Joining the family

islandbum561

DW and I went to Nokomis this week and met with Chris Corell at the Coachhouse factory for the second time. The only difference this time is that we took the plunge! Struck a deal on a 2018 272XLFR. Time for the wife and I to downsize from our current class A . We really want to get off the interstate and see more of the blue highways. Won't take delivery until 6/18 , I guess it's fair to say that they are BUSY! Can't wait to get out there and enjoy ?

islandbum561

109 views on this post and no replies. Just curious , any Coachhouse owners out there? I know this is a Coachhouse Sprinter forum but it's the only Coachhouse-specific forum I could find.

glasseye

Dunno what a Coachhouse is, but I watch the "Class A" vehicles (I call 'em the "forty-footers")
with dismay. There is so much world out there that is completely off limits to those vehicles.

This is what it's all about for me. A gin and tonic and near-wilderness. :cheers:

mikeme

2015 LTV IB: 2015 3500 V6
I wish you well. may just be that the coach house owners do not frequent the internet looking for support.

you might ask Coach House what they have or know about in the way of owners sharing info.

perhaps there is a facebook group.

another question is if coach house supports such owner groups.

the LTV forum has lots of participation, the company puts on a factory rally once a year, and regional events a couple times a year in different places. (they even pick up a pizza dinner) there is a nice facebook group (couple actually)

I looked at a coach house at the Hershey PA rv show, and was impressed.

I am sure you will have a great time.

HarryN

Should be a good choice. I have looked at those as well - very interesting coach.

The Ford version is quite a bit heavier duty / capacity, which should come in handy.

My company has been developing some specific solar / battery upgrades for that coach if you hare ever interested, but I am sure that you are fine as is.

Good luck.

Harry

COtravlrs

Hi islandbum561,
My wife and I put an order in for a 2018 241XL RT back in August. We were given an initial delivery date of mid-Feb (6 mos). I don't know if you've kept in touch with them for updates, but apparently they've had some trouble receiving chassis from MB. The last I spoke with them it is now mid to late March for completion. They haven't been very forthcoming with information or photos as they said they would. How has your experience been as far as progress reports etc? We're trying to plan our spring and summer plans and it's difficult to do with little or no progress info. I'd be interested in hearing about how your experience has been so far. Thanks!

islandbum561

COtrvlrs, so far we are still too far out from our delivery date to know if our coach will be ready when promised ( June). We spoke with Steve Gerzeny ( co-owner of Coachhouse) on Friday and he gave no indication of delays, but our coach is on the Ford E-450 chassis. Best of luck on your order and hopefully your delay will be minimal.

pierrem53

I was just wondering on the most recent deliveries were they close to the promised time?

thanks,

currently own a 2015 241xl dt and considering a new one.

Hi islandbum561,
My wife and I put an order in for a 2018 241XL RT back in August. We were given an initial delivery date of mid-Feb (6 mos). I don't know if you've kept in touch with them for updates, but apparently they've had some trouble receiving chassis from MB. The last I spoke with them it is now mid to late March for completion. They haven't been very forthcoming with information or photos as they said they would. How has your experience been as far as progress reports etc? We're trying to plan our spring and summer plans and it's difficult to do with little or no progress info. I'd be interested in hearing about how your experience has been so far. Thanks!
Cotravirs;617650
Hello, It's unfortunate that no CH Owner has responded to you in the last several months. Perhaps I can give you some insight into what you are experiencing. When the Factory has a chassis in stock, it takes them 3 months from start to finish to build a Sprinter CoachHouse. In your case, my guess is that CH did not actually have possession of a Mercedes Sprinter Chassis, when they took your order, and then encountered obstacles and delays in obtaining a Sprinter Chassis. If you look on the CH website, you will see that they are now selling a Plantinum III Ford Transit Chassis and it is my guess that because of supply problems with the Mercedes Sprinter Chassis, and the fact that Ford is very anxious to sell their NEW Ford Transit platform. So, CH may be moving away from Mercedes and embracing Ford, since they already have a working relationship with Ford with their E-450 Triton V10 gas engine. It may also be possible that Airstream with their Mercedes Interstate Model, is capturing the Sprinter Inventory. We live 3 1/2 hours from the CH factory and have a 10 year history of working with Coach House. From January to April 2010, they build our unit, a 2010 Platinum II 241 XL Twin and they have been outstanding in their customer support over the past 10 years. I would discourage anyone from purchasing a new unit and then embarking on a major trip. One has to take several short trips to work the bugs out. In our unit, for example, the batteries had not been connected and were not charging because the wiring was incomplete. So we had to go back to the factory to finish the wiring. Hopefully all that has been resolved now and you are enjoying your top of the line coach.

Top Bottom