Steel Brake Line General Info

I needed to replace the rear brake steel aka hard lines on my 2004. I tried removing the old lines over the tank and fishing new ones in without any luck. I went around the tank. To be honest I'm not thrilled with around the tank. I'll likely drop the tank enough sometime in the near future to get back to the OEM routing.

This is one thing which I've been doing as SOP which I think helped the disassembly. I've learned to take a large pair of wire cutters or small bolt cutters and chop the steel brake line right at the fitting. That allows me to to use a deepwell six point socket on the fitting while holding the other part with ViseGrips. Saves messing with line wrenches and possibly rounding the fittings.

Another SOP thing for me is covering the ends with a double layer of tinfoil until I actually set the fittings into place. It takes away some of the worry about contamination. It also holds the fitting on the end so it doesn't slide around.

A CAUTION.
The SAE aka USA brake line threaded fittings will fit the Metric Bubble Flare. The threads are close. The real issue is that the SAE flare is concave. Inspect that the replacement brake lines for the Sprinter have a protruding "bubble" and not the dish shape of the SAE flare.

On my 2004 2500 the brake lines route from the ABS unit to an OEM coupling near the area of the cross member under the driver seat. Those two lines are sort of complex, but I was able to copy them using my hand tubing bender. A 60" brake line works to copy the lines, but 60" is a bit too long. The one line measured to 56" so I knew that the stock 60" lines would do. When I copied the lines I started at the lower coupling end and finished bending at the last vertical bend. After the line was in place and loose coupled to the lower union, I used my hands to bend a dipsy doodle loop to deal with the excess and line up for the ABS socket. (As Dennis once described, the loop is a DIY work of art.)

The lines are 3/16" Euro bubble flare style M10 x 1.0 size

Unions I used were AGS BLU-8C. Equivalent are Edelmann 276000 or Weatherhead 7975.

Added:
March 2022. I would avoid the steel Dorman 785-439D steel unions. The threaded portion is very deep compared to the brass unions. The AGS PAE 320 steel line nut was close to bottoming against the Dorman steel union. It did seal the line bubble end, but the line nut was right up against the steel union body.
Added:
While making up some more epoxied brake line nuts I noticed that the OEM nuts were too short to properly tighten the bubble flare into the Dorman unions. I used my lathe to trim off each end of the barrel. I needed to trim back more than I expected. If the nut thread section is long the Dorman unions will be fine. They may not work with the shorter threaded OEM line nuts. The more compact brass bubble unions are a better choice if available. (Check for proper Euro bubble flare. A parts store gave me a brass SAE type even though I specified bubble flare. Fortunately I caught the mistake while in the store. No brass bubble flare on hand so I got the Dorman unions.)

Brass union = 3/16 EUR A

To replace from the union fittings under the driver seat to rear hoses

Following the original over the tank route...

Driver side (10 ft total): I'm quite certain that 2 ea. 60" lines will work.
Passenger side (11 ft total): 1 ea. 60" + 1 ea. 72" should be good.

Going around the tank...
(Length does depend upon route)

Driver side (11 ft total): 1 ea. 60" + 1 ea. 72". Alternate = 2 ea. 60" + 1 ea. 12" (but 1 ea. 20" may be the only option)
Passenger side (14 ft total): 2 ea. 72" + 1 ea. 20". Alternate = 2 ea. 60" + 1 ea. 48" (but one more 60" may be the only option)
Added Sept. 2021: I found the Euro 72" lines difficult to source locally. Eg. - AGS Company BLE-372 or PAE-372 options?.

OEM fittings are 11 mm (7/16") wrench size. The coupling under the seat area needed 11mm and 13 mm wrenches.

My replacement PAE-320 - 20", PAE- 360 - 60" and PAE-372 - 72" steel lines had 12 mm wrench size.
Some NAPA lines had 10 mm nuts.

Alternate part numbers. 3/16 EUR 30, 3/16 EUR 60, etc.

Added Sept. 2021: Typical Euro bubble flare lengths seem to be.
AGS Company BLE style 20", 30", 40", 60" Maybe 72", 84"
AGS Company PAE style 8", 20", 40", 60", maybe 72", 84"
SAE J572 on the label
The above numbers do nothing at NAPA.
NAPA did have 20", 51", 60", 84" on hand.

The replacement unions needed 13 mm wrench size.

