Roadtrek CS Adventurous: replace inverter/charger advice

MarkC

2014 Roadtrek CS Adventurous. Inverter is failing - looks like control switch panel is failing. Woudl like to do a direct swop with same unit - so its an easy swop out / swop in. Having trouble sourcing the original unit. The original factory inverter/charger is 3KW unit from Microgreen Model MG-CI-AXA-3000-12-DC1 1420. This is a "badged" unit from China. Microgreen no longer supply it. The other label on the unit has this info: Model No: LW3000W-12-C, Input: 120VAC, 60Hz, Output: 120VAC, 60Hz, Barcode ||, 12302-14051470025.
It looks very similar to this unit, both specs and visually: https://zlpower.en.made-in-china.co...ne-Wave-UPS-Power-Star-Lw-Inverter-1-6kw.html

Does anyone have advice on how to find one of these units?
Many thanks
MarkC

Attachments

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
That's the same one I have, but not sure where you'd find it other than from RT. Have you tried calling them? My bet is that ZL Power is only a wholesaler/OEM supplier.

Attachments

MarkC

Thanks for input. I did contact RoadTrek who were very responsive and moved me to their new supplier KS2Corp. They are offering newer different units with different form factor and remote. Microgreen are still around, and have a similar but newer unit from different Chinese OEM. Might be the best option, but still slightly different form factor. I am now communicating directly with Chinese wholesaler who is helping but needs the actual serial info off the PCBs to verify exact unit (i.e. I will need to take unit apart..).

MarkC

That is great input. I would like the inverter to be built like a tank! Samlex I had not heard of - so thanks for the lead. Xantrex I have used for boat inverter. I am awaiting delivery of a Sungoldpower 4,000W unit. It appears there are many near identical versions to the unit originally installed in the Sprinter. All from China. They all have very similar dimensions and connections - so I am aiming for a "rip and replace" installation. If this unit dies, then I will go for a higher end unit like the ones you are highlighting. But that will mean some space lost and custom modifications in the back of the van.

I'm glad I mentioned it. Samlex has been around for a very long time, BTW, these are Made in Taiwan, quality is one top notch. Samlex is known to publish actual wattage output figures, not like other cheaper brands.

And looking at the connections, it may be just very close to plug and play, as the + and - are direct move to new inverter, remote wire looks to be the same for Samlex, and the hardwire line (hot/ground/neutral) should be moved just like the old inverter. You might need to get the wire maps for the new Samlex to match the old panel wiring if you want to reuse the remote control.

That is great input. I would like the inverter to be built like a tank! Samlex I had not heard of - so thanks for the lead. Xantrex I have used for boat inverter. I am awaiting delivery of a Sungoldpower 4,000W unit. It appears there are many near identical versions to the unit originally installed in the Sprinter. All from China. They all have very similar dimensions and connections - so I am aiming for a "rip and replace" installation. If this unit dies, then I will go for a higher end unit like the ones you are highlighting. But that will mean some space lost and custom modifications in the back of the van.

Last edited:

bdsray

I also am having problem with my Microgreen inverter in my 2015 Roadtrek CS model RV. Am looking for a drop-in replacement unit and the only two units I have found on the internet that are close in footprint are the Sungoldpower 3000w unit and the ATO 3000w unit, How did your sungoldpower 4000w unit install go. What words of wisdom can you give me.

GoodToGo

I replaced mine with a AIMS 3000 inverter charger from amazon for $922.00. The reason I went with this model it had the same connection points as my microgreen unit that came with the CS adventures. Did not have to change anything.
Steve

bdsray

I replaced mine with a AIMS 3000 inverter charger from amazon for $922.00. The reason I went with this model it had the same connection points as my microgreen unit that came with the CS adventures. Did not have to change anything.
Steve
I replaced my microgreen wth a Thor 3000 inverter which was a drop in replacement except for the input/output wiring which were reversed. The thor inverter charger is working fine. I found the microgreen unit had a loose connection in the output neutral wire terminal and was causing the inverter to malfunction. I repaired the unit and now have it for sale if anyone reading this message has interest. Bruce

Gcipriani

Thanks for input. I did contact RoadTrek who were very responsive and moved me to their new supplier KS2Corp. They are offering newer different units with different form factor and remote. Microgreen are still around, and have a similar but newer unit from different Chinese OEM. Might be the best option, but still slightly different form factor. I am now communicating directly with Chinese wholesaler who is helping but needs the actual serial info off the PCBs to verify exact unit (i.e. I will need to take unit apart..).
Hi All !!!
As a Graduate Electrical Engineer (BSEE from Michigan Technological University) and Owner of a 2018 Erwin Hymer Sunlight Van2 Class B Motorhome, I strongly recommend that you stay away from Anthony Scappaticci who runs KS2Corp, 137 rue Saint Ferdinand, Unit 274, Montreal, QC H4C2S6, anthony@ks2corp.com, (438) 638-9042
This man is a crook and should be ashamed to call himself an electrical engineer
In 2018 purchased my brand new Erwin Hymer Sunlight Van2 from Camping World in Houghton Lake, MI (before Hymer went belly up)
Scappaticci/KS2 supplied the entire electrical system, including (2) 200 Amp Lithium Ion Batteries and the 12VDC-120/1/60 AC Inverter.
The inverter failed after a year or so.
I tracked KS2/Scappaticci down to find a new replacement. He said the one I have is too small, and tried to sell me a bigger one of his.
He also said the Lithium Ion Batteries I have were a poor design, and then he head his own "Better" ones.
He tried to sell me replacements for the junk he originally supplied to Hymer for my unit.
I also asked him for the Wiring Diagram of my Van2 because he wired the whole unit in Cambridge.
He sends me some junior high school kind of Flow Diagram.
This is not a Wiring Diagram
This guy is of no help and this is not what I call customer support.
I decided to buy the inverter from him Scappaticci/KS2 because he led me to believe his design was unique and I couldn't get this anywhere else.
And then he tried to charge me 0ver $300 US Dollars over the sales price for shipping alone !
I told him I will send one of my company trucks to pick it up instead.
HE REFUSED.
This guy is a criminal.
I finally found a way around him.
If anyone wants my help, please feel free to contact me.
I charge nothing, I just hate to see people getting ripped off by the likes of this Creep.
And I won't be surprised if Sprinter blocks this message posted from me, since he supposedly their supplier (God forbid).
Gary Cipriani
Sun City Center, Florida
EMail pickleballcip@gmail.com
Phone (813) 447-0111

Top Bottom