Need HELP with my "interior" 12V system

mything2

2007 Airstream Interstate
My 2007 Interstate has an "interior" electrical problem that has me perplexed :thinking::thinking: as to the cause. Here are the symptoms:

1. When I'm running the engine or when I'm plugged in on shore power, all 12V systems will operate i.e.all interior/exterior lighting works normally and the house battery is getting charged. This tells me that my alternator is functional and that the Parallax controller seems to be distributing that 12V power

2. When I kill the engine, the Intellitect battery disconnect will shut off and, even though the house battery is fully charged, mytrying to push the "use" button gives no response at all. No lights, no interior heater fan motor, no gas range ignition.....nothing!

I've checked all 12V fuses in the Parallax Control Center and all look good. I reset all breakers on the 110V side as well.

I suspect a faulty battery disconnect panel because, last summer when we were on our second Houston to Alaska trip and also since then, I've experienced intermittent shutdown of the 12V system and the battery disconnect was difficult to set back to "use". I had to play with it before it would stay on.

Before I buy a new disconnect on EBay ($42.50), does anyone have any other possible causes? Is there a way to test the battery disconnect panel while it's still installed?

Any recommendations are appreciated!

Thanks
Dan

aljimenez

'13 LTV Serenity on '12 3
If you are handy, use some heavy cable to do the connection in the back of the switch. Basically, perform the switch function manually and if this works, then the switch is the problem... Al

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
I would try disconnecting the button that controls the switch and see if the switch is OK, or if the button that controls it is the problem too. You can hook a meter to the wires going into the switch and touch the button to see which wires the button shorts together and then short the leeds on the switch together as the button should be doing. If the new switch comes with the button it might not matter.

-Randy

mything2

All-

Well it turned out to be a failed Optima Bluetop house battery. I've replaced it with a AGM maintenance free with more overall power than the Optima and 1. About $100 less then Optima and 2. A 36 month full replacement versus 24 months on the Optima Bluetop. Everything is back to normal. Thanks

mything2

I apologize for a very delayed reply...it's an O'Reilly AGM brand. About $140 with a 3 year replacement warranty.

longboarder63

For those who have a similar problem with the Battery Disconnect not shutting off (just stays on Use despite hitting the Store button) check your battery connections on the House battery. I found the negative connection to the frame under the passenger seat (10mm nut) was loose. I think this was messing with the Intellitec's Store/Use panel.

Top Bottom