Just some general information. vic

Edit: I did try something different this time. I took a couple of my previously removed fittings with cut lines and adapted them to blind fittings or plugs. I removed the front most brake lines and then installed the plugs in the ABS housing to stop the drips. That allowed me to leave the reservoir full while I copied the front lines.

To make the plugs I first cleaned the old fittings with carburetor cleaner. Next I used epoxy and a cut off nail to fill the fitting to seal it. Epoxy has no problem with being in contact with brake fluid. The plugs worked great.

A Temporary "Get Home" Suggestion

...Not that you asked...

Try this at your own risk, but it has worked for me. I just crimp off the bad line and leave the other wheels in service.

I've had good success doing this. Cut the bad brake line off in a good accessible spot. Use Vice Grips to crimp the line down for an inch or so. Bend the crimped line back on itself and inspect that the line didn't crack. If OK, crush the Vice Grips on the bent end. Leave the Vice Grips in place with support baling wire or tape to keep them from falling off.

Drive to service.

vic
Edit:
In the road salt northeast I have learned to smear heavy duty wheel bearing grease on all brake lines and fittings. I especially coat the lines anywhere that they are held by clamps or clips. Those areas collect road dirt and then hold moisture/corrode. A also put a bit of grease on all threads (not near the open ends) eg. - bleeders, unions, connections. That saves future problems.

... when at MB a few weeks back, was told that the new OEM lines come the correct length but with no bends... so other than the length, I don't see any advantage to buying them from the dealer.
Thanks. Good to know. Almost makes it not worth buying OEM.
Plugs for temporary leaking line isolation.

:thumbup:
I've learned to smear wheel bearing grease anyplace on the lines which may collect muck to rust.
I carry my DIY plugs with me now too. :thumbup:
No solder. I used a small finishing nail with epoxy. The head is in the bubble flare end. In the field any removed fitting could easily plugged using 5 minute epoxy and a chopped off finishing nail, or maybe a hairpin of wire. The nail or wire is mostly to keep the epoxy from flowing out of where needed.

I always chop the line before removal so I can use a 6 point wrench or socket. Epoxy inside a cleaned cut off/crimped removed fitting ain't going anywhere. Be certain to clean everything completely before applying the epoxy.

:cheers: vic
BrakeLinePlugDIY.jpg

Added:
Fwiw one of the first things you should do is make sure all your bleeders will open because if you need to start replacing calipers and flex lines now is the time to order them. I imagine the Sprinter calipers are too expensive to just order a new ones when you break the bleeders (with GM rigs it's easier to just buy a new caliper). But definitely settled with your bleeders before starting anything else and if you need to pull calipers start fiddling with your Flex lines cuz all that stuff can just fall apart in your hands. Regarding bleeding most people seem to take the van out on a dirt road and cycle the ABS to get fluid to go through it.
European vehicles use a lot of bubble flares so make sure you have that kit (I have no idea of Sprinters do, but probably) bubble bubble flared are faster than double flare so that's nice
Some general information about the various brake line flare types is in this PDF.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dingo

another source of union & pipe plugs /caps is your local hydraulics factor , i ahve bought / been given these depending on if their size . Little ones often get swept up & thrown away larger ones are sold specifically as blanking caps / inserts .

You can also clean them & use on fuel lines & fittings . A must to keep rubbish out of the fuel system .

A friend who works as a mech keeps a box of blank plugs from any job he does that comes with them fitted ( brakes / power steering pump assy / air con pipes Etc . ) Quite often go around & make space in the box for him to add more :thumbup:

flman

I ran mine around the fuel tank, and that is where they will stay, and be easily replaced in the future, yeah, no dice trying to push them over the tank. I might try and get some Stainless lines next time around, just hard to find them in the metric size?

flman

I'm attempting a temporary brake line fix and tried the crimp n' fold with out success. May just have to patch in a piece with flarenuts to get me home.

Any suggestions/methods will be highly appreciated.

Link to my DOT4 plus thread working on the same problem: https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35280

Thanks, jim

Do you have any mean to solder, weld, or braze them shut, or just go with some sort of a flare cap.

I'm attempting a temporary brake line fix and tried the crimp n' fold with out success.

Thanks, jim
Sorry that it didn't work for you.

Some additional info.

The selected area needs to be in very good condition. I crimp the line with the with the Vice Grips screwing the grip tension down a couple times and going back over it. After flattened I bend the crimped area over. I then crimp that end using the same procedure as above. The final application of the Vice Grips have the jaws positioned right at the very end so that the bent end is right in the jaws.

