2008 144" High Roof Low Miles Partial Conversion, SLC, UT - $25k

bencpeters

I'm selling my 2008 144 Sprinter. I've been working off and on on building out a conversion with an eye toward hauling mountain bikes & being able to drive with up to 5 seat belts, but unfortunately life circumstances are changing and I can't keep the van as a second vehicle.

This conversion is set up perfectly for hauling bikes, sleeping without moving anything around, and still has 5 seatbelts. It needs finish work and possibly adding a galley, but it's very useable as is.

Details on the conversion:
- Installed a plywood floor over the base metal floor
- CR Laurence windows with opening vents on both sides of the van in the front panel (in the sliding door and across from it)
- Insulated with Thinsulate automotive insulation (except ceiling). I still have some more thinsulate on the roll for you to finish out the ceiling.
- OEM Sprinter 3 seat row (from a passenger van) professionally installed with the stock brackets. The seat row is placed far enough back to accommodate a small galley between the front seats and the seat row, but still allows mountain bikes to be rolled in behind the seat without taking wheels off or anything.
- 50" wide, 6' long bed platform behind the seats in the back of the van. The platform is built just high enough to allow mountain bikes to be loaded underneath it without taking off wheels, but it still has plenty of headroom for sleeping without feeling claustrophobic (substantially more headroom than a typical truck cap bed setup). There is a narrow aisle on one side of the platform that allows you to walk inside to the back doors next to the platform.
- Fantastic Vent Automatic Rain Sensing vent fan installed in roof in the back of the van.

Details on the Van:
2008 Freightliner Sprinter 2500 with low (58,000) miles for the year.
- 144" wheelbase, super high roof (easily enough room for me to stand up in at 6'0")
- Van was originally a cargo van with a divided partition between the cab and the back and the back compartment sprayed with bedliner. I've removed the partition and removed the bedliner where necessary to get to the van metal.
- Installed BF Goodrich A/T KO2 tires last June - MUCH better traction than the stock setup
- Installed an aux input cable to the stock radio
- Minor cosmetic rust on the corner of the sliding door
- Dent in left rear fender from a tire blowout in June
- Missing lower convex mirror glass on driver's side mirror

Asking $25,000.

I hope this van finds a good home with someone who can finish up the conversion!

More Photos:
https://goo.gl/photos/tPCpd1xyernscfBY9

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom