$100 for Westie values or comps from last 12-24 months

coloradobjj

My Westie is being called a total loss from the insurance company from hail. Its not that bad but too costly to return to original condition in a cost effective manner. I'm trying to find some comps as the insurance company is saying a Westie with 30k miles is only worth $38k. I believe its worth closer to 45-60k. I need some evidence to back up my claim. If anyone has purchased a westie or sold one in the last 12 months and can show me or provide DCI solutions, (the appraisal company) with copy of bill of sale to show value I would greatly appreciate it. In fact if it helps move their needle to a more reasonable number I will pay you $100 for your time.

Any help appreciated.

Also if anyone knows best replacements for the awning style driver side window and the bathroom sky light... could make a brothers day. Thanks, hope all you westy owners keep living the dream.
Amal Easton
303-818-6505
coloradobjj@gmail.com

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
4. Resolution

There are several new owners who have purchased a Westy recently. Your offer of $100 may be enough to entice some written documentation.

Please post whatever price info you find for benefit of the Westy community. Thanks.

5. Salvage

You may want to consider buying your Westy back from the insurance company for salvage, and then sell it yourself (obviously depends on what the insurance company will take for salvage).

Another Westy was totalled from a clearance collision, and the new owner purchased and repaired the fiberglass top.

coloradobjj

I"m all set, I wanna send a huge thanks to the community here for helping out not only with this potential good bye to my van but for always being so helpful with repair suggestions and finally great comps that got the insurance company to move their needle to between $55g and $59 g as a more realistic value. sounds like They will give me $30g if I want to keep it. Its slightly tempting but I"m also not a fix it myself guy so not sure if its my project or not. I had some amazing summers with my kids in this van so it is with mixed emotion that I might be saying good bye. I"ll be back the 6th or 7th and if someone who knew what they were getting into wanted to buy it for $30-35g they could probably have it. I sent a few the photos on email. uploading them here seemed too time consuming for me right now. Its not going to have a salvaged title but Secura will not give it full coverage insurance. THere are a few who have shown interest in purchasing. I may be able to send out photos to anyone who emails me in an hour or so but I'll be off the grid on a river trip after that tilll the 7th. Thanks again for all the support!!!! Peace and great travels.

Top Bottom