Sprinter-Forum    

Go Back   Sprinter-Forum > Sprinter-Based RV's & Conversions > Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk

Sprinter RV's & Conversions Talk Common features found in Sprinter RV's and Conversions.

Old 09-11-2019, 11:29 AM   #11
ThomD

Default Re: Sprinter Bike Rack for 5 Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
It seems like since 5 bikes means 5 people, plus other stuff, maybe its time for a trailer.
Oh Harry. around here 4 bikes means 2 people and 5 bikes means we brought a spare.
ThomD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:26 AM   #12
alexk243
KulAdventure

Default Re: Sprinter Bike Rack for 5 Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 430 hp 70 View Post
Any other options or reviews? Looking at getting a hangover 6 but haven't seen many reviews on it. We don't even have our sprinter yet, but I can still use it with both of our other vehicles.
I have been pretty happy with the Yakima hangover 6 (amazon link, but I got mine on sale at REI). I had struggled with how to carry that many bikes and this worked great for me. Honestly though NSR or Recon also seem really good. Just didn't like the way the Recon held the wheels. I would have gone with the NSR too, but the Yakima was cheaper and I was able to get it in time for my trip.

I am able to access the rear doors when the rack is folded down using the foot pedal. Keep in mind it is very heavy, even with no bikes on it. So trying to fold it down with 6 bikes on it and the weight of the rack can be a lot, but I would assume that it would be no different from the NSR or Recon. Not sure if the NSR can fold away to allow access to the rear doors, which is huge for me.

Here is a link to the review I did on the Yakima Hangover 6 that I bought.

My Website/Blog with Projects and Write Ups on my Van
alexk243 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alexk243 For This Useful Post:
morganfletcher (09-24-2019)