I then wire the Vice Grips up to something to take the weight off the assembly.

It's always worked for me. Maybe smaller Vice Grips don't give enough pressure? :idunno:

vic

Vic,
I had successfully used your exact crimp method on other vehicles in the past, and even with an assortment of vice-grips with multiple attempts I still had fluid dripping when brake pressure was applied.
Even so I am sure that I would have made it home, drips and all.
But, we had the tools & materials to splice in a repair.

I'm just happy that once again I was at my destination in great weather, had the means for the repair, and assistance both from the Sprinter-Source Forum online and good folks on-site.

My onsite help... Sons of Arthritis - Hydrocodone Chapter.

Sure beats laying in a ditch on the side of an interstate! jim

Last edited:
As luck would have it I had another brake line failure back on the very same mountain as 2014 this past weekend.

This time it was just rear of the fuel tank, must have happened on the way up, but was unnoticed until I was starting the vehicle to back off my leveling ramps.

I had gifted my line repair spare to a neighbor during the winter when my Sprinter is off the road and forgot to replace it.
So, I sent my wife and dog home in a friend's RV, and got to spend another night up on the hill with my pals.
You just can't get annoyed when you are stuck in a favorite and comfortable place with food drink and friends!

A ride down to the local NAPA Monday morning got me what I needed to do up a patch job to get home.

My project in the next week or two will be to be replacing all of the brake lines, as I am sure the next time I have a failure will not be in such a fortunate place.

Last edited:
I am still collecting parts/tools to replace all of my brake lines with Copper/Nickel, and did use Vic's suggestion and made up a "plug" to stopper up the ABS while working on the lines.

I did find these ready made brass bubble plugs that are the correct size on both Amazon and ebay:

Link went stale.
Vic edit March 2022.
Brake Line Plugs, 10mm 1.0 Bubble, Pair, Compatible with Dune Buggy

You can also use these to plug the end of a brake line by also using a bubble union.

If I had any of these back in June when I was stranded up on a hilltop, I could have just removed the leaking line from the ABS unit and plugged the hole.

Last edited by a moderator:

If I had any of these back in June when I was stranded up on a hilltop, I could have just removed the leaking line from the ABS unit and plugged the hole.
:hmmm:

I believe that I will add my DIY plugs to my spare parts aboard my Sprinter.

Thanks for the workable emergency response idea. :thumbup:

BrakeLinePlugDIY.jpg

vic

Last edited:

Front Passenger Side (USA) Brake Line

3/16" x 30" + 3/16" x 60" European Bubble Flare with one union will work if you cut the corner near the OEM union fitting. (You don't bend around to the OEM union mount.) I found that the two OEM lines were fairly easy to copy.

There is a OEM union fitting mounted to a frame mount plastic holder for both the driver and the passenger side brake lines.

2 ea. 3/16" x 51" lines will give enough length for the original route to be followed. That said, the union fitting will not be in the location of the OEM union mount. A dipsy doodle loop may be needed for the excess length. The 51" length may be problematic for getting the end of the copied/formed brake line up to meet the CAB aka ABS hydraulic unit. The space/location is a bit tight. Using a 30" + 12" + 60" would avoid that issue.

One downside of "cutting the corner" is that the brake line may be in the way for some maintenance. The route looks ok to me, but may not be ideal for engine removal or other major work.

Cost for the brake lines and union fitting was about 20 bucks. The 2 piece OEM lines might not be much more. I needed to repair the lines right away so I again went with aftermarket steel lines.

Valvoline DOT 3 and 4 fluid was $7.99 for 32 oz.

My now expert (not just wonderful) wife helped with a conventional pump up/hold air bleed out procedure.

You'll need maybe a dozen cable ties to return the wire harness to original position.

My chop the line close to the fittings with linesman pliers and then use a 6 point socket for removal again worked for disassembly. I can't believe all those frustrating years that I screwed around with line wrenches on rusted fittings. :bash: It also keeps the lines intact for copying the angles.

vic

Last edited:
I made and replaced both of my rear brake lines with nickel-nickel copper and did end up dropping the fuel tank to keep the lines in the stock location.
I still need to replace the 2 front lines, and when at MB a few weeks back, was told that the new OEM lines come the correct length but with no bends... so other than the length, I don't see any advantage to buying them from the dealer. Kind of hoped that they would be pre-formed as the passenger side looks to be a PITA to create.

