Supersprings SSA-11 help

Suburbanrancher

Hello, if anyone has installed the Supersprings SSA-11 leaf spring on their 2014+ Navion / View with the stock three leaf spring suspension could you post a couple of pics of them installed?

Purchased these springs (and upgraded the shocks to Bilstein HD). Shock install went very smoothly, however the Supersprings just don't seem to fit correctly on the 3500 chassis and the clamps don't install as the instruction photos show. I contacted Supersprings about this and they're insisting the parts I have should work.

Thanks in advance for any help from anyone with experience in this install :thumbup:

Philip53

2021 2500 Sprinter 170, 4 cyl gas
I installed the helper springs on my '17 Navion, and it was quite a chore. Did not have any specialized equipment so I had to improvise using several different clamps in order to safely bring the 'front and rear' leaf ends close enough to clamp them to the stock spring pack. Be very careful!! They are under tremendous tension. If you would like to give me a call I may be able to give you a couple of hints--Philip 318-366-6872.

Suburbanrancher

I installed the helper springs on my '17 Navion, and it was quite a chore. Did not have any specialized equipment so I had to improvise using several different clamps in order to safely bring the 'front and rear' leaf ends close enough to clamp them to the stock spring pack. Be very careful!! They are under tremendous tension. If you would like to give me a call I may be able to give you a couple of hints--Philip 318-366-6872.
Thanks for the offer for help Philip. After some time on the phone with Supersprings they directed me to their spring compressor tool for the install. Found it on Amazon for about 30% less then they were selling it for and it ended up working, however I have to say the passenger side spring was a bear to get into the space with the spare tire carrier/etc in the way. Just got done with the install tonight, taking it for a test ride in the morning.

Philip53

2021 2500 Sprinter 170, 4 cyl gas
Just a note: you may want to inspect your plastic rollers after you have several hundred miles on your new spring set. After 600 miles, mine were showing significant flat-spotting. None of the four were rolling, they were just sliding and one had almost worn through. I called SuperSprings about it and they seemed somewhat mystified why that was happening and offered to replace them. I did not want to go through the effort to replace them with the same material, so I fabricated some aluminum ones with o-ring sealed inner bushings that I could grease--all work fine now. Not sure why mine did this--hopefully just a bad batch of rollers, but I suspect that there was so much tension that the roller was compressed and no longer remained round and that it was easier for them to slide rather than roll. And yes all had proper end clearance and radial clearance. Hopefully yours will not have this problem, but as this item is pretty much out of sight, out of mind, I thought I would give you a heads up.

rozeltupaz

Thanks for the offer for help Philip. After some time on the phone with Supersprings they directed me to their spring compressor tool for the install. Found it on Amazon for about 30% less then they were selling it for and it ended up working, however I have to say the passenger side spring was a bear to get into the space with the spare tire carrier/etc in the way. Just got done with the install tonight, taking it for a test ride in the morning.
Hello! just wondering if you made this work? i bought a set but the manual says its for Promaster/ just checking in if this work on yours 3500 chassis.. thanks

Top Bottom