Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Regional Discussions > Australia, New Zealand, and Asia Pacific

Old 08-11-2019, 06:25 AM   #1
BG100_SPRINTER

Default 2012 SPRINTER 313 SERVICE SCHEDULE

Helllo, I am new to the forum and tried searching this but couldn't find much.

I have just purchased a 2012 313 Sprinter, it's a 2.1DT NCV3 model.

Has 270,000 on the clock now.

I plan on doing all the minor servicing the vehicle myself and have a few questions.

>Factory service schedule etc for major servicing intervals? (anything above oils and lubes)

>Engine oil recommended type and amount? (I think its 12.3 litres? Is this correct)

>Gearbox oil recommended type? (manual)

>Rear Diff oil recommended type?

I am assuming the gearbox and diff oil would be standard but I have never owned a Benz before, only 4.2TD Nissan Patrols so just checking before I dump it all.

Any other tips for maintaining one yourself would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Ben :)
BG100_SPRINTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
owner

Default Re: 2012 SPRINTER 313 SERVICE SCHEDULE

Your owners manual should list all of the fluids with a "MB spec sheet number". For example your engine oil will specify sheet 229.51 or 229.31. This is referring to the list of actual MB tested and approved brands of oil that meet that specification. Your diff and gearbox and coolant and everything will specify a "sheet" number.

You can find all of the sheets on the MB Bevo website.

For example the 229.51 sheet is here:
https://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevol...229.51_en.html

Any oil listed on this sheet is basically equivalent in that they have all been officially tested and approved against the MB229.51 spec. In this sheet you can see "PENRITE ENVIRO+ 5W-40" is approved. This oil is available at your local supercheap auto.

Other sheets can be accessed from that link by choosing them in the pulldown menu under "Select Sheet" at the top of the page.

You can also see fill volumes etc by using an online tool like the Penrite oil selector tool.
https://www.penriteoil.com.au/product-selector

Last edited by owner; 08-12-2019 at 09:39 AM.
owner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to owner For This Useful Post:
LionelM (08-12-2019)
Old 08-13-2019, 09:43 PM   #3
BG100_SPRINTER

Default Re: 2012 SPRINTER 313 SERVICE SCHEDULE

Quote:
Originally Posted by owner View Post
Your owners manual should list all of the fluids with a "MB spec sheet number". For example your engine oil will specify sheet 229.51 or 229.31. This is referring to the list of actual MB tested and approved brands of oil that meet that specification. Your diff and gearbox and coolant and everything will specify a "sheet" number.

You can find all of the sheets on the MB Bevo website.

For example the 229.51 sheet is here:
https://bevo.mercedes-benz.com/bevol...229.51_en.html

Any oil listed on this sheet is basically equivalent in that they have all been officially tested and approved against the MB229.51 spec. In this sheet you can see "PENRITE ENVIRO+ 5W-40" is approved. This oil is available at your local supercheap auto.

Other sheets can be accessed from that link by choosing them in the pulldown menu under "Select Sheet" at the top of the page.

You can also see fill volumes etc by using an online tool like the Penrite oil selector tool.
https://www.penriteoil.com.au/product-selector

Thankyou! That Penrite tool has all the answers, cheers mate!
BG100_SPRINTER is offline   Reply With Quote