... when at MB a few weeks back, was told that the new OEM lines come the correct length but with no bends... so other than the length, I don't see any advantage to buying them from the dealer.
Thanks. Good to know. Almost makes it not worth buying OEM.

... Kind of hoped that they would be pre-formed as the passenger side looks to be a PITA to create.
It's not bad. I did most of it by hand. I do use a small bending tool for some places. Similar to this.
https://www.harborfreight.com/1-8-eighth-inch-to-1-4-quarter-inch-tube-bender-94571.html

I started at the wheel end. After getting some of the bends done, I used baling wire to hold the pieces together in proper position before going on to the other bends. Cable ties or twist ties will work similarly. I left the other end straight to be hand formed after it was basically in place and near the union of the other line.

vic

There is discussion in this thread about proper flaring tools and methods.

There is advantage in cupronickel brake lines for corrosion resistance. If longevity is key then the expense of tooling and material is worthwhile. For repair on one, only getting older Sprinter truck, I'm not certain that the expense is worthwhile.

:2cents: vic

The 2006 dash brake light warning came on. Family members were using the truck. The night before one driver called and said that the brake pedal seemed soft. I thought it was related to the Sprinter typical brake pedal feel so I told them it was probably normal. It wasn't. The next day the red color Brake icon lit up in the dash.

By the time the Sprinter got to my garage the brake pedal was almost doing nothing. The master cylinder fluid level was very low. The fluid was topped off. The driver side rear brake line had rusted and leaked.

Pumping the pedal didn't create any pedal resistance, I was concerned that the master cylinder might have been a casualty. Before repairs we tried to old style the pedal to bleed any air out and verify that the master cylinder was working. We were unable to bleed the good lines using the "pump 'em up.... hold down" method. I was even more worried that the master cylinder might be a problem.

I decided to plug the bad line using a fitting on the OEM line coupling that's located under the truck/driver seat area. After the plug was installed I used a vacuum unit at the intact brake line passenger side rear wheel bleeder and then moved to the fronts. Brake pedal was restored, but there were still some air bubbles showing during the vacuum bleed process. I figured the bubbles were from bleeder thread fitting leaks and not from within the brake system, but we did a manual "pump 'em" to verify. No air was found during the manual pedal pump bleeding. A subsequent test drive with 3 wheel braking (one line plugged) showed the hydraulics to be functioning as expected.

The moral of this story?
If after a brake fluid leak the pedal goes to the floor and doesn't build pressure it may take a pressure, vacuum, or gravity bleed to get air out of the system. Pumping the brake pedal to create pressure/flow for bleeding may not be enough.

Given the split system design of the Sprinter brakes I'm not certain why air got around in the system. One suspicion is that maybe sloshing of the low level in the master cylinder reservoir allowed air to be drawn in?

Now that the master cylinder and brake system is verified to be operating properly the next move is to replace both of the rear brake lines. For some reason the rust in the rear area of the 2006 is noticeably worse than the front area.

FWIW. vic

Last edited:

flman

The 2006 dash brake light warning came on. Family members were using the truck. The night before one driver called and said that the brake pedal seemed soft. I thought it was related to the Sprinter typical brake pedal feel so I told them it was probably normal. It wasn't. The next day the red color Brake icon lit up in the dash.

By the time the Sprinter got to my garage the brake pedal was almost doing nothing. The master cylinder fluid level was very low. The fluid was topped off. The driver side rear brake line had rusted and leaked.

Pumping the pedal didn't create any pedal resistance, I was concerned that the master cylinder might have been a casualty. Before repairs we tried to old style the pedal to bleed any air out and verify that the master cylinder was working. We were unable to bleed the good lines using the "pump 'em up.... hold down" method. I was even more worried that the master cylinder might be a problem.

I decided to plug the bad line using a fitting on the OEM line coupling that's located under the truck/driver seat area. After the plug was installed I used a vacuum unit at the intact brake line passenger side rear wheel bleeder and then moved to the fronts. Brake pedal was restored, but there were still some air bubbles showing during the vacuum bleed process. I figured the bubbles were from bleeder thread fitting leaks and not from within the brake system, but we did a manual "pump 'em" to verify. No air was found during the manual pedal pump bleeding. A subsequent test drive with 3 wheel braking (one line plugged) showed the hydraulics to be functioning as expected.

