Has anyone fitted 265/75/16 tyres with success

deauzie

Hi

Well my imported drive from wheelchair van is in the country and registered, the engineers report cost a fortune as we had to show evidence it meets full compliance in NSW, now tyres

I purchased a set of 5 genuine black 16" Mercedes sprinter alloy wheels from the UK when I purchased my van and imported them together and now I want to buy tyres, I read all the links here that say 265/75/16 tyres will fit my 2 wheel drive 2015 210cdi Sprinter but I'm still slightly worried if I'll have any rubbing issues because the guy at Beaurepaires wasn't convinced they will fit without rubbing,

Has anyone fitted this size tyre before, I couldn't find any pictures online, I want to fit Kumho Tyre 265/75R16 LT Inch 123/120Q Road Venture MT51, I want it to look good as this is the first vehicle I've owned that I will actually drive myself since the 1995 attack that left me paralysed

My second option is Kumho Tyre 235/85R16 LT since I became a Quadriplegic I've lost the confidence I once had, all advice would be greatly appreciated

Paul

N Z Motorsport

Hi mate -- I'm here in New Zealand , so not fully aware of the Aus laws , but what are you trying to achieve ?

265mm wide is pretty wide , and normally associated with sports tyres , although they would be 35 , 40 , or 45 profile normally . The genuine Sprinter wheels ( without googling , purely guessing ) are probably between 6 and 7 inch ( 150-175mm ) wide , so 265mm wide tyres , even with a tall sidewall , I suspect won't fit . Even if your alloys were 8" ( 200mm ) wide -- and that's more AMG territory -- I suspect they's only just fit .

235/85 is an extremely high sidewall , and it would ride and handle more like a bus than a van .

This may not be legal in Aus , but here in NZ , for a performance look I'd go to at least 18 x 8 inch alloys and 245/45 or similar tyres . If its more rough roads , then maybe 17" alloys ( or 18's ) and around 245/50 x 17 or 18" All Terrain tyres .

Please note I am not a tyre expert , so those are all just a general guide from what I have seen and used .

Mickyfin

265's you will experience rubbing, you need 245's BFG's. 245/75/R16. I found out the hard way, purchased the size you are asking about only to have to return all five back to Germany and reorder the correct size that won't rub.

Unsure what your Offset is in AUS, but if its the same as EU ET62, then you will find those new black alloys from UK will be ET62 offset, and you will only be able to fit the 245's to have clearance.

In the US, the similar alloys have a different Offset, and those can fit 265's without rubbing.

I purchased one new wheel from the same ebay seller do doubt? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-...411655?hash=item440ce99887:g:l7AAAOSw5cNYYoPa , then got my four original Alloys powder coated, got them back today.

Untitled by S STEEL, on Flickr

Last edited:

Top Bottom