Solar air deflector vibration on Adventurous

pwlldvd

I have a 2015 CS Adventurous with solar panels. There is a nice looking air deflector in front of the panels that vibrates horribly on the highway. Has anyone else had this problem?

At the point where the deflector meets the body of the van is a seam that allows wind in the crack and sets up the vibration at anything over 60 mph or so. I'm sure this is the problem because my temporary fix is a strip of duct tape over the seam, which works every time. Besides looking awful, the tape eventually rots or blows off and has to be replaced.

Here is the problem area, circled in red:

I've had it to the dealer several times and they have been unable to find a sealant that will adhere to the fiberglass deflector and the roof. Is there a permanent fix?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

pwlldvd

There are a lot if sikaflex products to choose from. 221 is recommended for RV applications. It’s $10-15 from Amazon. I don’t know if it’s available locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AnitaWM

I had a 2014 Etrek which I traded in for a 2018 Etrek. As I was driving along I95 on a rainy windy day, my deflector shield just went flying off. It did not give any warning like a vibration it just blew right off. I contacted Roadtrek and the person I talked with said he was going to inform the engineering department. My 2018 Etrek wind deflector appears to be attached better.

manfromwahoo

We had our 2015 CS detailed while in Prescott, AZ last spring. The guy noticed that it was loose and called it to my attention. He had some Gorilla glue with him. He did a nice clean job and it's holding up ok. I did bring it to the attention of Road Trek.

Top Bottom