What the trade is saying---Auto news (2nd Try)

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Heard somewhere dubious: "Mexico is going to pay for the Wall" and "China is going to pay for the tariffs"

Apparently the cost of the tariffs is currently being split roughly 6% by the (Chinese) suppliers, 6% by the importing firms, and 3% passed on to the consumer (of a 15% tariff) ... so far. As the year continues, business owners and economists expect businesses to stop bearing the burden and they'll pass more of them on to the consumer.

--dick

lindenengineering

Yes the importers are absorbing the cost due to the excellent margins enjoyed by US importers which bring me back to female "designer" purses and bags at Dillards & Nieman Marcus .
Dennis

flman

Heard somewhere dubious: "Mexico is going to pay for the Wall" and "China is going to pay for the tariffs"

Apparently the cost of the tariffs is currently being split roughly 6% by the (Chinese) suppliers, 6% by the importing firms, and 3% passed on to the consumer (of a 15% tariff) ... so far. As the year continues, business owners and economists expect businesses to stop bearing the burden and they'll pass more of them on to the consumer.

--dick

If that is true, it is a good punishment for companies that outsourced our jobs. :cheers:
Sorry, no more Clinton's, Bush's, or Obama's to screw the American worker any more. Get on the Trump train, or get run over.

lindenengineering

Data is released by the labor dept. If you don't like the news, blame the source.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/ppi.nr0.htm
Hot Air
This is nothing to do with importing and tariffs,
US manufacturers are using cheap outsourced labor to make consumer goods. Profits are high high for them with the current status quo!

I don't see that changing anytime soon, unless the USA becomes an autocratic state under Trump and loses its democracy.
Dennis

avanti

2022 Ford Transit 3500

--dick
Actually, a very high percentage is really being paid by our children and grandchildren:

https://www.usdebtclock.org

This so-called "miracle economy" orchestrated by #themoron is a simple case of borrowing from our kids. To say nothing of the carbon budget.

Last edited:

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
The 39B or 63B in tariffs showed to be right, reasonable and justified; supported the coming into place the recent trade deals signing. Excellent negotiating what prior was thought not possible to achieved.

Thank you very much Mr President Trump

flman

Actually, a very high percentage is really being paid by our children and grandchildren:

https://www.usdebtclock.org

This so-called "miracle economy" orchestrated by #themoron is a simple case of borrowing from our kids. To say nothing of the carbon budget.

Oh really? And who is paying for all the illegals, and the costs of the crime they commit when the ILLEGALLY enter our country? Santa Claus?

The wall is an investment with returns. DUH! :bash:

flman

The 39B or 63B in tariffs showed to be right, reasonable and justified; supported the coming into place the recent trade deals signing. Excellent negotiating what prior was thought not possible to achieved.

Thank you very much Mr President Trump

Yeah, but he cheated with his magic wand.

lindenengineering

Oh really? And who is paying for all the illegals, and the costs of the crime they commit when the ILLEGALLY enter our country? Santa Claus?

The wall is an investment with returns. DUH! :bash:
Frankly I am curious
What does the problem of illegal immigrants, crime, etc, etc specifically have to do with trade, tariffs and import/exports ?
Dennis

flman

Frankly I am curious
What does the problem of illegal immigrants, crime, etc, etc specifically have to do with trade, tariffs and import/exports ?
Dennis

Okay, blame me, since I am not the one that brought the wall topic up. :shifty:

All I did was present a question that everyone evaded, as suspected. Because they know I am right, it costs more in the long run to keep letting illegals in. :whistle:

BTW, thanks. :cheers:

Now back to the topic at hand........

lindenengineering

Okay, blame me, since I am not the one that brought the wall topic up. :shifty:

All I did was present a question that everyone evaded, as suspected. Because they know I am right, it costs more in the long run to keep letting illegals in. :whistle:

BTW, thanks. :cheers:

