Awesome in the boonies

pdxh2o

We took my '05 2500 on a test run in the outback of central Oregon last weekend (before it all went up in flames) and really put the 2WD to the test...a 25+ mile dirt track over mountains with stream fordings, river bars with loose cobble, and "roads" with deeply rutted spots that freaked the wife out but I loved every minute...she (the wife) was OK once we finally came back out to "civilization" and she knew she'd make into work the next day after all...I carried rescue gear (winch, straps, shackles etc.) but never needed it. I am more than impressed ! 3 days of camping, swimming and watercolor painting...now off to S.F. for a week after the holiday for the City thrill version !:rad: pix soon

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I hope you weren't the guy the police are looking for, as to burning down half the county.:smirk:
Pictures are like a painting on a wall, without either one can not see your vision.
Richard

Last edited:

cedarsanctum

re: Member
Some day soon we'll get back out to that part of the state. The rainforest closer to the ocean is more our speed, but having the desert within a day's drive is kinda fun at times. Plus, we have all those micro climes in between. We're heading out to camp along the Hood River this weekend, which is about half way between rainforest and desert.
Have Fun, wherever you go.
Jef

pdxh2o

The tent is an REI Half Dome, self supporting (no stakes or lines), quick and easy set up and fits with room to spare...we pack all our gear into Rubbermaid Roughneck totes and they go in the back, with a hollow core door cut to fit bridging the fender well boxes as a table. The tent inside program is for when there's bugs or rain and no decent ground in our camping spot, or we want to be on the move early and not have to deal with a wet/dirty tent pack-up...Plus it leaves the interior quickly convertible to an "Art on a Roll" gallery for my paintings and other chores: :rad:

Attachments

pdxh2o

Yes, that's my DIY conversion...high grade commercial carpet (rems at $5< yd) glued to 1/4" plywood underlayment panels cut to fit over insulation and screwed in with black TEK self drillers that have integral cup washers...pretty quick to do...the lights are great LED marine floodlights 50W=300W halogen...I run a 50W and a 30W off my inverter for 2+ hours and it barely makes a dent in the voltage on the main battery.:smirk:

Top Bottom