170ext land yacht

HighPockets

I see you have toe space under the cabinets. I tried to configure that with 8020 but decided the extra cost wasn't worth it. Kudos for yours.

Gene

vannoob

I see you have toe space under the cabinets. I tried to configure that with 8020 but decided the extra cost wasn't worth it. Kudos for yours.

Gene

Thanks Gene,

I fought with the idea for a while then just ended up coming up with a design that I thought would work. Certainly not the best but we'll see how it pans out once it's all buttoned up.

Allen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vannoob

The infamous "it's done" aka I'll find something I forgot or need to change in a week or so

The bar leaned up against the fresh tank will bolt to the two post with plusnuts in the top. It will then have a Shelf stretched across to the expansion tank mounting bar with justtt enough clearance for the cap! I made that bar removable so if I ever needed to remove the tank for some reason I wouldn't have to drain and take out that elbow. Just kill the ball valve that will be shorty after it, remove bar tilt out and lift up... some day I'll see if it was worth the time and effort

SD26

2012 NCV3 3500
Getting things situated so I can button up the fab on the services cabinet

How many gallon tank is that, and where did you source it?

Thinking about going upright myself.

vannoob

How many gallon tank is that, and where did you source it?

Thinking about going upright myself.

It's a 20gallon tank from plastic mart.com I went with the 'custom' fitting configuration.

Haven't measured but with where the fittings are im guessing I'll get 17-18 gallons in there

vannoob

Final epoxy coat is cured. It has its imperfections but damn happy with the turn out

vannoob

Subfloor is finally a finished product a year later. I'm absolutely miserable at starting and finishing things in an organized order. Never having built something so technical is proving quite the learning experience

There is 1.5" pink hardboard insulation underneath along with a series of joists. I was willing to loose head space since I'm short

Next up will be the motion window install before winter hits and while it's warm/ dry enough to paint the edge after the cut

vannoob

Thanks to Royce I was able to whip up solar panel mounts quickly after getting my hands on a 310w monster.

I have the stock roof rails and didn't like the idea of grinding flats into elevator bolts so I'm opting to drill and tap 1"ss bar that's 1/4" thick. Holy hell is it rough hand tapping these.

Hope to get done with them tomorrow so I can get a final location for the panel and cut the last of the exterior holes.

vannoob

It's up and mounted, still need to tweak some things and polish up the rail mounts and panel brackets, ya never know who might go up and look at them.

Entry glad is installed just in time for it to start raining.

vannoob

Little progress lately, moved houses, boy did it help having the van empty.

Got the floor in once I settled in for a day..

Per usual took longer than expected but very happy with the outcome

vannoob

Panel is mounted and wires ran, thanks to Royce for his z bar bracket design. Copies it with good success. Hit them with a Palm sander to give a brushed look instead of the regular sheen.

Bob Laps

Looks good dude...just a thought on that wire running across ur roof...I'd be worried it might vibrate enough that it wears ur paint away

Bob

vannoob

Looks good dude...just a thought on that wire running across ur roof...I'd be worried it might vibrate enough that it wears ur paint away

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the second set of eyes. Funny how I didn't see or even consider that I'll have to figure out a remedy, luckily it stays parked for the most part as I'm working on it. Considering either more mounting tabs so it's all elevated or mabey rerouted to the back edge of the panel. Thanks!

vannoob

Per usual it took much longer than planned but the ceiling is in.

The big gap on the driver side will be capped off with either a double beveled piece of pine as a wire chase for the rear harness and other wires or some aluminum like Royce. Luckily it will mostly be covered by the closet as pictured and upper kitchen cabinets not pictured but run forward from closet to driver seat

Onto framing out the window so I can put the last piece of ply up

royce

I traveled down to the city to celebrate thanksgiving with my kids and grandkids and was able to have a good visit with vannoob, while down in his neck of the woods.
We had a good time looking at our van projects in person and his is coming along nicely.
Thank you Allen
Oh,and by the way, I procured the southco hinges and latches through Bisco industries, they were quite a bit cheaper than the others.

Royce

vannoob

Royce, many thanks! I'll be getting some for sure for other odd and ends but recently ended up making some headway on the kitchen with off the self hardware.

Top Bottom