2009 ERA Front Seat Recover

Denver Tom

Hi All -

2009 ERA front seat bottoms need recovering and, ideally, new foam.

Apparently, Winnebago only stocks “soft goods” for 3-5 years.

Any suggestions for aftermarket foam and/or covers - or is local upholstery shop the way to go?

Denver Tom

Geriakt

2017 View 24J
Since it is a MB seat, have you contacted MB parts to see what they have to offer?

Or look on Ebay for seat covers?

Denver Tom

Since it is a MB seat, have you contacted MB parts to see what they have to offer?

Or look on Ebay for seat covers?
I thought I remember it being a FlexSteel frame. I suppose they might also be the Mercedes OEM supplier. If the “deck” of the seat is truly MB, then Seat Shop has replacement Durafoam “decks”, which would be very helpful. The seat backs are still in good shape.

I spent some time with my local upholstery shop. They indicated that first try should be to the OEM supplier, but that disassembling and restitching new seat bottoms was an everyday affair for them. They did suggest, however, that finding replacement foam decking would be ideal. We also determined that we could use the fabric from the back “hider” flap of the rear jackknife couch as a source for extra fabric.

Geriakt

2017 View 24J
I was assuming front seats are the drivers and passenger seat. If so these are MB seats that have been recovered. I would guess you can get seat foam from MB or an OEM provider on ebay.

Top Bottom