Adventures in thread tapping

lindenengineering

Guys
I found this which "might" be of interest.
Covered in Motor Vehicle Mechanics & Machining Course Parts 1 & 2, 1st year, when I was a snot nosed apprentice; the description of American thread cutting taps terminology was explained straight , taper & plug etc with their uses.

Follow the instructor from Haas Machine Tools as he explains each tap and its uses.
For those of you repairing hold down and cylinder head manifold stud threads,. this might come in useful and what i consider just another day on the job fixing a broken component for future use.

Of course what wasn't round 50 odd years ago was that impressive Haas Machine Tool & Cabinet in the background!

Now what i would do to have that in the shop alongside the packs of NOS taps & drills I still have from now defunct Chicago La Trobe which I bought as liquidation sales decades ago.
American machine tools were some of the best in the world, I got taught on Cincinnati Ohip & Hubbard machine tools as well as UK's Colchester, Haas stuff continues that tradition of fine machine tools. :thumbup:
Enjoy the video.
Dennis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkrUzGooA9k

Last edited:

Top Bottom