Waste water drain handle broke

Westyswede

Hello!

I managed to break a part of the linkage that goes from the black (grey?) water drain handle at the rear left of my James Cook up to the tank outlet. Its the part that attach to the plumbing itself up against the floor under the van. I have a European spec Westfalia James Cook 2004 model year. Is there anyone out there that knows where to get spare parts for this?
I tried to upload a pic of the broken part, but it didnt work. Anyway its a u-joint with "HUCO" stamped on it.

Best regards.
Per from Sweden

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
Our NAFTA Westfalia (USA) has a different plumbing system than the European versions. We have a black tank for toilet wastes (valve handle is accessible only after opening rear doors) and a gray water tank for sinks and shower (handle under left streetside driver side rear bumper). Our gray water tank is different in form and in the fittings. We have household type plastic drains with P traps versus flexiible hose drains.

Our valves are Valterra (1 1/2").for gray water tank. Highly unlikely you have the same valve.

Best bet is to try the James Cook Friends Forum.

http://forum.james-cook-freunde.de/

Also, Mercedes lists various Wesfalia parts for the European version in their parts manual although they may or may not be available. Here is a link to the subsection for the tank and valve.

http://mb-teilekatalog.info/view_Su...&catalog=62F&model=903662&group=98&subgrp=380

(Our USA tank is similar but NOT the same as the European diagram. Our drain system after the tank is also different)

Here is link to Mercedes Sprinter Parts Manual, go to very end for Westfalia.

http://mb-teilekatalog.info/view_Gr...=FG&catalog=62F&model=903662&spmno=0&group=98

Please follow up and let us know if you were able to buy parts from Mercedes, etc. Thanks.

Last edited:

Westyswede

Thanks OldWest! I will show my local Mercedes shop the parts catalog that you gave me. See if they can order stuff from there. Next route is to ask James Cook freunde, although my German is really bad.
I will keep you posted!
Per

jujupang

Thanks OldWest! I will show my local Mercedes shop the parts catalog that you gave me. See if they can order stuff from there. Next route is to ask James Cook freunde, although my German is really bad.
I will keep you posted!
Per
The head of James Cook Freunde has excellent command of English, Peter Krone.

Juju

piyush123

Hi - I have been having problems pulling the Gray Water Latch out. It seems stuck and no amount of force seems to get it to pull out. Has anyone run into this problem ?

I don't want to break it. It does seem to spin and wonder if somehow the mechanism has gotten bound by spinning ? Thanks in advance for any help here.

CaptnALinTiverton

xT1N Westfalia
Search for other posts about this. The point of failure I found was the dump valve aluminum shaft to rubber grommet seizes due to deterioration. This can be lubricated with quality plumbing grease (assuming you can work it in).

AL

gowestygirl

Claudia V
We lubricated ours because over time it got harder and harder to pull. That helped somewhat. But because of a leak in the o-ring we replaced the whole part. Now it is really easy to pull.

Top Bottom