2019 Roambuilt Roof Rack

Mr Makai

Personally I like the look, price
, and versatility of the Freedom Vango rack.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

drbutton

Sorry, I am "newbie" - do you install some sort of a ladder to get to the items on the rack? How practical are these racks? Any pictures of these installed on your Sprinter?

Thank you. :thinking:

Last edited:

Mr Makai

Sorry, I am "newbie" - do you install some sort of a ladder to get to the items on the rack? How practical are these racks? Any pictures of these installed on your Sprinter?

Thank you. :thinking:
There is usually a ladder up the back or side.

They can be useful for storage but they are more frequently used for mounting things like solar, awnings, and lights.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

FlaJoe

Joining this thread with a Momentum Van build with a lot of Roambuilt components: Shadow Rack, Trail Ready Wheels, and hopefully front and rear bumpers, etc. With the Shadow Rack you can see the aluminum color of the awning extenders, and contemplating two light bars as cover, if they can't powder coat the exterior tube black. I agree with the comments on the 2019 possessing more modern lines which are more suited for the bars, but seems to be personal taste. The biggest wish is to maintain the radar and park assist capabilities with a winch bumper and rear step bumper. Line-xing so if I can't get them without sacrificing the radar stuff, will be content with the coating. One of the biggest issues on the 2019 I have had to confront is tire size. Was hoping for true 33's or 35's but you can't while maintaining the MBUX system and cruise control. Tires above 275/70/17s are apparently blowing up the computer and making the cruise control inoperable. Both Agile and VC have confirmed this. The MBUX system is pretty cool. I do understand that Roambuilt has obtained a 2019 and is working on their 2019 model components. Good luck to everyone working on their Van, Man!

Last edited:
Joining this thread with a Momentum Van build with a lot of Roambuilt components: Shadow Rack, Trail Ready Wheels, and hopefully front and rear bumpers, etc. With the Shadow Rack you can see the aluminum color of the awning extenders, and contemplating two light bars as cover, if they can't powder coat the exterior tube black. I agree with the comments on the 2019 possessing more modern lines which are more suited for the bars, but seems to be personal taste. The biggest wish is to maintain the radar and park assist capabilities with a winch bumper and rear step bumper. Line-xing so if I can't get them without sacrificing the radar stuff, will be content with the coating. One of the biggest issues on the 2019 I have had to confront is tire size. Was hoping for true 33's or 35's but you can't while maintaining the MBUX system and cruise control. Tires above 275/70/17s are apparently blowing up the computer and making the cruise control inoperable. Both Agile and VC have confirmed this. The MBUX system is pretty cool. I do understand that Roambuilt has obtained a 2019 and is working on their 2019 model components. Good luck to everyone working on their Van, Man!
FlaJoe - Check your PM’s...

Both the RoamBuilt Safari rack (round lights) and the Safari LED (double light bar) extend out towards the front more than other racks i've seen, giving you extra space on top. This is one of the reason's I went with RoamBuilt...I needed room for my 365W solar panel, Kingtec A/C, and MaxFan.

If you go with the light bar option, RoamBuilt recommends double light bars for less wind noise and better wind deflection. At least that's what they told me. In the end I went with 5 LED round lights mostly because I like the look of the 5 round lights over the double light bar.
Do you have pics?

Hi,

New to forum and new to sprinters (had been driving a Toyota Sienna for the past 7 years).
Just picked up my Tenorite Grey 2019 Sprinter passenger 4x4 this past Saturday. Awesome Christmas present for myself.

How is Roam Built's customer service now?
I want to buy their side steps for my 2019 passenger 4x4 but emailed them and no response. I have seen postings from members in 2018 that it was horrible.

Anyone with information on their delivery dates for purchased products from customers versus authorized dealers?

Can I go ahead and buy online with confidence that I will get it?

wquek

Work in progress
Hi,

New to forum and new to sprinters (had been driving a Toyota Sienna for the past 7 years).
Just picked up my Tenorite Grey 2019 Sprinter passenger 4x4 this past Saturday. Awesome Christmas present for myself.

How is Roam Built's customer service now?
I want to buy their side steps for my 2019 passenger 4x4 but emailed them and no response. I have seen postings from members in 2018 that it was horrible.

Anyone with information on their delivery dates for purchased products from customers versus authorized dealers?

Can I go ahead and buy online with confidence that I will get it?

I ordered a roof rack and ladder from Chad in September and had it installed by them last week. They are really nice people and are a small shop. If you don’t get a reply back from them, send them another email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered a roof rack and ladder from Chad in September and had it installed by them last week. They are really nice people and are a small shop. If you don’t get a reply back from them, send them another email.

So that was a 3 month waiting period from the time you ordered and received the product?

wquek

Work in progress
So that was a 3 month waiting period from the time you ordered and received the product?

Not sure what the wait period is like. I placed my order in September when my van went into production and requested to pick up in December because that was the soonest I was able to get to Portland to pick up.

Last edited:
Not sure what the wait period is like. I placed my order in September when my van went into production and requested to pick up in December because that was the soonest I was able to get to Portland to pick up.

Do you have a photo looking at the fro t on the van so we can see the rack from the front?

wquek

Work in progress
This is the best photo I have of mine. If you go on their Instagram profile, you will be able to see a lot more angles. Might be hard to tell from the photo but I have the new V2 rack that is curved in the front. Most of the photos out there are of the original square model.

https://instagram.com/roambuilt?igshid=n4b4fgazp7se

steved57

Okay so I ordered a set of Roambuilt side steps / running boards for my 2019 170 MB high roof - I have reached out to Chad but no response yet - I did not get a packing list or any sort of instructions
The box was severely damaged when I received it so a packing slip would be nice - I received the two side steps, three braces, long metal reinforced rubber strip and a bag of rivnuts, bolts and washers - Can anyone here confirm if that is everything ? And does anyone have any pic's from underneath of a set that are mounted up or did anyone get any instructions they could share ? I am sure we can figure it out but would be nice to have any other info
Thanks
Steve

Okay so I ordered a set of Roambuilt side steps / running boards for my 2019 170 MB high roof - I have reached out to Chad but no response yet - I did not get a packing list or any sort of instructions
The box was severely damaged when I received it so a packing slip would be nice - I received the two side steps, three braces, long metal reinforced rubber strip and a bag of rivnuts, bolts and washers - Can anyone here confirm if that is everything ? And does anyone have any pic's from underneath of a set that are mounted up or did anyone get any instructions they could share ? I am sure we can figure it out but would be nice to have any other info
Thanks
Steve
Can you share a little detail when you ordered them?

I also ordered the steps on 12-30-19 after Chad responded that it would ship in 2-3 weeks at that time.
Still waiting after 4 weeks.

How is the quality?

Thanks

steved57

I ordered them approx. 12/20 and received them couple days ago - they are good looking design and I like them but the welding could be a little better - but of course they are powder coated and unless you are really looking it's okay

Last edited:

Top Bottom