over 100 inches

sikwan

06 Tin Can
When we were in Minnesota in Winter 2005, it was 6F. Driving from Minnesota to Chicago, we passed some ski resorts in Wisconsin at 1000ft elevation. I didn't think that was high enough in elevation to get good snow until I saw the temperature hovering at 4F. When we got to St. Louis, it was a nice sunny 33F. I never thought I would say "nice" and "33F" in the same sentence. :laughing: Arriving at the mile high city (Denver), it was 72F. :wtf:

When I read about people experiencing -35F, I just cringe. I thought that running to the restaurant in 6F temperatures was bad, but MINUS temps!? :crazy:

But then we have earthquakes here. :D

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Gee it must be tough at the top
Down under today in my little Island its a balmy "75 F" with a relative humidity of "51".
Just plain lazy today, enjoying the perfect day and the pleasures of life.
What can I say! "NO Balls Snow Balls
Richard
Now Mush Boys

Old Master

Hey Seek...you talk like it's never cold in your area; have you experienced cold there? Reason I ask...between 1980 and 1983 I was stationed aboard a ship homeported in Alameda. As you know(?), that's adjacent to Oakland and right across the bay from SF.

One of the coldest nights I can remember in the Navy (and I was stationed in both Newport, Rhode Island:thumbdown: and New London, Connecticut:thumbdown:) was standing a quarterdeck mid-watch (midnight to 4 a.m.). I felt so sorry for the two junior guys with me that I allowed the petty officer of the watch to go into a closed compartment with the telephone and I let the messenger of the watch go down to the messdecks. I stood outside alone, watching the gangplank, with only the ghost of Jack London and an Arctic wind keeping me company.

That wind blew so hard off the bay that I had to lean into it, my bridgecoat tails stood out horizontally behind me, and wind-tears froze on my cheeks. I was so glad when my relief came that I could have cried for real:cry:. The wind off of San Francisco Bay in December...yes, I remember it well.:thumbdown:

John :thumbup:

sikwan

06 Tin Can
Hey Richard...:tongue:

John, it gets cold here but not below 20F. I've been living here since '89 and the coldest average (from what I remember when venturing outdoors) was 33F. To me that's freezing (off by a degree :smilewink:)

I don't know what was wrong with this winter, but a blast from Alaska decided to come down and it was a cold 26 here in San Jose in January. :wtf: At least I don't have to shovel snow. :smirk:

The bay (San Francisco, Oakland, Alameda, etc.) can be warmer by at least 5 degrees during the winter because of the humidity.

If it ever gets into the minus temps here, I'm moving to Hawaii! :bounce:

Seek

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Hey Richard...:tongue:

John, it gets cold here but not below 20F. I've been living here since '89 and the coldest average (from what I remember when venturing outdoors) was 33F. To me that's freezing (off by a degree :smilewink:)

I don't know what was wrong with this winter, but a blast from Alaska decided to come down and it was a cold 26 here in San Jose in January. :wtf: At least I don't have to shovel snow. :smirk:

The bay (San Francisco, Oakland, Alameda, etc.) can be warmer by at least 5 degrees during the winter because of the humidity.

If it ever gets into the minus temps here, I'm moving to Hawaii! :bounce:

Seek
Every time I turn on CNN The snow gets deeper , people are freezing, cars are broke, don't run, and no service , or courtesy cars provided to pull you out of the hole, man Florida has cyclone dropping in out of season, just to rip houses to pieces again! As if the floods were not enough, New York's going under water, Manhattan style! try walking the Madison Square after the big thaw, and half the surrounding country side, is a white out left to right, East to West, and it's dam cold
You're right I'm gonna' freeze.
Johns in his Igloo, havening sweet dreams of olden days! "With a bottle of johnny Walker" to keep him warm, cause his ships frozen to the ice burg up in the N/West bay, so no more Irish Jigs, "To dance upon the waves".

