2nd Row seat Recall

BM64

2014 Adventurous has recall on 2nd row seat issue. Apparently the seat belt retraction has problems. Letter from Canada's govnt watchdog mandates no further occupancy of 2nd row seats until this is corrected. Locate your dealer immediately.

My local dealer tells me the corrective action is a sticker that reads, "Do not sit in this seat while in motion!" Secondly, the parts are not available in the event you want to fix said seat. Thirdly, the parts and labor are NOT free. The part is $250,US and shop labor is 6 hrs at $100/hr+. And finally, this dealer has "no interest in servicing a problem on a vehicle he/she did not sell."

any suggestions

BM64

2014 Adventurous has recall on 2nd row seat issue. Apparently the seat belt retraction has problems. Letter from Canada's govnt watchdog mandates no further occupancy of 2nd row seats until this is corrected. Locate your dealer immediately.

My local dealer tells me the corrective action is a sticker that reads, "Do not sit in this seat while in motion!" Secondly, the parts are not available in the event you want to fix said seat. Thirdly, the parts and labor are NOT free. The part is $250,US and shop labor is 6 hrs at $100/hr+. And finally, this dealer has "no interest in servicing a problem on a vehicle he/she did not sell."

any suggestions
:idunno:
247 reads and no replies. surprised nobody knows about this.

Knit

I too was told by local dealer that they will not work on the seats in my 2013 RS because I didn’t buy from them. Parts to actually fix the seats are now available I understand.

lilianspring

I'm new. but we are thinking about to get an RV and I like the e-trek and RS adventurous. Anyone knows if the new versions saying like 2019, or do they have 2020, didn't see any on market, are those new versions fixed? We have 2 kids, and one part of the reason I like etrek and rs adventurous is it has the 2 captain chairs I can put boost seats on.

Top Bottom