High Beam Signal wire?

Anyone on here know what color wire is the 12V+ signal for the highbeam on the VS30?

I was test lighting the wire feeding the plug on the headlights and when I tap the green wires it turns off the high beam for some reason?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

Rauch

I was just testing the same today. There is some Can Bus voltage 2V give or take and one 12V wire, but nothing changes with highbeam activation. Any ideas on tapping highbeam to run driving lights off a relay on the vs30 with LED? Maybe allow the negative on the fog lights to trigger the relay?

Laserbill

Any idea on what to use for those with halogens? Would like to trigger aux lighting via high beams as halogens leave something to be desired off road.

Laserbill

I have halogens and am interested if others know color of high beam 12 volt wire. Looking to tap into it for high beam trigger for off road lighting.

DvDw

Hmm, I was hoping this question was already answered... A possible solution would be to use a Canm8 Cannect High beam module. It takes the highbeam signal from the CANBUS network. Haven’t tried it my self, but sounds like an working solution.

RVBarry

2023 AWD 170 DIY CamperVan
^agree

That's what LazerLights sells, optionally, with their grille lights.

Christian-

Yep, like others have said the LED headlights get a CAN signal, which is basically a computer saying "turn on the highbeams". It's not like a normal wire that turns hot or ground or has a voltage increase.

DvDw

Did anyone ever figure this out for halogen lights?
Are you serious? ??‍♂, unplug the connector, stick an voltmeter in to it and put on the high beams. You will measure 12 volt when they are on, and nothing when they are off.

BlackDog

Are you serious? ??‍♂, unplug the connector, stick an voltmeter in to it and put on the high beams. You will measure 12 volt when they are on, and nothing when they are off.
Sorry, guess I was unclear. Looking for the wire to trigger off the high beam. The new Sprinter use an H15 bulb and the connector is not easy to get to.

DvDw

Sorry, guess I was unclear. Looking for the wire to trigger off the high beam. The new Sprinter use an H15 bulb and the connector is not easy to get to.
I did understand you fully. My instructions are also applicable on your message above. Measure out which cable / pin is for the high beam right after the connector to the headlight. It is one cable per headlight. Solder an extra wire to it, and connect it to an relay. Boom, extra / auxiliary high beams that work in conjunction with your normal headlights.
By the way: Reason I know this is because I’ve did that in the exact same manner. I have measured out which color the pin is for the high beams at the headlights connector. Unplug it, put one lead of your multimeter on ground and with the other lead measure out the pins on the headlight connector. When you enable the high beams, there will be +12v on an specific pin, and when you turn the high beams off you won’t get any power on that pin. Most easy way would be to measure it out with 2 persons. One guy in the van enabling and disabling the high beams and you measuring out all the pins in the headlight connector. When you have found the right pin, slice / cut / whatever and connect your own cable leading to a relay. Then that will be your signal wire for auxiliary / extra high beam lights.
NOTE:
Don’t be a dumbass by connecting extra / auxiliary high beams directly to the cable on the headlight connector. CANBUS will kick in and the lights will only flicker. Working with an relay and direct power from the battery is the only way to go.

Last edited:

Top Bottom