Westy for sale in SoCal

Alexander178

I am the second owner of this 2005 Aistream Westfalia.

This Westy has ~80,300 miles on it.
Almost the entire time since I owned this Westy it’s been stored under the cover.

This Westy is in excellent mechanical condition.
The transmission was serviced in May 2017.
Has a set of brand new tires including the spare tire.
New brakes.

Since I took the ownership, the following replacements/upgrades were made:

- Turbo resonator eliminator replaced.

- Suspension upgraded with BILSTEIN shocks.

- Battery cut-off switch - to disable the vehicle's battery when the vehicle is not driven during extended periods of time.

- Hot Rod Water Heater Conversion Kit - to convert propane water heater to gas / electric.

- Surge Guard, Hardwired.

Known issues:

- The skylight (open/close) stopped working.
- The roof AC does not work (it never worked since I bought it).
- The left-hand side decorative black plastic panel has cracks.

The vehicle is located in Long Beach,CA and sold “as is”.

$53K.

Email: a_trushkin@yahoo.com
Phone: (206) 516-9058

Alexander

Attachments

Kiltym

On a side note, can you post the Bilstein shock part #'s you installed as I am having much confusion over these shocks and the 2500 van.

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
From photos (more on Yahoo Westfalia site

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/sprinter_westfalia/conversations/messages/14502

This one looks very nicely upkept. A rear door mounted spare tire carrier was added as well as a changeout to the Mercedes front grille. The steel wheels have the Mercedes center caps.

From the photos, this is probably one of the earlier Westies brought to the USA, as it has steel wheels, blackout tape between the windows, no Airstream-added handrail on upper kitchen cabinet, small metal plate on air conditioner cabinet where halogen light was relocated for air conditioner, no metal plate on bottom of kitchen cabinet, etc. The earlier Westies also had heated front seats which this one may or may not have.

Also added are the Mercedes/Dodge convex mirrors to the front door mirrors.

The build number of this Westy can be found on a sticker in the rear frame of the sliding door.

Last edited:

OldWest

2004 T1N Westfalia
Known Issues.

1. Skylight

If remote is available, may be simple issue like dead battery, push buttons not making contact or reprogramming. Do the side lights on the Heki work off the remote? Believe there is a thread on seeing if the remote is communicating.

Worst case scenario: the skylight is replaceable with a new electric Heki 4 or a manually operated Heki 3. The newer Heki versions (Plus) have nicer heat rejection pleated shades versus the original roller shade.

2. Roof AC

Could be examined for faults (blown fuses, relay issue, etc.) but often removed and replaced with an American unit or removed permanently for better road handling.

3. Black Plastic Side Panel

Cracks are common issue in USA and Europe. Lots of threads on various alternatives.

Kiltym

The numbers I have are:
22 214768 (front)
BNE 6452 BE (rear)
Thanks!

Looks like you used the "super high ceiling" version in the front, which is good to know as it was very unclear from Bilstein which would be correct.

And the rear, is likely the older/previous part # for their B4 shock: 19-064529

I will add the above to the suspension thread.

Alexander178

Kiltym, OldWest -

Thank you for your comments/inputs.

Thought that I'd add and respond to your inputs.

This Westy is #035 (forgot to mention that).

1. Skylight.
I am familiar with the forum's threads on how to revive the skylight. No success. After manipulation with the fuses the red light in the ceiling assembly is not there. I cannot turn on/off the remote-activated side lights. I think the issue is with the skylight's control unit.
Thought about getting the brand new Heki 4+. But it's a"a little" pricey - $1.4K-$1.5K (eBay) shipped from Germany.
I did not consider Heki 3 at all, thinking that it's geometrically incompatible with Heki 4+. If Heki 3 is just the manual version of Heki 4+ - that's even better! I'd be happy to give up that remote unit with those saggy buttons! But is Heki 3 the manual version of Heki 4+?

2. Roof AC.
No troubleshooting was done with the roof AC since I took over this Westy, because nobody wanted to touch that AC. Consequently, I decided that I'll have it replaced with the US-made AC, then later on I thought that in all my camping, etc., I hardly ever felt the need to have the roof AC, so I decided that I'll remove the roof AC altogether, and finally some time later I decided to sell the Westy, - so I went the full circle with the roof AC and the original AC is still sitting "up there". It is possible that it could be a (relatively) easy fix, ... or not... (The AC does look sort of rusty inside, though).

3. Black Plastic Side Panel.
Yes. I saw multiple threads on various solutions how to tackle that problem. But at that point I decided to sell the vehicle and leave it up to the next Westy owner.

4. Heated front seats. Interesting point - the controls are there and if I am not mistaken, they are active (i.e., there is a red light once you turn that switch on). But I never had the need to use that function. I am curious now.

5. I did not mention the brand new and different configuration of the gray / black water drain system. The original Airstream-added set-up has been removed and replaced with the different arrangement.

Kiltym

1. Skylight.
I am familiar with the forum's threads on how to revive the skylight. No success. After manipulation with the fuses the red light in the ceiling assembly is not there. I cannot turn on/off the remote-activated side lights. I think the issue is with the skylight's control unit.
Thought about getting the brand new Heki 4+. But it's a"a little" pricey - $1.4K-$1.5K (eBay) shipped from Germany.
I did not consider Heki 3 at all, thinking that it's geometrically incompatible with Heki 4+. If Heki 3 is just the manual version of Heki 4+ - that's even better! I'd be happy to give up that remote unit with those saggy buttons! But is Heki 3 the manual version of Heki 4+?
I have replaced our hatch with the Heki 3 plus (did come with pleated shade, so perhaps that is the only difference between non-plus and plus). Same exact hatch as 4 that came from Westfalia, except manual crank. These are not cheap either however.... ~$1k

Not sure if there is a"Heki 3" available anymore, and if it is, don't know anything about compatibility, but likely would fit. The "Heki 3 Plus" is the same hatch dimensionaly and fits with no issue.

Other option would be to try to replace just the control module for your existing Heki assuming the rest of the hatch is in good condition.

5. I did not mention the brand new and different configuration of the gray / black water drain system. The original Airstream-added set-up has been removed and replaced with the different arrangement.
If you have time, I am sure many would be curious as to what you did.

Last edited:

Top Bottom