New to forum - 2004 short Sprinter - work in progress.

Blackcatter

Hi all.

Another quick update. I bought a Freedman fold-away bench seat for the back of the van, since we occasionally need to transport more than one person. Worked out pretty well and I like I found a fabric color that matches the fabric color we chose for the interior panels.

Folded up it still gives a lot of room for storage. For instance I transported my gas grill to church for a cook-out today and had plenty of room.

Next step is to look into improving the sound system. I wanted to get the seat in before I did the sound, since I think a subwoofer installed on the floor behind the bench seat will work nicely.

Attachments

Nbulken

My daily drive is that ultra rare high roof, window short fan, and I'm going to miss it when i finally move on from this job (which the van is provided by). It's to the point where I'm looking for a 144 to replace it as my 'next' vehicle, probably a T1N for financial reasons. I just hope the 144 turns as well as the 118 does. Nice buildup on your rig. I really like that flip up seat, really cool application. I think I'm going to have to do the wheel paint trick on the work van soon. I thought you had painted the tires there for a minute, though.

Okie Rick,

I would like to know what windows you installed, I'm in the process of doing the same thing; bought a 118" cargo with no windows, not even on back doors, and want some installed. What brand are they? I'm having a hard time to find someone locally who will do the job.

Frederic

Re: Freedman flip seat

I would also like to know where you purchased your Freedman seat, I've emailed them in Atlanta and have not heard back from anyone. I'm trying to get a price and if they'll ship to FL. Did you buy directly from Freedman in Atlanta or another party? Price and model of seat you bought would be great, thanks.

Top Bottom