Charleston plant only doing 3 colors

mercedes-josh

Sprinter Rep / Utah
just got confirmation that the SC plant will only be producing 3 colors, black white and silver thru the end of the year.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
There's another thread rattling around asking "has anyone been able to order Brilliant Blue?"
They'd probably love to hear this...

--dick

D

Deleted member 50714

It's going to take awhile for management to remedy production line issues.

sailquik

mercedes-josh,
And you know about the "only 3 colors" how?
You have something in writing (or refusals on build orders) that demonstrates this
to be the actual case?
Bet my dealer has more Sprinters and sells a lot more Sprinters, and when I asked
he suggested the "only 3 colors" is an internet myth.
Still waiting on my 2019 that was ordered last December 24th, 2018.
Fortunately it's going to be white so no issue for me!
Roger

mercedes-josh

Sprinter Rep / Utah
mercedes-josh,
And you know about the "only 3 colors" how?
You have something in writing (or refusals on build orders) that demonstrates this
to be the actual case?
Bet my dealer has more Sprinters and sells a lot more Sprinters, and when I asked
he suggested the "only 3 colors" is an internet myth.
Roger
No, I don't, but you do now, right from me. your guy is not as knowledgable as you think if he is disagreeing with me. I am here to supply correct and accurate information not relay "internet myths" I wouldn't have just changed 26 orders from various colors to white/black/silver if it was an "internet myth" I really don't have time for that.

mercedes-josh

Sprinter Rep / Utah
I think most people in this thread know more then the salesman. Most of them have no clue on options or what does what.
you are incredibly correct, the issue is the salespeople are typically Mercedes salespeople and don't know much about the sprinters and they are very complex. Not a brand you can stumble your way thru with a smile on your face to get a sale.

mercedes-josh

Sprinter Rep / Utah
It's going to take awhile for management to remedy production line issues.
Germany will still be producing the full-color pallet but SC will not. the issue with that is there are options that you cannot get from the german factory vs the SC factory.

To what I've been told the SC situation will be until the end of the year, but then again...who knows they toss everything in the blender every month or 2 it seems.

It’s not the salespeople’s fault. The sprinter is just a different animal then the high end luxury cars that most people walk looking to purchase.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
It’s not the salespeople’s fault. The sprinter is just a different animal then the high end luxury cars that most people walk looking to purchase.
Around my neck of the woods.... Sprinters are only sold by Sprinter trained salespersons, most have experience upwards of 5 years.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
...they toss everything in the blender every month or 2 it seems.
Which may explain the particular color shades...

My father was in the bulk ice cream business ... whenever they had a problem with flavor or color production, they'd just send the batch back through and make it "chocolate".

The customers never complained....

--dick
p.s. Seattle offers "recycled paint" ... the few available colors are indescribable.
"Dirty Silly Putty Pink" comes to mind for one of them.

Last edited:

Davydd

I just got an email from my RV upfitter, Advanced RV, and they said I had to change my color because my choice was no longer offered. I went on the MB Build a van and sure enough the colors had been reduced in choice but not just white, black and silver. The choice ARV offered was Iridium Silver the premium color if I wanted my van this year. Isn't that the only pure silver when they had the full color range?

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West
I just got an email from my RV upfitter, Advanced RV, and they said I had to change my color because my choice was no longer offered. I went on the MB Build a van and sure enough the colors had been reduced in choice but not just white, black and silver. The choice ARV offered was Iridium Silver the premium color if I wanted my van this year. Isn't that the only pure silver when they had the full color range?
What was your original color?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT

Must be the Trump tariffs/border crossing restrictions for the 'coloured'. :smilewink:

Top Bottom