Denver, CO area Sprinter Mechanic

forJO

Looking at purchasing my first sprinter (used) and would like to find a mechanic in the Denver area to take it to before purchase to check it out and then for service after purchase.

Anyone have any recommendations or sugguestions on how to find a Sprinter mechanic.

Benoni

This would be helpful information for me, too, as we will be traveling to Estes Park from Seattle in a couple of weeks. Thanks!

forJO

This would be helpful information for me, too, as we will be traveling to Estes Park from Seattle in a couple of weeks. Thanks!
Yeah there is one Dodge dealer in Golden (west side of Denver) that sales and says services Sprinters but I don't know of any independent mechanics. But they want to sale me a new Sprinter (at a good deal but still out of my price range) so I am not sure about taking a used one to them for a check-up. Especially if they are one of the dealers that doesn't know how to work on the Mercedes engines, etc.

forJO

I talked with Central Motive Power - Diesel Service Center today and they have worked on a few sprinters but not a lot. But that is the first mechanic to say they have looked at one other than the Dodge dealership. I even tried several Freightliner service locations but they said they don't work on them. So for the time being you can look up these guys - http://www.centralmotivepower.com/

I am going to see if my FedEx driver has a place they get theirs worked on. Hopefully that will be a good lead.

gregowski

Hey all - Late to the thread, but I'm in Boulder, and at MB Westminster, Terry Mason is the (a?) Service Advisor (tmason@mbwestminster.com, (303) 410-7818) says he brought an experienced Sprinter tech from another dealership to work for him.

I bought my 2008 Sprinter 2500 from Christopher's Dodge World in Golden - I don't know anything about their mechanics, but I have heard rumors that Dodge mechanics only received cursory training on the Sprinter, and that Dodge dealerships may not even have had adequate tools for the Sprinter.

Please post any opinions you have on any local mechanics you've had work done by, it'd be great to have some reviews.

Thanks!

Greg

ao123

Try Linden engineering in Denver. I spoke with the boss a few weeks ago regarding my transmission and not only was he dead on, he was pleasant, polite and very willing to help on the phone. He is a Brit and lived and worked overseas for years. He has a website that will provide all the contact informaton. Just search for Linden engineering.

Alan Oram
Bozeman, Montana

forJO

Try Linden engineering in Denver. I spoke with the boss a few weeks ago regarding my transmission and not only was he dead on, he was pleasant, polite and very willing to help on the phone. He is a Brit and lived and worked overseas for years. He has a website that will provide all the contact informaton. Just search for Linden engineering.

Alan Oram
Bozeman, Montana
Thanks for the information on Linden, good to hear the good report. I will have to give Linden a call the next time I need some work done.

slsbl77

Thanks for the information on Linden, good to hear the good report. I will have to give Linden a call the next time I need some work done.
I just had the steering column replaced (search key won't turn) at MB Westminster. I have been to this dealership twice now and each time found them very good. Terry (the Sprinter service writer) is well versed in the MB system having been at Murray MB and Christopher Dodge. Sprinter tech he brought with him is GOOD. They got my van on Tuesday, diagnosed the problem, ordered the parts, and had it ready to go again on Thursday morning. Excellent service.
I have ordered a new van from this dealer, I find them to be good to deal with. Good service is something to look for when shopping for a new vehicle and these guys fill that need.
Bob

Just got this e-mail.

Mercedes-Benz of Littleton is pleased to announce that effective June 30, 2010 we are an authorized Sprinter Van dealer.

A hundred years of commercial van experience come standard.

With its trailblazing technical innovations, Mercedes-Benz has been writing automotive history for over 100 years. In the United States, as in the rest of the world, Mercedes-Benz vehicles have always been synonymous with innovative technology, safety, quality, comfort, and longevity.

Not just a world leader in premium cars, Mercedes-Benz is also the world's largest manufacture of commercial vehicles, setting standards since the first van was created in 1896. As of today, over one million Mercedes-Benz Sprinter vans have been sold worldwide: an impressive testament to our experience.

Please contact Patrick Rupas at:
303-703-2227 or PatrickR@MBofLittleton.com
For your commercial van sales and service needs.

Mercedes Benz of Littleton Click here to view our privacy policy Click here to unsubscribe from our email list
8070 S. Broadway
Littleton, CO 80122

lindenengineering

Hello Guys

I am always ready to help with Sprinter problems.
Our regular customers are the fleet operators but we will do what we can for drop ins and emergency repairs.
Our Sprinter service business is growing, we value Sprinter customers, and always feel free to call with a service concern. I can't say I have all the answers but I will give it my best shot.
Alan thanks for the kind words up there in Bozeman--nice--Big Sky Country--my idea of America!
Cheers Dennis
Linden Engineering inc
www.lindenengineering.com

gregowski

Just wanted to pipe up with another enthusiastic review of Linden Engineering. Dennis, the owner, is an incredibly knowledgeable and friendly Brit who has worked on diesels from Baghdad to Caracas. He charged me a very fair price for service, didn't mind if I watched all the goings-on, and was happy to explain anything I asked about my Sprinter.

Highly recommended!

Greg

wbk

I was on a long road trip (climbing) and upon doing a routine service myself I checked the injectors only to find I had the black death clumping up on three of the injectors (or so it seemed). Dennis at LinDen engineering (Golden, CO) helped me get these injectors out, reseal them and get them back in at a very reasonable price. Best part was that he coached me through this, taking his precious time to educate me and answer my endless questions.

Thanks Dennis! If you're in the Denver area, this is the place to take your Sprinter.

Ben Kunz

LassenAle

Dennis at Linden is incredibly knowledgeable and a great guy to boot. I was through there with my newly purchased 2006 Cargo last week, he took the time to diagnose my check engine light, and inspected some other areas of concern I had. All for $75. The Sprinter world needs more blokes like Terry!

bkdiem

Linden engineering is the way to go.
Dennis (owner) is great, and my experience exactly matches the one above.. easy to talk to, helpful over the phone, and his diagnosis was dead on..

MOBILESPRNT

Mercedes-Benz Of Littleton is pleased to tell you that we offer mobile service anywhere in colorado. Just give us a call and we can help you where ever that may be.

720-971-9360
Kyle Geitzenauer
Sprinter Sales And Mobile Service
Kyle@mboflittleton.com

Torchwater

There is a new Mercedes dealer in Loveland/Fort Collins area. The same owner as the Westminister store. They are a bit green, but will be full service. I just hope thy are versed in these vans by the time I need service.

Darin

Top Bottom