Alaskan Bears are homeless, cause the ice has melted away, look out folks you've got migrating bears, making it down to the promised land, make great front door step mats
and I love a teddy Bear

Now LA's fine if you want to risk a quake, cool if your into to Rock and Roll, but I hear its on the move to solid ground, courtesy of mother earth.
And Seek's on the migrating trail to unstable ground, down onto Hawaii
To the ring of Fire, Looking for a spot that's turf-less of tribal warfare,
Damed if I know why, when it has ever expanding real estate by the shores, after all real estate by the water front is Oh! so hot and the girls well

So Whats the weather like on the mid Western front?
Such a nice day down under just hit 71F with a 51 Humidity rating
He, he, Richard

Old Master

71 F., huh? Stop rubbing it in!!! :bash:

I hereby make a motion to have the Sprinter Fest in Richard's back yard...assuming he has one of those famous Aussie "Barby's". We can have the barbequed duck, barnacles in-the-shell, and dog stew made in the traditional Aboriginal style. :drool:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
71 F., huh? Stop rubbing it in!!! :bash:

I hereby make a motion to have the Sprinter Fest in Richard's back yard...assuming he has one of those famous Aussie "Barby's". We can have the barbequed duck, barnacles in-the-shell, and dog stew made in the traditional Aboriginal style. :drool:
hello, Hello, Dog stew! Get so real please! Try wallaby stew with a few bush lemons thrown in for fun Now My OLD Master Ahoy there me mate' Its 3.08 on a lovely Saturday afternoon, just hit 79F with a relative humidity of 46 hot as hell under the sun but there is a sea breeze blowing down off Mt Wellington, so down to the beach to look at the birds, feathered and un feathered nice young things they are:bounce: so plump and tender done just right,so look for a corner to-nite in the chit chat corner! "Your in for a surprise".
Now captain Pug wash and Master bates have the ship, to get you down to the warm sunny side of town ,and will you so drool with envy with what I have to post.
I think I could start a new tourism venture for wanna' be Australians, we has the ultimate life style. even though your Sprinters are half price:tongue::tongue::tongue:
Richard

Zach Woods

Its 3.08 on a lovely Saturday afternoon, just hit 79F with a relative humidity of 46 hot as hell under the sun but there is a sea breeze blowing down off Mt Wellington, so down to the beach to look at the birds
But Richard -

What will the temperature be for you come August 3rd - 5th when we are planning to hold SprinterFest?

Zach

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
But Richard -

What will the temperature be for you come August 3rd - 5th when we are planning to hold SprinterFest?

Zach
August 3rd-5th? at worst 30 to 35 F maybe a little rain a blow in sea winds
Tasmania has a temperate climate snow is only on the highlands at the Mt Wellington tiers down to the 300 metre level at worst.
Mind you I cant predict what Global changes will be by the time the sprinter- fest takes place.
Richard

Old Master

Mark Twain reported: The coldest winter I ever spent was summer in San Francisco.
I knew I wasn't losing my memory! :thumbup: I don't think Mr. Seek quite believes my story about that midwatch in San Fran. I told y'all before that, like Richard, I would not lie! Well, not as much as him, anyway. :tongue:

Hey Richard, tell us a snake story. When we Yanks see anything on TV about Australia, it's always about the killer spiders and snakes. We get the idea that you guys walk around in metal trousers. Do you have that dangerous Australian Brown Snake there in Tazzy? :eek:

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I knew I wasn't losing my memory! :thumbup: I don't think Mr. Seek quite believes my story about that midwatch in San Fran. I told y'all before that, like Richard, I would not lie! Well, not as much as him, anyway. :tongue:

Hey Richard, tell us a snake story. When we Yanks see anything on TV about Australia, it's always about the killer spiders and snakes. We get the idea that you guys walk around in metal trousers. Do you have that dangerous Australian Brown Snake there in Tazzy? :eek:
Have we got snakes? down in tasmania
Ha' Your rattle snake ain't even in the race