Now back to the topic at hand........
Well thanks for the candor.
So!
As a preamble and adding your illegal immigration factor in for a subject of the discussion on this topic.
Let me ask why has successive governments of both reflections allowed illegal immigration to flourish largely unchecked over the past 40 years?
Some might say it even turned a blind eye to the issue and some Democrats (Dumbocraps) who voiced their concern were conveniently converted to its expediency.?
So why was that ?
Dennis

flman

Well thanks for the candor.
So!
As a preamble and adding your illegal immigration factor in for a subject of the discussion on this topic.
Let me ask why has successive governments of both reflections allowed illegal immigration to flourish largely unchecked over the past 40 years?
Some might say it even turned a blind eye to the issue and some Democrats (Dumbocraps) who voiced their concern were conveniently converted to its expediency.?
So why was that ?
Dennis
Sorry, I did not realize that the wall is not to keep out illegals?
Endless supply of Democrat Voters, Duh. Trump is the only one that saw the problem and addressed it.
Now back to the topic, before Vic tosses it into the DZ again. :smirk:

lindenengineering

OK
The reason that successive governments have chosen to ignore illegal immigration is CHEAP LABOR!
American corporations want CHEAP/LABOR and the reduced overhead that go with it.
In other words, Pre and Post tax profits !

This was spelt out to me when I was seconded from the UK to work in California bus factory and saw half the Latino production line staff running out of the plant one day as the result of an INS raid!
A bit astonished I asked the HR department about their liabilities as a corporation employing illegals? It was explained to me by a senior female HR director called Sally H that this practice was quite in order. Besides they have enough political clout with politicians in Washington & Sacramento plus their and attorneys to head off any action the Gov INS either Local or National.

I got look Dennis you are in the USA not the UK, stop thinking like a Rinky Dinky Englishman OK!! I still to this day don't quite get the real meaning of Rinky Dinky but I got it.

In other words as an employer you are almost immune from prosecution if you employ illegals, but risk arrest and deportation if you are illegally in the USA as worker.
Clearly then it is/was accepted nationally to employ illegals as a disposable commodity and turn a blind eye to it as a method of business cost expediency.
That was almost the same practice as Venezuela.

So the result for any observer is is clear
Americans love and enjoy enjoy cheap food, traditionally harvested by Mexican & Central American illegal labor .

Americans love cheaper housing constructed by illegal Latinos.
In fact just about anything you want to buy is driven down to the cheapest deliminator by mostly illegal low paid Latino workers!
In short illegal workers were and still are a disposable commodity!

One of the biggest profitability boosts in the arm for American big business was and continues to be China when it joined the WTO!
The US corporations were able to export traditional US main line jobs to China and enjoy massive profit mark ups in the process! This time the American worker has been made the disposable commodity.

Today's status quo.

Questions for you as a dyed in the wool American!

1) Why can Emma Willis of the UK sell designer men's shirts at $400 each and have difficulty in meeting worldwide demand, when here, The New England Shirt Company couldn't compete with her product and retailed its product in the USA at a competitive $150? They went bust about 2 years ago!

2) Why are products like cell phones assembled by US corporations in China ?

3) The Italian high end leather female handbag & purse bearing iconic provenance labels like Ferragamo Gucci, Fendie , Louis Vitton etc represent but 3 billion dollars of exports for Italy.

So what country buys the lion's share of the products annually ?

4) Go into Dillards or Neiman Marcos store and observe the female handbag & purse selection.
Focus in on Torey Burch brand label.
Made mostly in China and wholesaled to these big box American stores. How much do you think the international buyer pays per unit when ordering job lots of 3000 production run units to be sold at retail outlets in the USA, Europe, and Australia?
Dennis

Last edited:

flman

So we are back on illegal immigration, good.

It is easy to exploit illegals to work cheap, and it is win win that they just so happened to sneak into America, it was not planned by the industries that they would sneak in.
How is it cheap, if the illegals are being paid cash, then apply for welfare, food stamps, free hospitalization, subsidized housing, HEAP, etc.?