The moral of this story?
If after a brake fluid leak the pedal goes to the floor and doesn't build pressure it may take a pressure, vacuum, or gravity bleed to get air out of the system. Pumping the brake pedal to create pressure/flow for bleeding may not be enough.

Given the split system design of the Sprinter brakes I'm not certain why air got around in the system. One suspicion is that maybe sloshing of the low level in the master cylinder reservoir allowed air to be drawn in?

Now that the master cylinder and brake system is verified to be operating properly the next move is to replace both of the rear brake lines. For some reason the rust in the rear area of the 2006 is noticeably worse than the front area.

FWIW. vic
When mine went bad I rerouted them around the fuel tank. Too much work to pull that sucker.

When mine went bad I rerouted them around the fuel tank. Too much work to pull that sucker.
Yep. That's what I did on the 2004 already. (Outlined in the first post.)

Doing the same with the 2006. The 2006 has a rear seat heater. The rerouted brake lines are up between the heater plastic case and the fuel tank. That keeps them protected and avoided some bendin' and fittin'.

The leaking driver side line is now replaced from the OEM union under the seat area back to the caliper. I'm working on the passenger side now, but need a shorter brake line than what I bought. I don't mind some dipsey doodle loops, but I do want to keep them to a minimum.

My copied passenger side crossover brake line ain't perfect, but it will work.

20210928_172445.jpg

I'll visit parts stores tomorrow for the 30" line I need.

vic

Some recent information about aftermarket brake lines.

For the 2006 140 WB with rear heater plastic case next to the fuel tank I was able to run the new lines between the case and tank where they are very protected. These are the lines that I used.

Driver side.
1 ea. - 3/16" x 84" long + 1 ea. - 3/16" x 51" long.
The 84" started at the OEM union under the area of the driver seat and ended a bit past the fuel tank. The 51" copied the OEM line from the brake hose toward the front. I needed a little dipsy doodle circle to align with the 84" union. A 40" wouldn't be long enough. If a available a 48" could replace the 51". Would it fit better? :idunno:
Added:
I estimate that the total length needed for the driver side is 129". 2 ea. 60" lines = 120" + 8" = 128". NAPA and AGS Co. offer 8" lines. My guess is that 2 ea. 60" and 1 ea. 8" would fit the next to the tank route very nicely (maybe even OEM over the tank). It would be easy to try. Install the 60" lines from the OEM union toward the back, and from the driver brake hose forward. If the 8" joins them great. If not, use a 20" joiner that would need a loop.

Passenger side.
2 ea. - 3/16" x 60" long + 1 ea. - 3/16" x 30" long.
The one 60" started at the driver seat OEM union and ended just short of the end of the fuel tank. The other 60" was used to copy the OEM line from the brake hose toward the front. The 30" joined the two unions on the ends of the 60". The fit was rather good. There was no need for a dipsy doodle loop.

I used a mix of AGS Company PAE and NAPA brake lines. The PAE are powder coated. The NAPA lines appear to be plated. During hand bending the NAPA lines formed more easily than did the PAE. It would seem that the PAE brake lines are heavier wall vs NAPA. Both formed equally well using my small combination 1/8", 3/16", 1/4" hand bender.

Some AGS Company PAE NAPA 3/16" Euro line numbers.
Eg. - 308 = 3/16" x 8"L, 320 = 3/16" x 20"L, etc.

PAE - 308, PAE -320, PAE - 330, PAE - 340, PAE - 360, PAE - 372, PAE - 384
SAE J572 on the label
AGS Company also offers the lines in a BLE number range. Nickel-copper also with a CNE letter prefix.

NAPA 3/16" line numbers aren't as obvious.
Note: During February 2022 repairs I noticed that the NAPA lines are already showing signs of rusting. FWIW.

30" = 813-1263
40" = 813-1264
51" = 813-1265
60" = 813-1276
84" = 813-1277

Unions I used were
AGS BLU-8C
Equivalent are (SAE J572?) Euro Bubble Flare Edelmann 276000 or Weatherhead 7975.
Added:
March 2022. I would avoid the steel Dorman 785-439D steel unions. The threaded portion is very deep compared to the brass unions. The AGS PAE 320 steel line nut was close to bottoming against the Dorman steel union. It did seal the line bubble end, but the line nut was right up against the steel union body.
Added:
While making up some more epoxied brake line nuts I noticed that the OEM nuts were too short to properly tighten the bubble flare into the Dorman unions. I used my lathe to trim off each end of the barrel. I needed to trim back more than I expected. If the nut thread section is long the Dorman unions will be fine. They may not work with the shorter threaded OEM line nuts. The more compact brass bubble unions are a better choice if available. (Check for proper Euro bubble flare. A parts store gave me a brass SAE type even though I specified bubble flare. Fortunately I caught the mistake while in the store. No brass bubble flare on hand so I got the Dorman unions.)

