Seriously , 4 bucks a gallon ?

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
If the President threaten to madated; All new government vehicles run on Natural gas, it would worry:frown: the Arabic crude stock supplyers and Oil Companys to such a degree that, before the first vehicle rolled off the assembly line, over night fuel prices would drop in'to the Two Dollar price range!... Very easy to convert a new asembly line vehicle to run on Natural Gas, with out adding cost.

USA has a huge -:bounce:one of the biggest supplys of Naural Gas! You Got to Love it!...:thumbup:

Petroleum is the closest thing that there is to magic, when you think about all it has done in a short period of time!... Methinks it'is the rare'st commodity in all the universe!:hugs:
This is my story and I"am sticking to it!...:thumbup:

showkey

:idunno::idunno: Several stations in Northern IL (BP, Citgo)....... Regular Unleaded $3.89....diesel $3.79 first time in a long time diesel cheaper than gas :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

:clapping:

Last edited:

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Oh I beg to differ. Not only do I get to drive around at $.08/gallon, but I also make about $400/month on WVO sales ......
$0.08 per gallon including labour? Including investment in equipment? So you're saying it costs you $8 to make 100 gals of fuel?

mackconsult

Think of it this way. Cost per mile is calculated as so.

Fuel expenditure (WVO + diesel), car payment (paid it off a couple months ago, before it was paid off I was at $.27/mile), insurance, little $$ for maintenance. Add it all up then divide it by the number of miles you drove that year.

I drove 21,151 miles last year, that is one of the reasons my cost is so far down, the other reason is that I mitigate the fuel cost, by charging myself $.20/gallon for WVO.

My collection and filtering equipment were paid for in the first year. The $.20/gallon comes from my time ($40/hr) collecting and filtering, plus some cost for electricity, mileage at the calculated value ($.08/gallon), and supplies like filters & mineral oil for vacuum pump.

So the $.08 figure is an estimation based on the fact that I paid my sprinter off this year.

$0.08 per gallon including labour? Including investment in equipment? So you're saying it costs you $8 to make 100 gals of fuel?

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Think of it this way. Cost per mile is calculated as so.

My collection and filtering equipment were paid for in the first year. The $.20/gallon comes from my time ($40/hr) collecting and filtering, plus some cost for electricity, mileage at the calculated value ($.08/gallon), and supplies like filters & mineral oil for vacuum pump.

So the $.08 figure is an estimation based on the fact that I paid my sprinter off this year.
I'm still having a hard time wrapping my brain around this cost per gal. thing... I still can't see how it can cost $20 to produce 100 gal. of fuel, equipment investment/amortization, labour, consumables, etc. :idunno:

mackconsult

Paid for all the equipment in the first year. Most of it was free stuff off Craigslist or stuff I got from work in the scrap bins.

The $.20 rate basically is calculated for my time, the few filters & mineral oil I get for processing and running the vehicle, and then my mileage in picking the oil up on my routes. I am able to collect upwards of 100 to 150 gallons at a time, and I can process 40 gallons at a time which takes me 12 hours. The majority of my oil sells on craigslist at $2/gallon. So because of the quantity that I go through on a monthly basis, and the implementation of my filtering I am able to benefit from some "mass" production effects. Get all my WVO for free from the restaurants.

What is funny is that I collect about 350 gallons a month, process it and only use about 50 gallons in my sprinter, the rest gets sold at $2 gallon. So if drive 1763 miles a month @ $0.08/miles it costs me $141 a month, but I sell $600 worth of WVO a month.

So like many on this forum ..... My sprinter makes me $ every month ..... and I can sleep in it :rad:

...... equipment investment/amortization .....

knighty

I just filled my tank from empty (just short of 80 liters)

it was £110 (gb pounds)

or

$175 usd

you guys have it easy over there :o

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I just filled my tank from empty (just short of 80 liters)

it was £110 (gb pounds)

or

$175 usd

you guys have it easy over there :o
So do we It's gone up since this photo was taken but at AU $152.9 per liter;minus eight cents discount = AU $ 144.9 a liter.
DSC00335 (Custom).JPG
ATTACH]41197[/ATTACH]​
AU$ 1.44.9 a liter with an ABN tax credit -10% GST = balances out at AU $130.41 a liter
Dual tax credits.

If a Sprinter is marked out at 5 metric tonne not 4.900 KG then the full excise tax of 38 cents a liter is an immediate BAS tax write off., that is a rebate return of 38 cents from the retail price of Diesel fuels .

