2019 4x4 Delay

nickbokhoven

I just received word that my 140 4x4 High Roof Crew in Tanorite Gray Metallic is "on the ship from Germany to the Usa"

I ordered on August 8th from Mercedes Benz of Massapequa in New York... Hopefully it arrives without incident...

Curious your production date. I have a Tenorite Gray 144 cargo German build that I ordered in August too. It was built October 4th. Waiting in the produced not shipped category. Hoping to learn from your timing to forecast my ship date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sanomechanic

I got word yesterday from a MB rep that mine, like many others is in "Rework" status. He said that can mean many different things from missing a bolt, to upgrading software, missing option, or broken part. He said that prior these vans would sit on a lot with writing scribbled on the windshields that stated the issues until something could be done with it. According to him, as of Sept 1st, MB is making these vans a priority to get out and they have been moving a couple hundred out a day. He also said that if you have an updated estimate release date that you could see it anytime that month. In my case 11/30, I could see it anytime in November.

Of course seeing is believing! I don't know if this tidbit is helpful to anybody, but I'm just passing what I was told along hoping it helps somebody here.
11/30 is fast approaching. Still no word. My dealer has inquired about status van to MB..but nothing.

chriszep

Curious your production date. I have a Tenorite Gray 144 cargo German build that I ordered in August too. It was built October 4th. Waiting in the produced not shipped category. Hoping to learn from your timing to forecast my ship date.

Mine was also built October 4th, When I ordered it in September the dealer told me the next build slot was October, and around the 10th of October was when he told me it was finished being built, ready to ship. He just emailed me and said I should have it " By the end of December" I hope its sooner. I need to sell my 2014 Crew Van to pay for the new one!

nickbokhoven

Mine was also built October 4th, When I ordered it in September the dealer told me the next build slot was October, and around the 10th of October was when he told me it was finished being built, ready to ship. He just emailed me and said I should have it " By the end of December" I hope its sooner. I need to sell my 2014 Crew Van to pay for the new one!

Just confirmed with Jim at Hoehn Carlsbad my Van is in the US too. Our vans probably toad the same boat over. I will keep you posted if I learn of updates.

JIB

My 170 4x4 van is also held up in the PNS black hole and I have the option to buy a similar van (cancellation) that has the 10'' screen and LED package but no swivel seats. Are the aftermarket swivel seats good enough for a switch?
A lot of this going on. My 8000 series VIN van is held up. A similar 14,000 series van is available, but with some different features. I am trying to balance LED Headlights against a heated windshield for a van that will be spending a lot of time at ski resorts. Oh, and a much darker color that has me concerned with heat load, vs. months sooner delivery. I am going to see the "other" one tonight and make the decision.

There are some good swivels, but I am not sure if they are for the 2019's yet. I don't know if they are DOT approved. A search will find everything there is to know.

Jack

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West
Van update...170 crew 4x4 aug 1 build date, rescheduled date of 1st decade oct...built sometime last week and released to carrier this week. Placed order Jan ‘19
Van arrived 3 days ago to Central Valley Ca

sanomechanic

Mine arrived at the dealer on 10/31 via truck and I'm scheduled to pick it up on Monday. :rad: Hopefully yours is coming in right behind it.
No van in the delivery que for me yet. Still PNS 11/30..
In the mean time I have a 2020 ordered now coming from Germany. 1st week of December production. Exactly as I wanted unlike back when my order was placed back in February. Had to accept different color. No Roof Racks. No LED headlamps back then. The circus sideshow in Charleston has made me lose faith in their ability to provide a quality, reliable product.

NoSoupForU

Picked mine up yesterday and put 600+ miles on it making the drive back from SoCal to NorCal. It’s worth the wait!!!!

GLJones

No van in the delivery que for me yet. Still PNS 11/30..
In the mean time I have a 2020 ordered now coming from Germany. 1st week of December production. Exactly as I wanted unlike back when my order was placed back in February. Had to accept different color. No Roof Racks. No LED headlamps back then. The circus sideshow in Charleston has made me lose faith in their ability to provide a quality, reliable product.
My 2019 Passenger 170 was built in SC. August 1 build and delivered in October. There was a missing headliner clip in the back (button type) and two screw covers on the bottom of the front grill missing. Other than that, the build quality is excellent. No rattles, nothing loose. I think they may have gotten their act together now after a rough start. I would have no issues with a current SC build.

Mr Makai

My 2019 Passenger 170 was built in SC. August 1 build and delivered in October. There was a missing headliner clip in the back (button type) and two screw covers on the bottom of the front grill missing. Other than that, the build quality is excellent. No rattles, nothing loose. I think they may have gotten their act together now after a rough start. I would have no issues with a current SC build.
Mine was similar but overall very happy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

sanomechanic

No, I never heard what kept mine in the "Rework" status. My guess is the factory swivel seat mounts??? And they did come on my van as ordered.
Hmmm. Plenty vans with swivels have been shipped out. Thats was not it. Glad to hear your van came through. Still no word on mine. Guess they are HAVING THE RE-INVENT THE WHEEL

MTNXTC

Hmmm. Plenty vans with swivels have been shipped out. Thats was not it. Glad to hear your van came through. Still no word on mine. Guess they are HAVING THE RE-INVENT THE WHEEL
I feel your pain. Mines been produce not ship since June 4....Still waiting

sanomechanic

I feel your pain. Mines been produce not ship since June 4....Still waiting
Hard to believe a so called prestigious car company like MB would leave people hanging for this long. The people who ordered vans should have priority in having their product delivered.

VanGoSki

Still no word on mine.
I thought placed an order for a 2020 from Germany? So you have two sprinters ordered at this point?

I actually took your suggestion and am in the process of switching my SC 2019 to a German 2020. Early January production. I find out later today if I got all the options I want.

sanomechanic

I thought placed an order for a 2020 from Germany? So you have two sprinters ordered at this point?

I actually took your suggestion and am in the process of switching my SC 2019 to a German 2020. Early January production. I find out later today if I got all the options I want.
I have ordered a 2020. The 2019 is still PNS status though. We will see which one arrives first. I will sell off the 2019 when and if it arrives.

Attachments

VanGoSki

I have ordered a 2020. The 2019 is still PNS status though. We will see which one arrives first. I will sell off the 2019 when and if it arrives.
Gotcha. Your build looks great. Similar to mine but I have a couple of cold weather options added, plus the 360 degree backup cam. I'm not getting any windows so that seems like it would help.

chriszep

Got an update today that my van ordered 8/6/19, produced 10/4/19, is scheduled to land in the port (probably Newark NJ) 11/25/19. My dealer has told me to expect the van Mid to late December. 2019 140wd 4x4 Crew

Top Bottom