Failure of Turbo Resonators in Sprinter Westfalias - A Poll

I . . .

• Total voters

... and let my daughter drive it, and she was in LHM in no time.

Leave it to the "Kids" to get the blame. :thumbup:

My son races my J/22 sailboat with his wife and our grandkids regularly on Tuesday evenings. Every Wednesday when he races with us ("the grownups") we sarcastically blame anything wrong with the boat on those "Tuesday people" aka "the other shift". It's a beautiful thing.

Not that I'm always a slave to advertisers, but Europarts supports the forum and offers the same price. Shipping may be different though. :idunno: vic

http://europarts-sd.com/turboresonatoreliminator-2004-2006.asp

flman

Leave it to the "Kids" to get the blame. :thumbup:

My son races my J/22 sailboat with his wife and our grandkids regularly on Tuesday evenings. Every Wednesday when he races with us ("the grownups") we sarcastically blame anything wrong with the boat on those "Tuesday people" aka "the other shift". It's a beautiful thing.

Not that I'm always a slave to advertisers, but Europarts supports the forum and offers the same price. Shipping may be different though. :idunno: vic

http://europarts-sd.com/turboresonatoreliminator-2004-2006.asp
Oops, had I known they sold it I would have went there, and I would have gotten it much sooner. :cry:

rimjaine

rimjaine
Dont have a Westfalia, but I did have a resonator failure on my 05 2500. Replaced under warranty a few years ago, so far so good.
I don't have a Westfalia either, but I did have the turbo resonator on my '05 Sprinter Leisure Travel RV. I replace the plastic OEM with an aftermarket aluminum pipe made specifically to end all problems with plastic blowout, haven't had any problems with the aluminum, I've got over 35,000 miles on the aluminum. I had 2 plastic resonatores, one failed, I repaired it, it failed, I bought a new OEM plastic, didn't trust it, but kept it as a spare in case something happened to the aluminum, I no longer carry the plastic OEM as a spare, no need.
Jim

Last edited:

mbcruiser

05 Sprinter/06 MB Cruiser
While not a Winnebago (mine is same chassis '05 Forest River MB Cruiser), I finally had OEM turbo resonator fail on a long grade in PA with 111,000 miles.
Limped home (900 miles) and replaced it with aluminum version from Europarts SD. (in two different Sprinter service locations enroute home, neither had resonators in stock - "special orders" with minimum 3-day wait they said!).
Europarts came through, and I guess I'm fortunate to have gone so long and far without experiencing the failure as others have.
While it's too soon to tell about the aluminum billet, no difference in noise or performance has been noted. Per other posts, I expect smooth sailing the next 389k miles!

When the Turbo Resonator fails does it leak oil and look like the one in the picture below ? I don't think a resonator has oil in it, but I'm not sure. The oil looked to be coming from where the upper hose connects to the top of the resonator, but it could have been leaking from something else higher up on the engine and dripping down on to the resonator.

I was crawling under my rig today and noticed the oil on my resonator. I replaced the resonator on my last Sprinter when new with the billet aluminum one, but haven't replaced it yet on this new to me rig, because I carry the original barely used resonator from my last Sprinter on board the Westy.

Last edited:

Last edited:

Top Bottom