Simpson desert.

Eric Experience

I have been quiet on this because because I suspected the arrival of a grandchild about that time. I now know the birth will most likely occur in June so I will not be able to attend, My plan was to spend a month renovating my house in Alice Springs before the Simpson trip, That work will now have to be done in May. Can someone else take over the planning and I will try to fit in if it is possible. Eric.

Eric Experience

Well, How things have changed. I was feeling disappointed with not being able to go ahead with the Simpson trip but it would have not been possible now because of the border closure. Those of us who are lucky enough to have A vehicle set up for independent living can self isolate any where we want. Eric

Perce

G’day Eric + all. Once this all settles down hopefully we can revisit the trip, with all this isolation our Sprinters will be in tip top shape ? Stay safe C.P ??

Pineapple Dan

2005 4x4 T1N 313CDI 🇦🇺
Hi guys, New member here! Would love to be apart of this trip, look forward to hearing more about it when the restrictions ease off :)

blfmtriv

living in the Top End NT
eric did you ever get thi off the gound? also in june /july they have the finke desert races here as well, word just to hand, nt gov looking at possible restriction lift TODAY, possible?

Pineapple Dan

2005 4x4 T1N 313CDI 🇦🇺
G’day Dan, I also have the same model Sprinter, where about‘s in Qld are you?
Awesome man! Nice to meet someone with the same rig. I'm in Mackay atm, how about you? Have you done much to yours in regards to the 4x4 setup like snorkel or bullbar?

IanSch

I have a 519 4X4 and have snorkel, bull bar, bash guards and even a 150 later fuel tank fitted. At first I decided no snorkel or large fuel tank but my mate who owns Volksparts said I should definitely consider them. My reasoning was I would probably never drive through deep water so why a snorkel. His response was on a dirt road outback you have cleaner air through a snorkel than that taken lower down so your engine just may live longer. I couldn't fathom his second advice until he said if you are ever on a trip say across the Nullabour then you don't have to fill at the very expensive road house. You have the range to go to the next town. You don't have to fill it up very time but the spare capacity is there when you need it. Note I also opted for diesel cooktop and heaters for water and interior. So far it all works well. The bull bar did shield me from a tap on a termite mound up in north QLD a few years ago. I was just parking up to camp overnight and didn't see the very solid termite mound.

chris02

1st June guys... what say we start to get numbers for Mid August, and a rough plan of how, what and who. Eric is probably flat out so us who are interested might help with some loose plan. Who's in

Perce

1st June guys... what say we start to get numbers for Mid August, and a rough plan of how, what and who. Eric is probably flat out so us who are interested might help with some loose plan. Who's in
We are in??, thanks Chris, once we get definite numbers we will all need to discuss what to bring along with consideration to weight ect.

Eric Experience

Chris,
That information from mount dare is probably the best you can get, We have to monitor the state boundary closures. With Sprinters the weight is critical so the lighter the better, as I said in the first postings any one over GVM should stay home. Eric.

LionelM

Eric is overjoyed at the addition to the familyIMG_4824.jpeg of a new baby boy and asked me to put his picture on here for you all to see.

Top Bottom