Coil over front shocks for T1N?

Buckscreek

Hi all,

has anyone installed coil over front shocks in a T1N? If so, type, supplier and results?

Thanks in advance.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
T1Ns are not designed for coilover struts. If you wanted to do a custom coilover, it would not be able to carry the whole load. It would still require wheel spacers to clear the coils.

There are no good aftermarket struts for the T1N as far as I know. Though in Aus you may be able to get monotube bilsteins?

Buckscreek

Thanks, I realise that there is no replacement for the spring, but looking for a better shock solution. I've seen coilover shocks available in the US, but can't find anything in AUS. I've recently replaced a sagging front steel spring with a composite one and replaced the shocks. This has resolved the previous bottoming out issue, but the front end is just too soft, as though the spring needs more pre-load. Ride height has been improved and distance between control arm and bump stop is as it should be.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Sumo springs can help. You can try different fron struts to see if they offer more damping.

I have never seen coilovers of any kind installed on the T1N front end (with exception to the VC PITA van, which was using a fully custom setup from an ML).

Mattyk

Hi mate.
If it’s for a t1n 4x4 you could try Adventure van conversions in Poland.They have a few different products starting to come out.

Thanks, I realise that there is no replacement for the spring, but looking for a better shock solution. I've seen coilover shocks available in the US, but can't find anything in AUS. I've recently replaced a sagging front steel spring with a composite one and replaced the shocks. This has resolved the previous bottoming out issue, but the front end is just too soft, as though the spring needs more pre-load. Ride height has been improved and distance between control arm and bump stop is as it should be.
Was there any issues converting from steel to frp spring? Where did you purchase the spring?

Top Bottom