Yes Australia has the most venomous snakes in the world
Tasmania has three main variants looking out for a sun bake, the most common is the Tasmanian Tiger snake [Notechis Scutatus] but in fairness to the reptile they are quite shy and stay away from humans, where you come unstuck with them is stepping on them, of course they flare up and bite usually on the leg we have the Copper head and the small whip snake as well but they are a RARE SPECIE UNLESS YOU GO DEEP INTO THE BUSH THESE DAYS AS THEIR HABITAT HAS BEEN DESTROYED.
Now I remember long time ago back in another century cause I would not lie:shifty: When living down in the country I had a new Valiant Chrysler Panel van, with the 318 fireball motor that need an exhaust rear pipe after bottoming out on a wooden bride sideways at 115 MPH, and a service so went to the local garage next door as big as you could want, I swear half of Tasmania's junk was stored in that shed, As The mechanic need the plugs , I said I'll nick next door and get them, so off I raced at the break of sun set, only to come back to the hangers door! "Shut it was," so I pulled the switch for the door to slide, and Bugger me dead if there wasn't a monster four foot snake on the rise, "I wouldn't lie" but if it wasn't for the fact that dam snake was on a concrete apron he would have had me smack in the middle of my tum. tum, did I let a sequel and hollowed to the world , Richard the mechanic came around too see what all the ruckus was about, and saw the thing slipping and sliding trying to get it's grip on the ground, strewth it had a go at him too, good thing snakes haven't got legs, Well it turned out to be a Dad and Dave's show,it was a live comedy show. Richard the mechanic said to Geoff! 'His old man" said I fix that ol' slippery thing, and out of all the junk that was in the shed! He grabbed my brand new tail pipe and flattened the thing all of six foot long, man this story is being stretched a mile, but it's true I would not lie:laughing: not to mention that the u bend in the pipe was dead straight the time that snake was long time dead, as for the van it turned autumn Red , but matched the white walls real nice, so I have dreams of Christine from time to time just like Steven king that dam snake in a van keeps on coming back to haunt me , from time to time, mind you there was a big Spider the following day, when off to Melbourne I was a going , I dropped the sun visor down, and down he dropped into my lap! By then I was five foot from the ground, straight through the sun roof , did the Harrier jump jet thing, and went ballistic full burn, but thats another story about Spiders, big hairy ones down under.
Yes it's true snakes are on the lose in Summer time quick time when the girl goes to the bush to squat awhile, that's when snakes sliver through the grass and come out from behind the tree of life, and disappear down behind the hole, and history begins.:lol:
Gee you guys have been watching too much of Bindi and Steve Irwin
S'sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss;'t
Richard

53722134.Tassietiger.jpg

Attachments

sikwan

06 Tin Can
I knew I wasn't losing my memory! :thumbup: I don't think Mr. Seek quite believes my story about that midwatch in San Fran.
:laughing: I believe you John. I also believe that you must be crazy, I mean, tough to endure temperatures below freezing. :smilewink:

Not me. I have water in my vains. :bounce:

Seek

Old Master

Seek...not exactly freezing sitting here in my Lazy Boy recliner, sipping a wee drop of the red grape, and reading Richard's snake stories. :wtf:

Having read it, however, I wasn't very impressed. He wrote about the "monster 4 ft. snake" he encountered...heck, we have earthworms longer than that right here in Ohio. Four feet...that's the length of our American size "medium" condom...(oops, am I allowed to reveal that?) :lol:

Yeah, Richard...on the weather tonight they say we're getting another winter storm Monday afternoon, lasting until Wednesday morning. So, this could be it, mates...the white death is descending once again. I have changed my Last Will and Testament. I'm leaving you my potted plant, Richard...or is it my planted pot...whatever.:cheers: But you must come get it. Wear a coat and your mittens.

Okay, I'm off to bed. :snore:

John

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
Sweet dreams my friend
The snake I was referring to was the baby you should see the old man.
looking forward to my pot after your leave the planet but leave a calling card if there is a warranty issue .
Richard

Top Bottom