A cross reference.

Those with fancy brake bleed units can ignore this.

I disassembled the OEM unions under the driver seat and installed my line plugs. Once those lines were plugged I installed the new lines complete. After all was assembled I left the connections on the passenger and drivers side brake hoses slightly loose. I removed the plugs and connected the new lines to the OEM unions. After a short time brake fluid had flowed by gravity to the hose fittings. When we did the old school pedal pump/hold bleed procedure there was no air on the passenger side, and little air on the driver side.

vic

Added:
I brushed wheel bearing grease on all of the line connections and also wherever there were clips holding the new brake lines. While I was under the truck I also greased the fuel coil Wye fittings.

Last edited:

flman

I am still running a 2006, so good to know. OTOH, you can get the Cupinickel brake lines, they are supposed to be more corrosion resistant.

I am still running a 2006, so good to know. OTOH, you can get the Cupinickel brake lines, they are supposed to be more corrosion resistant.
I looked into that.

Cupronickel CuNi is much better for corrosion resistance. It is also fairly easy to form.

The reasons that I didn't go that route:

Reviews that I found for Euro bubble flare tools have me believing that a top end flaring tool is needed. They aren't cheap.

There are CuNi kits that come with 25 ft of tubing and some fittings. A nice kit. I didn't find those for Euro bubble flare.

A quick search didn't find any readily available Euro metric fittings. I could probably reuse the removed fittings... but...

Working on my back in the driveway the homemade custom replacement CuNi lines would still likely need to be made in shorter sections.

The OEM steel brake lines lasted approx. 15 years. I greased the replacement lines to help keep corrosion at bay. The new replacement lines could outlast the Sprinter.

The above said, parts have become more expensive. My recollection is that the 2004 replacement rear lines cost about 50 bucks in parts. This latest 2006 brake line job was closer to 75 bucks. Setting up for CuNi brake line DIY might be worthwhile if you anticipate more future use.

Added:
CuNi NiCopp nickel-copper alloy lines are available. Our local supply houses didn't stock any that I found.

If you trust my 2006 140 parts list the CuNi NiCopp nickel-copper alloy lines can be ordered.

vic

CuNi may not be the actual alloy that is used.
EUROPEAN LINE – ISO BUBBLE FLARE/METRIC AGS is the industry leader in the automotive aftermarket for steel brake, fuel, and transmission lines. Combining only the highest quality components, AGS manufactures steel lines that lead the automotive aftermarket in quality, coverage, and fill-rate. NiCopp is a nickel-copper alloy brake tubing that meets SAE Standard J1047 and ISO 4038; meeting all international and U.S. requirements for brake tubing. This alloy is approximately 9.2% nickel, 1.4% iron, 0.8% manganese, and 88.6% copper. Under the UNS system, this alloy is designated as UNS C70600. NiCopp therefore has the strength and structural integrity of steel lines but with the added benefit of being much more corrosion resistant. NiCopp is also easier to bend and form than steel tubing. Nickel-copper, commonly referred to as ’90-10 copper’, has been used on several European vehicle brake systems since the 1970’s, including: Volvo, Audi, Porsche, and Aston Martin. NiCopp has been used on hydraulic/fluid transfer systems on vehicles where steel lines and tubing are commonly used. This includes brake, fuel and transmission systems. NiCopp is considered the super-premium brand in brake lines and should be considered where the underbody of the vehicle is subjected to the harshest environments, where the longest life-span for lines is required, and/or where direct OEM replacement is desired. – NiCopp Does Not Rust or Corrode – DOT Approved for Hydraulic Brake Systems – Bends 58% Easier than Steel Tubing – Available in Coils of 25′, 50′, and 100′ – Finished Lines Available for Domestic Import – Black Oxide Fittings 2X Corrosion Resistance. NiCopp lines and tubing meet the following specifications: SAEJ1047, ISO 4038, AEJ1650, DIN 74234, BS2871

Last edited:

Top Bottom