterFest 2007
Hello Folks! My name is Moses Gameros and I live in Los Angeles area. I'm 33yrs old with 3.5 kids. I bought my 2006 158 Pass Sprinter about 35 days ago. I have already been to San Francisco, Las Vegas twice and just this weekend to Santa Barbara. I love it! The main use for my sprinter is for my business but it's also my SUV and Toy Hauler for my dirt bikes. I have posted some pictures below of my new toy.

mgameros

Attachments

Zach Woods

Howdy Richard -

When I swapped over to an MB front grill I also used a grill like the one Moses used. So it is possible that my 2005 Airstream Sprinter Westfalia, built on a 2004 Freightliner titled chassis, has a 2002 Mercedes grill on it.

I used that grill because that is what a Belgian MB dealership sold me (I picked it up while in Europe).

Pros

- no need to worry about painting the grill surround body color

- I find the look simpler / cleaner

- maybe slightly simpler to install (I don't know I've never installed the version with the surround!)

Cons

- my grill had two post receptacles for my cdi badge instead of the 3 that it should have had so I had to glue the cdi end in place (it was starting to bend away from the vehicle due to wind/ air pressure)

- I like the look of the "honeycomb" style grill a bit more

Zach

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Thanks for the update on that one, now I know why. the guy on eBay sprinter acc' sells both of them I think? as a kit minus the steering wheel star,Yeah I know why , but it does sit below the air bag cover Honest, it's not above it, another mystery there on that one, any way either look good on the LWB hi top sprinters in both silver and Gold
Richard313 CDi (Large).jpg

Attachments

Top Bottom