NorCal Sprinter Campout - Oct. 10-14, 2019 - We're going to Taylorsville

HarryN

I am very sorry, but I just cannot make it.

Everything is loaded in the van including solar panels and plenty of power to run the stage, but I just can't come.

There is just too much going on here right now. Nothing dramatic, but can't leave today.

I will probably be in the Sacramento area on Monday if anyone wants to meet for coffee.

Enjoy the camp out.

MsNomer

It was pure serendipity that this event fit neatly into our 4-month trip. As proud owners of that other van, we appreciated the warm welcome from Sprinter folk and Dale and Karen were absolutely superb hosts. The only downside to the weekend was leaving. Thanks to everyone and happy travels.

Some asked for more details of my build: msnomersvan.wordpress.com

Trip report of this Alaska journey with photos: https://www.promasterforum.com/threads/north-to-alaska.88179/#post-677285

Last edited:

HarryN

In case anyone would like to meet in the Roseville area on Monday or Tuesday for coffee, I am buying. Just send a pm.

asimba2

ourkaravan.com
In case anyone would like to meet in the Roseville area on Monday or Tuesday for coffee, I am buying. Just send a pm.
Monday is out but I think Tuesday could work.

As always, a big thanks to Dale and Karen for serving-up another great weekend!

-Ken

marc1

Another successful event! Thank you very much Dale and Karen, Once again I had a GREAT time and enjoyed meeting some new folks and catching up with old friends. Until next time ...

SprinterSnale

'05 T1N 3500 - NorCalSprinterCampout
Thanks to everyone who attended the 2019 NorCal Sprinter Campout in Taylorsville Oct 10-14, 2019. It was a great weekend and we enjoyed great company, great rigs and great times. We topped out at 19 rigs. Half stayed for two nights, and a quarter for one or three nights respectively. The weather was classic Fall chill: 60's in the day dipping into the 30's at night. Good thing we have heaters for the iron tents.
We shared many travel stories, build out stories and covered a lot of territory around the campfire with the stars above. We feel honored to share this time and place with you guys around this pastime and platform. The Taylorsville Campground offered us a warm welcome (and warm showers). With so much to see and do in the area we signed up for NorCal Sprinter Campout 5, October 8-12, 2020 at the Taylorsville County Campground. And we may do a smaller Spring Fling in Concow once that campground reopens for business.
All the best on your continued adventures and builds.
Dale and Karen

The wide shot Sunday morning looking north.

HQ looking south. 2 Promasters and only 2 T1Ns this year. NCV3s ruled the roost.

Paul and Ellie's Prism.

This 1987 TN showed up Saturday. Not easy to get this thing plated in CA...what an emmissions tale.

Marc from So. Cal. Miss Nomer from Oklahoma and JR from Alaska stopped in on extended fall trips.

Bike ride to Genesee Store

Saturday night music.

Live music with Glenn and Kevin

The neighbors dog crashed the Saturday evening festivities.

On the sunny-side.

Dan the welcoming committee in his shabby sheikh setup.

Indian Creek at Taylorsville County Campground.

Last edited:

pbansen

Here are a few more pictures!

View from the north end of the campground:

A few of Laurie and Ralph's rig:

Pancake breakfast on Sunday:

Taylorsville:

An adorable Corgi eating peanut butter:

Last edited:

VanGoSki

Nice pictures, Dale! :clapping: That looked like an awesome time and I'm sorry I missed it. I was planning on going up on Thursday/Friday, but then our power went out in San Jose and I had to stay home and run our generator. I've got a freezer full of salmon from another hobby of mine that I couldn't risk going bad. Plus I would not want to leave my wife stuck with no power. Next year for sure, and I should hopefully have my van by then! :bounce:

GSWatson

2013 144
For anyone close to the area, Feather River Hot Springs was a great find. Val and I spent Saturday night there. There was a great night of live classic bluegrass in the bar which is an old shed where 20 is a crowd. Rocky, the owner, made a big pot of beef stew and another of vegetable soup, some salad, and served up $3 beers...

Morning was coffee in the hot springs, alternating between the sulfur tub, the lithium tub, and cold dips in the river...

Cheers,
Greg

SprinterSnale

'05 T1N 3500 - NorCalSprinterCampout

VanGoSki

Terrific shots. You have a drone? I was hoping to get up there and meet you, but I had this stupid PG&E power shutdown to deal with and had to stick around. Bad timing. Maybe next time.

Top Bottom