VS30: 2019+ Lots of 2019+ 3 & 4 person bench seats for sale - Los Angeles

Eric B

Hi all,

I found this craigslist listing last night:
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/d/brea-sprinter-bench-seat-2019/7020585953.html

Owner's phone number is 714 713 6304
Business address is 490 Capricorn St, Brea CA 92821

I had been looking for a 2019 3person bench for several weeks
Got a hold of these guys - they are a van mobility company among other things - like it shows in the pics, they have a LOT of seats :rad:

I just went down there and got myself a brand new black leatherette 3person with tracks and hardware. Seat is perfect. I'm very happy.

I have no affiliation with this business
I am merely passing along a source for bench seats to others here in the area

Attachments

Thanks for the info. I have a 2019 4x4 cargo as well. Any idea how you are going to mount it? I read that there are no captive nuts under the floor for cargo vans.

Eric B

Do you have the wood floor option with D rings?
If you do, notice the two torx head bolts (w/o D rings) located closest to driver / passenger chairs?

When you remove all the D rings, and the forward aluminum threshold plate, you’ll see that the floor is held down by LONG strips of Velcro along the slider door edge, the opposite edge, and the edge where this panel of wood butts up to the rear wood panel. I found that a long wooden broomstick handle and an extra set of hands helped to get all this Velcro to unlock. Then the wood can come out.

Then you’ll notice that the floor sheet metal has three wider indentations that correspond to where the floor tracks will go.
Those Torx head bolts mentioned above correspond to the forward most holes of both the inner and outer tracks.
The tracks have three bolts each for a total of 9
There are no pre-existing holes for the middle track in a cargo.
So you are going to have to add 7

The captive nut / nutsert closest to the slider door looks like it was done in a hurry at the factory because it was spinning when I was trying to undo that bolt. Yours may be better installed.

I’m an engineer in the car design industry, and on the side I occasionally work on race cars.
Adding the necessary hardware for the bench doesn’t worry me.
Rather than using nutserts by themselves which would be dangerous in the event of an accident as mentioned everywhere, I’m going to use at minimum floorpan race seat / harness backing plates (link below), or just make up three strips of 1/8 or 3/16 sheetmetal cut to length of the tracks with nuts welded on.

http://www.racequip.com/seatbeltsharnesses/beltharnesshardware.html
Item 700070 for example
The bigger the backing plate the better of course

Hardest part is going to get those plates positioned from the underside since at first glance exhaust heat shields look like they will make it a tight fit... where there’s a will there’s a way ...

Last edited:

Eric B

No problem Offshore Dan

I guess I could have taken pics earlier today ... my bad ...
But if I can make the time I’ll be installing my bench next weekend - if that happens and if you haven’t started yours I’ll post up some pics of how I solved it .... to each their own though and you may want to go about it a different way which is fine ...

Eric B

Just to be clear, am not saying the racequip backing plates will work with Mercedes hardware - just showing a pic of what I’m talking about. (The racequip plates are SAE standard and I’m willing to bet the merc hardware is metric...)

steved57

No problem Offshore Dan

I guess I could have taken pics earlier today ... my bad ...
But if I can make the time I’ll be installing my bench next weekend - if that happens and if you haven’t started yours I’ll post up some pics of how I solved it .... to each their own though and you may want to go about it a different way which is fine ...
So did you install seat and if so how did it go - pics please if you will

slamit

www.cacampervan.com
Thanks for the link...I have seen these guys also. I would strongly however recommend to mount your brackets differently. Use at minimum a "u" strap/plate around your frame rails. In a crash these seats take a lot of stress. One of the reasons there are 3 mounting holes now is stronger pull test standards. (old one 12k pull forward and backward test) Your kids lives depend on making them secure. As with any system unless you are going to a certified upfitter that has crash tested their mounting system...its at your own risk. I understand your an engineer...but these take a lot more pull than a single seat in a race car an even those are welded into the frame structure, because you have three people, a heavy seat, and the leverage. I am sure you have done your math on the stress involved with the G's. :smirk::smirk:

This may help just as a general over view. I posted this info because I got tired of no good information on what to consider when mounting a seat. The cargo bolts you are referring to are NOT as large as the factory seat ones, just FYI. So even that isn't the same as the "factory" standard. I don't general do seat mounting, but when I do I prefer on the side of over kill and with Sprinter a U bracket is the best way with a through bolt.

link on ways to mount seat bolts

https://www.cacampervan.com/seating

Eric B

@slamit I agree with everything you said. FWIW I got a bench for my cargo van not with the intent of transporting large or small humans in it. It’s just my wife and I - no kids. The bench is there mostly for when we are not driving, for dumping bags / groceries when we come back from the store, etc etc ... And yes for the two outside rails I am running a single 3/16” strip along frame rail that captures all three bolts on each side. No pics yet - it’s been raining a bunch.

TrackSprinter

2016 Motovan Boondocker
Previous searches and even my own post, I did not receive any feedback.

Will the 2019 cups fit the <2018 model vans with or without modification?

Hi all,

I found this craigslist listing last night:
https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/d/brea-sprinter-bench-seat-2019/7020585953.html

Owner's phone number is 714 713 6304
Business address is 490 Capricorn St, Brea CA 92821

I had been looking for a 2019 3person bench for several weeks
Got a hold of these guys - they are a van mobility company among other things - like it shows in the pics, they have a LOT of seats :rad:

I just went down there and got myself a brand new black leatherette 3person with tracks and hardware. Seat is perfect. I'm very happy.

I have no affiliation with this business
I am merely passing along a source for bench seats to others here in the area
Thanks for sharing this information. I called and spoke with Vince earlier today. Very knowledgable and friendly guy. He does have 2018 and 2019 seats with rails in stock. I'll probably purchase a seat next week from him!

Top Bottom