2019 Sprinter Crew Build

dbedy

After much lurking and a two year wait I have a 2019 crew to call my own.
For the amount of information I gotten from this forum, I feel the need to contribute so here we go. I have the van (finally), and I have a family of 5 (wife, 4 year old, and twin two year olds), and hope to make many years of memories with them.
After picking the van up from dealer it went straight to tire shop where I had Methods and 265/70r17 BFG AT's put on. They rubbed pretty bad, but nothing that couldn't be addressed. I drove home without the plastic fenders on and they still rubbed.. That is now addressed and drives with no rubbing.

I also ordered the under van battery box that Hein makes. What a great guy, and his product is VERY nice. I had it shot with lineX bed liner. No rust happening here.

Next up was a rixen kit. Like Hein, Jim and his staff have been SUPER helpful and his kit has been very complete. Install has gone smoothly mostly because Im not shopping for some do dad every 20 minutes. Heater hose, a few bulkhead fittings, and aux fuel tap are really all Ive needed so far.

I also picked up a Redarc BMS 30. Very cool product with lots of features. The amount of money spent on wiring, fuses holders, breakers, batteries, etc. has been slightly crazy, but whats another shovel of sand on a dead man..

Finally, the Adventure Wagon kit will finish everything off. The 2.0 kit is not ready for shipment, but they were kind enough to send the wiring harness ahead of time so I can keep making progress.

Attachments

Nice work! I am anxiously awaiting the vancompass fender trim kit to accomplish what you did. I can't wait to see my van look like yours on some burly tires. How is your Rixen kit coming along, I really wanted to order one with him being a local Oregonian and all but the price tag had me shop around. Anyway, great looking van keep posting the build out!

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West
Right on! Looking forward to see how you fit all five of you in there. What color is that?

nickbokhoven

Andy Mac

Any more details on your bed panels? IKEA cross pieces? Any other tips or wisdom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbedy

Quick little update of some items coming together...
Waiting on ONE cable to come and BMS 30 install will be complete.
Expansion tank waiting to be installed tomorrow, pics to come. I'm pretty happy with this one. Made some use of a void under the left bumper cover.

I have spent so much time fabing brackets for things its CRAZY.. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for placing all the components.

Attachments

Last edited:

dbedy

Nice Van! Love the wheels. I have have the same Methods in Bronze.

Here is my solution for a family of five in a 144. My kids are 15, 14, and 12. It can be done successfully.
This is very nice dude!
I need room for my dirt bikes on the floor, so that bench set up would not work for me. I have a plan however.. Lets hope if works out how I am imagining it in my head and napkin sketches!!

wquek

Work in progress
Quick little update of some items coming together...

Waiting on ONE cable to come and BMS 30 install will be complete.

Expansion tank waiting to be installed tomorrow, pics to come. I'm pretty happy with this one. Made some use of a void under the left bumper cover.

I have spent so much time fabing brackets for things its CRAZY.. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel for placing all the components.

Is that the RB Components battery tray? If so, what did you think of it? And can you share some more photos?

dbedy

Yes that is the RB Components tray. I bought because I did not want to start from scratch on yet another bracket. It’s a nice piece. Turns out after some head scratching I found another place to put my heater expansion tank so what was originally a place to mount a heat exchanger and tank will now hold two more batteries.

wquek

Work in progress
Yes that is the RB Components tray. I bought because I did not want to start from scratch on yet another bracket. It’s a nice piece. Turns out after some head scratching I found another place to put my heater expansion tank so what was originally a place to mount a heat exchanger and tank will now hold two more batteries.

@dbedy thanks for the info. Don’t you already have two batteries under the vehicle? And are you adding another 2 more batteries under the hood? Following your build closely because my crew van is coming and I will also be going with the adwag 2.0 kit and RB components tray.

dbedy

RedArc bms 30 install completed tonight. It’s a tight fit but it fits nicely once it has been finagled into its home.
Wiring was pretty simple, and the specs are within the body upfitter guidelines. I did spring for the parts to connect the battery charger and alternator feed exactly per MB upfitter guide. Since I’m not a professional shop I don’t want to have the finger pointed at me later if there is an issue.

Attachments

fourbeer

RedArc bms 30 install completed tonight. It’s a tight fit but it fits nicely once it has been finagled into its home.
Wiring was pretty simple, and the specs are within the body upfitter guidelines. I did spring for the parts to connect the battery charger and alternator feed exactly per MB upfitter guide. Since I’m not a professional shop I don’t want to have the finger pointed at me later if there is an issue.
Did you ever find the part numbers for the aux battery relay and buss bar for the 2019?

dbedy

I did

Bus bar in f150/4 fuse box. A9075454100
F150/5 fuse box. A9075402605
F150/5 fuse box cover. A9075454600

Other parts needed at 2awg cable and accompanying lugs, and nuts to hold those lugs down.

You will also need fuse link N000000-006620

fourbeer

Thanks!

Where did you find the parts for sale? I did a quick search but didn’t find anything online that didn’t look sketchy.

-4B

dbedy

I know people are dealership averse, but I usually just go to the parts counter at my local dealership.
The guys get to know you and want to help you find the tough parts. This was a great example of that as the f150/5 fuse box part number had been superseded 3 times.

Top Bottom