Lets see AU $ 152.9 a liter for diesel Vortex 10/ppm on the discount strips.
DSC01248 (Custom) (4) (Custom).JPG

Minus eight cents a liter discounts Not available Australia wide. = AU $ 1.44.9 a liter retail deduct the Mandated 38 cents a liter government tax impost excise , brings the total price down to AU $1.11.1 a liter at the gate terminal retail pricing structure.

If in Queensland and Victoria take another 10cents a liter off as to weekly discount cycling by competitive fuel suppliers.

That's cheaper than the yanks can get it for."The latter pricing schedule is for commercial operators only.

DSC00351 (Custom).JPG
Fuel range 958 Kilometers per 74 liters 26/7 MPG US to 1150 Kilometers per 78 liters. up to 33 MPG US Gallon.
Not sure what the exact fuel return would be never ran out of fuel but the old girls sure runs well on empty fumes.:lol:
Richard

Attachments

knighty

I've looked a lot at CNG sprinters..... but there's not a lot around 2nd hand and it's not really worth it for me to buy new....

but I might be doing a lot more miles soon... so it could well be worth it to buy a new one :-o

Altered Sprinter

Happy Little Vegemite
I've looked a lot at CNG sprinters..... but there's not a lot around 2nd hand and it's not really worth it for me to buy new....

but I might be doing a lot more miles soon... so it could well be worth it to buy a new one :-o
Depends on where your traveling as to zones with high fees for excess emissions such as London. at a 100 quid a a day.

Richard

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
While it is a shock to see the changes ....

I replaced my Ford E-250 straight 6 in 2002 with my Sprinter. The E-250 had a 50 gallon tank and got 10 MPG. 500 miles range max. Gas cost in the DC area in 2002 about $1.50 gallon. $0.15 a mile.

My Sprinter now - 21 MPG at $4.00 gallon. About 500 miles range - min. $0.19 a mile.

So fuel cost per gallon out of my pocket [which is blind to whether it bought gas or diesel] is up 167% from $1.50. Mileage cost over 10-years is up 27%. That works out to about 2.6% per year increase.

All US Urban areas CPI in 2002 177.1; in 2012 226.7. 10-year difference: 28%.

So the dismal science's prediction that consumers look for alternative goods to maximize their consumer surplus (here, minimize their loss) worked out for me - and anyone else who made similar changes at that time.

Which hides a multitude of sins.

OrioN

2008 2500 170" EXT
Marijuana? Alcohol was the precursor. An individual's energy self-reliance has not been in the cards since prohibition... the real reason.

Last edited:

gary 32

07 ncv3 pv
One Comment for “Make hemp biodiesel”

Shahsoon says:
September 6, 2011 at 12:02 pm

I hate the governments of the world for hiding this from us, no wonder they don’t want us having marijuana. I hope one day God will punish all those responsible for hiding the truth from us. Educate urself people and wake up. Marijuana is life. Grow it everywhere.

Attachments

RB7

Part (a lot) of the problem is that a dollar is not really a dollar anymore. If a dollar isn't worth as much, then oil producers need to charge more dollars for their crude oil to make as much as much $$ as they did before. This is what happens when your government overspends and then prints $$ to pay their bills.(inflation) The biggest spender in world history is now in office...

When learning to drive, my dad always told me that pushing any of the 3 pedals on the floor of your car costs you money and the harder you press any of them, the more it costs you. Dang, he knew what he was talking about.

Too bad basic Economics isn't mandatory in U.S. schools.

RB7

Road Jager

2011 Airstream 3500
The cost to produce diesel is not as much as gasoline, even though it distills high in the fracking tower. I have noticed on my home natural gas bill that the gas company is not selling it to us in cubic feet, but decatherms. This helps explain why diesel is much more expensive than gasoline. Unleaded fuel has 125,000BTU's/US gallon, while diesel has 137,850BTU's/US gallon. The oil producers are pricing their product based on thermal units available in a unit of measure.
It will be interesting to see how the alternative fuels, i.e.; switchgrass, algae-based fuels, etc. are priced vs. their thermal units.
Jager

kmessinger

The cost to produce diesel is not as much as gasoline, even though it distills high in the fracking tower. Jager
I always thought it came off lower but no matter where it comes from it costs $4.59 here in the San Francisco East Bay.:cry:

I am back to consolidating trips and driving 60 mph.

Top Bottom