roof leak and electrical problem huge need idea,s

2007 LTV serenity freedom II have a huge problem . water has leaked in from the roof some where ran down the electric wires shorted out the panel. WIFE @ KID seen the water running out of the recepticles under the top cabinets @ the speaker ANYbody know of this happening on other units?? fan vent and roof air vent have NEVER BEEN opened since new. ALL HELP appr .took the rv to my [mom pop shop] yesterday to have checked out.

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
I would look on the roof for some sign of breach of a seal around one of the things up there. I feel terrible for you and I hope it stops raining. I'd say fix the water breach on the roof before tackling the damage inside.

thanks thats what I told the shop .find the problem. rv just turned 38k always stored inside. this shop is a mom/pop business only five workers. and you get to talk to whoever works on your rv,

We too had a roof leak, on our 2015 Serenity. We got on the roof and it was very clear where the caulking around the top was saturated with water. We concluded the caulking strip that goes all the way around the roof needs to be replaced every 2-3 years. The cost of replacing it versus the cost of waiting for the inevitable leak makes prevention worth the cost.

Not that anyone asked...

I don't know if this would have helped the situation.

It is good practice to periodically inspect the roof and RV in general for signs that sealant or other areas are compromised. I inspect my TT roof Spring and Fall. It seems that I often find some little thing which I apply a bit of sealant to. If you can't do the inspection yourself I think it is worthwhile to spend the money for an annual inspection. It may help to avoid some problems.

As an aside. I was talking to someone who was quite proud that they had turned down a used trailer because "There were signs that the roof needed repairs. The guy had re-sealed many spots over the years." I didn't say anything. I never saw the trailer. Personally I look at signs of sealing a good thing. At least it shows that the roof was inspected once in a while. No RV roof will last without periodic maintenance.

Be aware that the roof A/C units are notorious for leaking. They most all depend upon a compression type seal. As time passes the roof can settle a bit and affect the compression. Sometime the bolts can be snugged, but don't do that unless there is a reason to suspect a problem. There is just so much "snug" available.

:2cents: vic

Last edited:
WOW ! thanks for the info. never though there was a seal between side and roof .[but after a senior moment,] I guess there has to be one. I,ll stop by and tell them to check. I,m 71 can,t do a lot of the things I use to ,but I will follow this till that leak is found.

Top Bottom