Bringing in migrants on a temporary visa is the way to go, when the growing season is over, they go home, and live off of what they earned.
Right we were a poor nation before Clinton dropped the 40% tariff that worked fine, and sent all of the jobs to China to help Walmart's profits. And what about all of the lost middle class income? Try again...... :rolleyes:

Lots of good fairy tales there Dennis. :popcorn:

lindenengineering

No fairy tales FACTS my friend, HARD unpalatable hard facts to digest .
Americans like cheap.
Remember the word here "CHEAP"!
Now ever more likely to be cheap because they have meager wages that just about cover accommodation, & health care about 50% of average American family budgets and food a more or less constant 10% over the past 20 years . Consequently there is not much left in the family budget to buy anything nice and made in the USA.

Because of cheap labor we still enjoy cheap milk by the gallon, at about $2,60.
Because of cheap labor we enjoy cheap chicken food based products at ridiculously low prices.
i could go on but the plain fact is that large US industry and Commerce want cheap out sourced labor mostly from China, and furthermore much of the clothing on the backs of most Americans is cheap shoddily made disposable garments imported from 3rd world countries like Bangladesh & Vietnam to name a few!.
All to the deference of the American worker !

I am going to state here and now that US Commerce and Big industry together with successive Government of both reflections over the past 20 to 30 years have collectively broken that unwritten social contact between Western democracies have with their respective populations.

Furthermost the US Gov of successive reflections have allowed US Corporations to pay no tax on their huge profits by engaging in ghost offshore company practices and slick tax avoidance schemes which have robbed the US population of Corporate tax treasuries for investment within US Population as whole. The winners are the big US Corporation obsessed with stock market rates which you warble about on about on a daily basis.
The country has "given away the farm" to outside competition and shared with China intellectual property & manufacturing secrets/techniques just like the Europeans did with the USA in the 19 century. No lessons learned.
Nowadays the Chinese economy is about 44 trillion dollars.

And to answer my questions I posed to you which you ether can't or don't want answer !

The biggest customer for Italian provenance fashion products is the Chinese middle class !
By comparison American buyer of such products is the preference to buy CHEAP Chinese knock offs or self claimer US designer products made in China like that Tory Burch fashion line sold in Dillards & Nieman Marcus at between $150 to $250 but sourced for about $3,00 a pop in China.

Why did The New England Shirt Company go bust?
,American men won't spend $150 on a decent shirt! You all want CHEAP disposable clothing that won't last! Meanwhile the rest of the world want such products like Emma Willis stuff at $400 for a shirt and once again who can't get enough are Chinese middle class men.

Made in America is expensive? Hmm !
So I will pose yet another question.
While at Dillards look at the Brahmin brand.
Would YOU buy this at about $500 or the same style cheapo knock off from Walmart at $25?
https://www.dillards.com/p/brahmin-duxbury-duffle-bag/508547981
Info
Made in the USA !:rad:
https://www.brahmin.com/our-story.html

Finally
A closing paragraph or two.
I see that Trump has closed entry of Nigerians to the USA, the biggest and wealthiest African country labeled a $hithole country which has vast commercial potential.
Its curious that successive America politicians of both reflections from Clinton to fast arsed Pompeo open their landing speeches on landing with a same old hoary topic calling for eradication of corruption in Africa.
No other country does that! They want to do business in Africa
AND who does the most business in Africa?
Well the Chinese yes the Chinese of course.
Its represents only about 200 million dollars of business China for the whole Continent

Its time for some of these gammon faced US politicians & presidential hot shots to look inwards first at corruption and then outwards as long term plans not the 90 day American typical business forecasts trying to make a fast buck and boost stock prices
Think about it.
Its important to get the right leader in Washington or do we have the same old wall of gammon squabbling & mired in party politics.
Dennis

Last edited:

Top Bottom