2019 swivel seat and base for 2017 van?

EvanS

I was recently talking to a van builder who mentioned that the new 2019 swivel seat option with the base is a plug and play for the NCV3 models. He claimed the base is shorter than the 2017 one so the swivel did not cause the seat to be raised more than it currently is. Another plus would be that that swivel is DOT approved and he seemed to think you didn't have to open the door to swivel the seat.

Lastly, he said that getting these from the dealership was difficult if you didn't have a 2019 vin to give them.

Anyone know of a dealer who is hip to the vanlife thing and would be willing to order this for anyone who calls?

SOLBRTs

The problem is the dealership MB parts system. The system is not rationally based on year/model, it’s based on backtracking starting with the VIN. It’s idiotic.

That being said, just borrow a vin to start. I’d just grab one from an unsold van in the lot with the feature you want.

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
I am using Russian EPC and that is what come searching for Sprinter van seat.
I guess swivel seat is RV conversion option, so it would take finding VIN for such.

Loomin

I was recently talking to a van builder who mentioned that the new 2019 swivel seat option with the base is a plug and play for the NCV3 models. He claimed the base is shorter than the 2017 one so the swivel did not cause the seat to be raised more than it currently is. Another plus would be that that swivel is DOT approved and he seemed to think you didn't have to open the door to swivel the seat.

Lastly, he said that getting these from the dealership was difficult if you didn't have a 2019 vin to give them.

Anyone know of a dealer who is hip to the vanlife thing and would be willing to order this for anyone who calls?
The 2018 and older OEM swivel seat bases cost around $2000 EACH. I was looking for some myself until I learned of the price. I wonder if they have dropped in price for the 2019+ versions.

EvanS

The 2018 and older OEM swivel seat bases cost around $2000 EACH. I was looking for some myself until I learned of the price. I wonder if they have dropped in price for the 2019+ versions.
Wow, Mercedes never fails to make my jaw drop on their pricing. Always feels like AMG pricing for cargo van issues.

sparkplug

It's likely that they use the seat bases from the Vito which are lower than the NCV3s but are a straight swap.

I can't see why they would design and manufacture a new one when they already have something which works - but I've learned never to make assumptions.... !

Top Bottom