T1N Front Seats: 2002 to 2005 compatibility?

jtodd

I just purchased some 2002 front seats for my 2004. Why? The 2004 seats are showing a bit of wear, and the 2002 seats were in perfect condition, and the price was right. See the pictures for the 2002 seats.

Things I see immediately: The 2002 seats don't have lumbar support. My 2004 seats do, though the bulb is suspect on both seats (doesn't seem to do anything.)

Really, all I want to do is swap out the fabric/vinyl parts. The lumbar support seems to be "built in" so that concerns me for a swap-out. I don't know if this is a three-hour disassemble/reassemble job, or if this is a two day hell-project where I have to bring the seats to an upholsterer. I'm looking for someone who has already tried to wrestle with this monster - your insights would be appreciated.

On the upside: if anyone wants two 2002 seats with slightly worn covers, that's what I'll end up with when the transplant is complete.

JT

Attachments

Can't help with the fabric swap details, but if you go to post #31 here it may give you a repair method for your lumbar pumps.

https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4827

If it's just the seat bottoms that are worn maybe just swap out complete bottoms or change the covering for only the bottoms? They look much less complicated than the backs do to me. Good luck. vic

Top Bottom