Off to Dallas to get our 2017 Serenity!

Luckyme1980

Living in Ft. Myers, we have just 1 company in FL with Leisure Vans. I want to buy local, but they told me MSRP only, no discounts. I just could not do that for a $153K RV. After cancelling a delayed order for a 2018 Winnebago Navion, that they pushed back delivery 4 times, we decided after much shopping, to pay the extra $ for the Serenity and forgo the Navion. We started the shopping to find a stock Serinity unit as I'd had it with the "order and wait helplessly" for a delivery. Found the right unit with diesel genset in Dallas, got a "decent" discount (nothing like that of a loaded Navion), convinced the dealer to let it go as they were holding it for a show in September, and quickly pulled the trigger and purchased a 1 way ticket to the Lone Star State. 1250 miles over the weekend to get this new baby home.
We are thrilled with the design of these units. solid, great quality, well built units. Can't wait to be the owners of these elite RV's.

lovetokite

interested in a Serenity as well, would you mind sharing what the discount actually was? For an Airstream, another brand I am considering you may get up to 25%! Thank you in advance...

Grovelander

Had a similar experience. I flew to Dallas to pick up our new Serenity and drive it back to California last weekend. Price discounts are pretty small--just seven %-- since there are so few of them. We love the unit, with one very small glitch. The small coach door is difficult to open and works only sporadically. Anyone else have this problem?

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
The small coach door is difficult to open and works only sporadically. Anyone else have this problem?
Glad you enjoy the new Serenity. I sure would not use "small" to describe the coach door. We have had rattle issues with the door, but not with opening it. If you describe the problem in more detail, e.g. what do you mean by "works only sporadically"? When it does not work, what happens? we may be able to help more.

BTW, I wrap one layer of tape around the striker to remove the rattling. I also adjusted the four stops around the frame (bolts with plastic cover).

Luckyme1980

Had a similar experience. I flew to Dallas to pick up our new Serenity and drive it back to California last weekend. Price discounts are pretty small--just seven %-- since there are so few of them. We love the unit, with one very small glitch. The small coach door is difficult to open and works only sporadically. Anyone else have this problem?
We’ve noticed our 2017 Serenity coach door is a bit tight. I may adjust the catch out a couple millimeters if possible. Love this Serenity, and delivery from Dallas. Good experience with Vogt.

hoosierrun

We’ve noticed our 2017 Serenity coach door is a bit tight. I may adjust the catch out a couple millimeters if possible. Love this Serenity, and delivery from Dallas. Good experience with Vogt.
This was one of the complaints my DW had with our new 2016. I think tight might be better than loose and rattley. We sprayed ours with some white lithium grease and over time it has loosened up a little.

I think I lucked out with availability and price. We bought our unit off the lot at RV World of Nokomas, FL and were able to get about a 18% disc off MSRP. I think it was an ordered rig for another customer who probably changed their mind or could not get financing when the unit arrived. I think it sat there on the lot for a few weeks. With that said, we have a had a number of issues (one very serious) with our 2016. When everything is working good, it is an awesome machine. Best of luck with your unit.

Top Bottom