7th Annual NW SprinterFest

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
We do need more commercial participation. The RVers have overrun the festival and a healthy balance should be restored!

-Jon
The photo in the previous post from John seems to show nothing but straight Sprinters, were they all RVs on the inside? Or did you see a bunch of Winnebagos there? I was thinking of bringing my new Leisure Travel, glad I didn't contribute to the overrun of RVs.

But really, the joy of a Sprinter to me is that I can pull over ANYWHERE while driving and sleep if I need to, pee if I need to, or eat or drink if I need to. Can't do that in my hybrid Insight, the seats don't go back at all...

Without all that creature comfort it's just driving a t1n can down the road listening to the highway noise echo in that big empty space.

-Randy

dickknapp

dickknapp
My wife and I were newbies to Sprinterfest, and with a newly acquired '06 that we will turn into a simple dry-camper, we were most grateful for the comraderie and sharing of ideas! Thanks to the Sprinter Store for putting it on!
Dick

scubanw3

We were talking about the DIY vs. the manufactured RVs attendance this morning and to the best of our recollection we figured there was 1 Navion, 1 Great West, 1 Pleasureway, 1 Roadtrek Adventurous, 1 Sportsmobile Pop Top and we think that was about it. The rest were custom conversions or DIY. We also recalled only one commercial rig, ie electrical or plumbing contactors. If anyone has better recollection please pipe up.

Thank you, John
Sprinter Store
http://sprinterstore.com/
A division of Upscale Automotive, Inc.
19460 SW 89th Ave.
Tualatin, OR 97062
503-692-0846

Hmr

John,
Thanks for putting on the event. I brought one of the 2 vans that drove up from San Diego. Well worth the trip to see some of the other DIY examples and, especially, the amazing Jeep camper that Mike H. and Paul J. had on display.

There were so many people snapping photos with nice cameras that I didn't bother taking any myself. I assumed they'd be posted in this thread. :idunno: Some great craftsmanship and clever designs on display.

Graphite Dave

Dave Orton
Thanks John for another worthwhile visit. Lots of nice friendly people helping each other understand different approaches to building a conversion. Lots of variation to fit the owners particular needs. The vans included one with a wood stove and another fitted out to display paintings. The Sprinterfest should be on a "must do" list for anyone thinking about a conversion. After a lot of gray wet days the sunshine was appreciated. One comment to anyone who goes next year is to be sure to include a visit to the Evergreen airplane museum in nearby McMinnville. Great exhibit of many vintage airplanes including the Spruce Goose.

Top Bottom