Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter-Based RV Brands > Leisure Travel Vans > Unity

Old 09-11-2019, 01:12 AM   #11
DiverBob
2018 Unity TB

Default Re: Waterless Traps Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTraveler View Post
I think it is interesting that on the Hepvo website the the horizontal installation is actually sloped downwards, but Leisure's installation of the HEPVO is perfectly horizontal so if you don't ensure you have a slight slope when leveling the coach then your kitchen sink isn't going to drain sufficiently. On my UMB the passenger side needs to be higher in order to give the kitchen sink HEPVO some slope. My new Equalizer Levelers always level the passenger side front corner lower so I am going to have to manually bump up the Levelers to make sure I have slope for the kitchen sink to drain better.
Since you have the Equalizer Levelers, you can set the default level position so that it automatically levels to that position.
SSTraveler (09-11-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 02:00 AM   #12
Old Crows
Calypso 2014 View Profile

Thanked 2,154 Times in 1,351 Posts

Interesting..... so, the valve becomes inverted. That is odd. Not much to fail on these.

Suggest a review of install instructions. Maybe it's a problem with the mfgr not installing correctly. HEPVO is pretty specific about installation. Angles, orientation, distances, direction of flow, etc.. They are pretty resistant to chemistry.

https://hepvo.com/resources/faq/

I found the HEPVO valve in our shower drain was "sticking" and would not drain from time to time. I located it and took it out and it looked pretty clean. However, upon reading the installation instructions, it was clear that the valve was installed upside down. If horizontal, the "ribs" on the device must be oriented down. Mine was not. Refitted correctly and it has not been a problem.

I'd not hazard a guess as to how yours turns inside out. Perhaps damaged on install or by a previous owner?

Old Crows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:09 AM   #13
SSTraveler
2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed

Thanked 1,535 Times in 774 Posts

No mine was installed correctly. It was so mangled inside, more than just pulled inside out on itself, that I can't even hazard a guess what caused that to occur. I hope I get at least another 5 years out of the new one. I read the Equalizer Levelers operation manual and see that I can do what is called a "Null Set" reset so that I can have the coach automatically leveled to ensure there is a little slope for the kitchen sink to drain better since the Leisure install of the HEPVO valve is parallel to the floor (horizontal).
The Following User Says Thank You to SSTraveler For This Useful Post:
Kosinar (09-11-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 01:58 AM   #14
CB1945

After reading all the Gory details, I must ask the question, Has Hepvo been contacted for their input? Surely this issue is not unique to LTV.......
Old 09-12-2019, 11:28 AM   #15
SSTraveler
2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed

Thanked 1,535 Times in 774 Posts

The HEPVO valve doesn't have a lifetime guarantee, I had mine for 5 years and so I simply replaced it. I don't see the need to contact the manufacturer. I only posted the condition I found it in to alert others that if they start seeing the kitchen sink slow considerably then its probably time to replace the HEPVO valve. I knew that the HEPVO valve was at issue because the sink would back up almost immediately after running the kitchen sink faucet and since the HEPVO valve is right after the kitchen sink then the restriction/blockage was between the HEPVO valve and sink drain. In doing research the only thing I can find to explain how the silicone sleeve/bladder inside might have gotten turned inside out is through using a plunger to clear the sink drain. I did use a plunger of sorts when I used a silicone funnel to try and push water/air to clear the drain the first time the kitchen sink slowed (about 2 years ago) and then subsequent backups. I could have accidentally pulled on my make shift plunger on one of those times and pulled the HEPVO innards inside out. Anyway I am just passing along my experience, I waited to long, fighting to keep the drain working, to change the HEPVO valve out and now I know after the first couple of times of the kitchen sink backing up I need to change out the HEPVO valve.

Last edited by SSTraveler; 09-12-2019 at 11:50 AM.
SSTraveler is online now   Reply With Quote